Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

VMagazine

post-1004-0-1446076511-13522_thumb.jpg

Kate Upton Hot to Trot

MEGAMODEL AND EQUESTRIENNE KATE UPTON IS TAKING THE FASHION WORLD BY STORM

Who’s to say what qualifies as sport? Modeling could be considered a sport: it’s performance-based, highly competitive, demands an elite physique, and is a billion-dollar industry. Let’s say you buy into that idea (which, now that we’re thinking about it: Olympic modeling?), we could then say that 19-year-old model Kate Upton ranks among the top athletes in the world. That, and she’s also a five-time equestrienne champion for the American Paint Horse Association.

Born in Michigan and raised in Melbourne, Florida, Upton’s town’s claim to fame is professional surfer Kelly Slater, who also grew up there. But it wasn’t the local bro sport that enticed Upton. “While I was growing up, I wasn’t a great swimmer,” she says. “But my sister and I were obsessed with horses. We took lessons and kept getting better. We kept going to the next level.” After being discovered by a model agent at the young age of 12, Upton evacuated the stables to become a show pony herself.

Eventually she moved to Miami, and, like any athlete with that innate, destiny-implicating gift, she was booked every day for two and a half weeks, convincing her mother of her potential success. She finished high school via online courses. “People were always like, that’s a lot of responsibility, how could you start so young?” she says. “But I had my own horse, I mucked its stall every day, it was my responsibility. So taking care of myself or another animal was my daily routine.”

Edit: Sorry didn't see the picture already posted, but here's the interview that goes along with it... so semi repost :(

Wow this girl is on absolute fire!! In just a couple days its announced she got the Esquire cover, she has a big national campaign coming soon... and now a SI COVER (in just her second year) :o

Congrats to Kate :clap:

+1. A very big month for Kate!

TMZ:

The secret is out ... and so is the RIDICULOUSLY SMOKIN' HOT photo ... Kate Upton has been awarded the prestigious title of 2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover girl.

TMZ has learned ... a few of the issues arrived early to a gas station in Michigan ... and the pics are already making the rounds at breakneck speed. Props to @willdefries for the heads up.

S.I. was originally scheduled to announce the cover girl and reveal the cover shot at an event tonight ... but now, the cat is out of the bag.

^ FYI FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW.

Edit: Sorry didn't see the picture already posted, but here's the interview that goes along with it... so semi repost :(

That picture is so beautiful I think u can post it again 2 or 3 times :laugh:

But I will close my eyes each time i'll see her SI cover :pinch:

They could have done so much better!

post-1004-0-1446076517-01204_thumb.jpg post-1004-0-1446076517-91544_thumb.jpg post-1004-0-1446076518-57212_thumb.jpg post-1004-0-1446076518-95469_thumb.jpg post-1004-0-1446076519-43841_thumb.jpg post-1004-0-1446076519-46632_thumb.jpg

Designer Naeem Khan, Director of Fashion at Lincoln Center Stephanie Winston-Wolkoff, Professional Football Player Victor Cruz, model Kate Upton, National manager of brand experience marketing at Mercedes-Benz USA Lisa Holladay, and SVP and Managing Director for IMG Fashion Peter Levy take part in the ribbon cutting ceremony for Fall 2012 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts on February 8, 2012 in New York City.