Bellazon

Valentina Zeliaeva
Thumbnail

gin

Valentina Zelyaeva by Tony Kim for Elle Russia July 2010

Photographed by Tony Kim as a stiletto wearing farmhand, cover girl Valentina Zelyaeva gets dirty for the July edition of Elle Russia. Donning an array of denim, button up tees and suspenders from the Ralph Lauren brand, the Russian stunner is the perfect mixture of tough and sexy in hardworking looks styled by Ekaterina Mukhina.

Fashion Gone Rogue ;)

tonykim6.th.jpgtonykim5.th.jpgtonykim1.th.jpg

tonykim4.th.jpgtonykim.th.jpgtonykim3.th.jpgtonykim2.th.jpg

Thanks Rox! here is one more and the article that goes with it-translated by blueberry_night :)

E04W0-d6ed2d1d384fc2ea804772a9bd56de08.jpg

Valentina Zeliaeva is one of those models who form the image of Russian beauty in the West. The blond with green eyes, face of Ralph Lauren, she has been living 7 years in NY; she answers the journalists’ questions in English, and signs her letters with short “Val”. Valentina’s personality completely corresponds to her smooth, calm, clear image. She has very calm voice and she is very moderate in her choice of feelings and words. Elle found out which city she considers her home and what is the secret of her success. Also we tried to change the usual image of Valentina, at least visually; you can see the result in our provocative editorial.

• When I was 16, an agent came up to me in the subway and asked me to take part in a competition. I agreed, but I didn’t win, I even didn’t take any place. But then I was invited to Japan to work as a model for several months. Back then I haven’t thought about that seriously, just wanted to see if anything could work out.

• There’re lots of magnets on my parents’ fridge – I buy them wherever I go and then send to my family. Also I collect cards from the places I’ve visited. Generally I love buying something very “local”. It can be, for example, something vintage or a crazy cowboy hat. Recently I’ve bought a very beautiful hammock in Mexico.

• My family is very proud of me: relatives collect all my editorials and photos. My number one fan is my mom. But my grandma, who lives in Siberia, thinks I’m too skinny. My father is a military man, he’s captain, my mom is teacher of Russian and literature. I have older sister – we both were born in Ulan-Ude, but we moved a lot: I lived in St. Petersburg, went to school in Moscow.

• I was eight when obligatory school uniform was abolished in Russia. Frankly, I was really upset – I loved those dresses and aprons (that was a school uniform in USSR), by the way I’m still an “October child” never became “Young Pioneer” (Communist organization of young schoolchildren, active during Soviet period)

• My daily outfit consists of jeans, T-shirt and Havanians – I have lots of them in different colors. Of course when I go out I dress up: I love high heels. I love Ralph Lauren especially the classic jeans and tops. They are fabulous. I have several Ralph Lauren Collection dresses for special occasions.

• I work a lot, that’s why I really appreciate the moments when I can be at home with my boyfriend and my two cats. I read, cook something delicious, for example, vegetables with coconut milk and curry - I love that dish. Separately I cook chicken for my boyfriend.

• Usually I start my day with the glass of warm water with lemon juice. For breakfast I have a glass of juice. Basically my diet consists of fruits, vegetables and sometimes fish. I don’t eat dairy, though I make exceptions for cheese and yogurt.

• I can reveal you my beauty secret! If you are looking for a super product that you can use as moisturizer, hair conditioner, cream for cuticles, lip balm, antibacterial remedy for gums and the one you can also eat, I’ll tell you - it exists! It’s coconut butter. I adore its smell.

• Basically it’s my only secret. Everything else is simple. I wash my face with the product that my dermatologist makes then I use toner and apply moisturizer in which I add several drops of grape seed oil. Two times a week I make clay mask and once a month dermabrasion. Also I have the best masseuse in the whole world. She comes to my home and helps me to relax after a long day.

• My fitness is capoeira. Three years ago a friend invited me to a class. Of course I didn’t want to look funny in front of advanced group, but my curiosity won. I was totally awkward and clumsy but decided to continue. Now I have a fourth belt.

• I love myself the way I am and wouldn’t change a thing. But there were times when I absolutely hated my knees. I thought they were too thin and bony.

• When I first started working as a model everyone (myself included) thought that it was just a hobby, a chance to make some cash. But this job became my life. I travel a lot, meet interesting people. Thanks to my job I moved to NY, now it’s my home. There’s so much energy and something happens all the time. I’m always on the go and I like it this way!

Something interesting about Valentina:

• She was on the Forbes list of highest paid models in 2007

• She writes articles for the site www.organiceyourlife.com where she gives advice on organic cosmetics and healthy lifestyle.

• She was on the covers of French, German, Russian Elle

• 4 weeks later...