Bellazon

Fashion Models CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Theron

I'm afraid I am the culprit in this fray :ninja: . My indecisive nature as well as sentimental weaknesses make me prone to a sympathy vote there, a last minute change there :ninja: . He probably just already put the votes in the excel when they were voted initially, so we should probably tell him about changes through PM a little more in advance. I have weakness for Emily because I was one of her original fans :pinch: :ninja: .

Yep, that's exactly what happened. :ninja: :)

If you don't tell me anything it's more than likely that I don't realize about any changes, in fact, I guess there must be more issues like this in the past, probably in preliminary rounds that nobody checked my results later... :confused:

In the other forum where I originally started these contests we are not allowed to change any votes, only in the following 10-15 mins after being posted and if it's been a mistake.

It's like that cause we had the same problem, or even worse, some people pretended to modify their votes at the very last minute to change a winner, so I had to set that rule.

I haven't done it here cause I thought people didn't change them, and because there's no way to find about any edition in this forum, in other forums, when someone edits a message after a while it automatically appears a line saying so and the time it has been done.

Excel?? You have to count on your fingers! It's way more accurate than excel!! :laugh: It worked for me, I won my first million that way!

I only have 20 fingers. :p

Personally I don't understand why you don't just count the votes at the end. Yes it takes a few extra minutes but there there are no points of contention. Just open multiple windows/tabs once you've officially closed the round, that way however the votes are they stand as is and count them then. My personal take :idk:

Personally I don't understand why you don't just count the votes at the end. Yes it takes a few extra minutes but there there are no points of contention. Just open multiple windows/tabs once you've officially closed the round, that way however the votes are they stand as is and count them then. My personal take :idk:

It's a good option, but there is still a point of contention, the tiebreakers... in case of a draw the chronological order of the votes is essential, so if anyone can edit anything whenever they want I can't use that tiebreaking rule.

Anyway, I don't do it this way because most of the times I couldn't, there are days that when the deadline comes I have just 5 spare minutes to copy and paste the final votes to the Excel sheet, and put the results and the new round, I don't have time to copy all the 25-30 votes at all, so you'd have to wait several additional hours all those days.

In addition, it's much more tedious to copy and paste all of them at the same time instead of doing it from time to time and when I can.

Most times people don't have issues waiting for the next round to be put up. Yes we appreciate promptness but we all understand that those people running these competitions have lives outside of bellazon and thus have commitments elsewhere. I just think that it's not exactly fair to discount someones vote merely because they changed it after the fact. You yourself encourage us to post pictures in an attempt to sway voters so in doing so you condone people changing their votes based on what is posted, regardless of when it is posted.

Most times people don't have issues waiting for the next round to be put up. Yes we appreciate promptness but we all understand that those people running these competitions have lives outside of bellazon and thus have commitments elsewhere. I just think that it's not exactly fair to discount someones vote merely because they changed it after the fact.

Well, that's the way I have been doing it for more than 2 years now, and the way I feel more comfortable.

I also prefer to change the rounds every 24 hours (aprox) and keep the deadline at the same time if possible, I only change it the day we don't have enough votes or because any important issue.

And I don't like to run very long and neverending contests... these ones take me 20-25 days and I already find them a bit long...

You yourself encourage us to post pictures in an attempt to sway voters so in doing so you condone people changing their votes based on what is posted, regardless of when it is posted.

Yeah I encourage to post pics, but assuming they can only have any effect on future voters and rounds.

But the most important reason why late changes shouldn't be allowed is what I told you before, the chronological order is essential for tiebreakers.

What happens if there is a draw and someone has changed a vote after the last vote??? what should I do then???

And another point, just imagine someone changes a vote a minute after the deadline, how can I control that???

What happens if I have just written the results, then someone quickly changes a vote, and later another one counts the votes and it's a different score...

Most times people don't have issues waiting for the next round to be put up. Yes we appreciate promptness but we all understand that those people running these competitions have lives outside of bellazon and thus have commitments elsewhere. I just think that it's not exactly fair to discount someones vote merely because they changed it after the fact.

Well, that's the way I have been doing it for more than 2 years now, and the way I feel more comfortable.

I also prefer to change the rounds every 24 hours (aprox) and keep the deadline at the same time if possible, I only change it the day we don't have enough votes or because any important issue.

And I don't like to run very long and neverending contests... these ones take me 20-25 days and I already find them a bit long...

You yourself encourage us to post pictures in an attempt to sway voters so in doing so you condone people changing their votes based on what is posted, regardless of when it is posted.

Yeah I encourage to post pics, but assuming they can only have any effect on future voters and rounds.

But the most important reason why late changes shouldn't be allowed is what I told you before, the chronological order is essential for tiebreakers.

What happens if there is a draw and someone has changed a vote after the last vote??? what should I do then???

And another point, just imagine someone changes a vote a minute after the deadline, how can I control that???

What happens if I have just written the results, then someone quickly changes a vote, and later another one counts the votes and it's a different score...

I've already stated close the round and open multiple tabs/windows so you can count the votes then and they stand as is. It doesn't matter what is changed after you have counted, what's in those tabs/windows is the final score. I'm argueing Emily's point here because I happen to know the scores were at 14-16 well before you closed them as I had counted up to lilso shortly after she had voted. As for the tie breaking votes let one more person come in to vote, in this case it would have been Baron. It's a bit more tedious but it's much more fair. People are entitled to change their opinions and if you encourage people to post pictures to sway voters you can't simply assume that it's only future voters that will sway.

There's nothing to explain. I've made my point it makes sense, I've given you a valid rebuttal for every arguement you've posted. You choose to stand with the incorrect scoring.

Late changes are not allowed, and I have tried to explain why.

In addition, I wrote that if someone changed a vote "a bit later" to please PM me, and that "a bit later" is very important cause if I receive the PM at the end I can't accept the change.

And I realised about that 1 hour and a half after the new round was posted.

I am writing a PM to you right now... :)

As for the tie breaking votes let one more person come in to vote, in this case it would have been Baron. It's a bit more tedious but it's much more fair.

I have talked about this many times in the other forum and... do you know what the problem is if you ask for just one more vote for the tiebreaker???

Some people quickly call a friend of theirs to add that final vote for her favorite, and the spirit of the game is lost.

And other times, you just don't get the necessary vote in ages, ask spades24 about that in her Classic Actors contest... :)

So I set this rule (last vote does not count) cause it's basically a tiebreaker going backwards, anybody can't cheat, and some people tend to vote quicker then.

And I am sorry I could not count Baron's votes the day he says hello here... :D I am going to ask him if he wants to vote the semifinals and final.