Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

I wasn't aware that anyone was able to 'pick' their outfits. That makes zero sense, as each outfit is set in a specific theme, and staggered for specific points in the show. Regardless I started this post to make a point. Pregnancy sucks, or is fabulous depending on who you talk to. What I don't understand is why in world would you renew a lucrative contract, (based around someone'd body no less) when they've bloated and packed on a number of pounds. I don't know how many of you have been pregnant, but sometimes the weight doesn't come off. I didn't have that problem, but a friend of mine packed on 40 pounds during her pregnancy and after giving birth gained an additional 5 pounds and couldn't seem to lose any of it.

Diet and excersize don't always make the difference, hormonal fluxuations and what not can just cause the base physiology to change. And I don't want to be the one to point this out but Adriana has already shown that her weight is a bit of a rollercoaster, so again I'm going to reitorate why would you renew a lingerie contract with someone who may or may not get their body back. From a business point of view it makes no sense... wait a few months, weeks even and see if your quote on quote star angel can get her body back before doing that.

As for the no one is safe - Ale and Adriana is safe bit... if you're quoting these people verbatim they should probably go back to english classes, or they're feeding you a line of bull. Those are contradictory statements and make basically everything you've said on the subject, subject to scrutinization and question. As for popularity, the only one I've been really seeing in mainstream media, (who is not relying on their significant other for that promotion) is Marisa. This contract with HD is huge, and Victoria's Secrets' target audience (which still remains the United States) is a huge fan of anyone and everyone who promotes their veterans... the people who made this country the land of the free.

My opinion on the pink segment, on Pink Planet in particular. I think we should all get accustomed to it being here for a while. With the way the economy is going and the recession most of these big companies who cater to vanity items, (yes lingerie is a vanity item) lost the vast majority of their adult audience. People are being more frugal, they don't want to go out and spend a ridiculous amount on a low quality piece of lingerie for themselves. Your big consumer group is now teens and tweens. Children and teenagers for the most part don't really notice the recession because let's face it... the money isn't coming out of their pockets, or if it is they don't have bills stacking up at home to worry about.

It makes sense why they would push Behati as an angel, even if it's only a 'pink angel'. She goes to all these college events, and let's face it out of all the girls they currently have Behati appeals and comes across as relatable to teens and tweens more then any of the other girls. Behati did all some of the promotional stuff with them last year. None of the other quote on quote new 'angels/faces/whatever they are' girls did. And while in the past the pink section hasn't warranted an angel it seems like it's coming down to marketing towards a guaranteed audience of buyers.

No Angel picks out there outfits they have a stylist for that. The stylists pick out what works best for each girl. I'm sorry but where the hell do you get this shit from your "contacts"? And again stop talking about angels that are leaving or might be leaving no one cares. No one knows what is going to happen with the Angels until it happens or we get false info from VS again. As for Behati getting wings yay Behati can't wait to see the outfit she gets. Yes I said "gets" and not "picked out" because she doesn't pick it out.

Gotta agree with the prior posts. They're of this thing I call the WIN.

TEUFELSKRALL = PWNED

U GOT PWNED SON SO SIT DOWN

psst I KNOW HOW TO USE THE THESAURUS TOO. BOOTY = PIRATE TREASURE

Pheno this makes me happy...

Q u o t e:

You're all a bunch of hydrocephalic, mouth breathing tards. I am, and will allways be the most annoying person on this server. I am armed with the truth, I don't give a flying birkenstock about what you think of me, and I couldn't care less if I'm raiding naxx or in the latest hip guild. I play this game to kill alliance, and I'm good at it. Solo is how I roll and that scares the pants off of all you socially barren, RL noobs who work so hard to be cool and have a life in game. I am your worst nightmare in real life and in game. Either place I own you one on one, and in game I don't need dkp with the new patch. Learn to bow.

People lay off the McGriddles

---- I heart WoW and Behati and Candice... Can't nail me for going off topic. AHAHAHAH see what I did thar? Behati/Marisa/Candice/Alessandra & Rosie har har

Well this is coming from Ed, and Monica's stand point. Adriana has lost and gained weight before, and from the looks of her pregnancy photos she's not gained a lot of weight, about 20-30 which is around average. Plus it's her job and it's a paycheck plus she loves what she does. She'll be back and be fine, and the company is already prepping for her comeback next year from what they've told us, so she is aware of this and will be working out the minute after she gives birth. If they were so worried about it and etc, they wouldn't have sent Adriana on an event when she was huge and pregnant...if they are willing to do that, it shows they are willing to work around the weight loss. She's always fluctuated and she'll get it off, she's always been good about it in the past. Also even if she didn't loose the weight, she's still got 4 years left on her contract anyway. She renewed last year. As well as Ale.

Savanna was just posting what she happened to remember, that I told her. We have been told by multiple sources, these girls are not going anywhere. They have the biggest, and longest standing contracts with VS. There really isn't even a question in the company if they wouldn't renew. They have the option of leaving, but neither are showing any interest in it. The exact quote I received was "Adriana and Alessandra are going no where. The only time they will leave the company, is if they request to do so." Something along those lines, and I've heard that from several sources. I'm not even a full fledged fan of Alessandra but it's a fact she isn't going anywhere.

Arie as for contacts, I happened to contact Limited one time and was passed through to Monica Mitro's office and stated who I was, and I was a fan and asked about an event, after doing this several times. They have contacted us back, and started a "relationship" with our site. Plus I've been fortunate to have some people who are friendly who I speak to that work for the company (high up positions) and work backstage or for the show, or for the company at all times. Plus the info Lima-Fans gets from Adriana's agent, PR, and Adriana herself (she's actually a member on our forum, she's personally confirmed) so we get our contacts from that.

As for the angels picking I meant it in it's loosest terms. The stylists does pick out the items the girls will wear, but if the angel does not like something about it, she doesn't have to wear it, and she gets an opinion of what she wears. SO they come to an agreement basically.

Like I said people can be upset about Adriana or Alessandra, or accept it. If they are the only ones that have stuck around this long it's kind of obvious. Plus look at the VS stores all over, it's still always those two, with Marisa mixed in. But it doesn't matter, Aries is right...this thread is about the show not the angels, or who is staying and who is going. Like I said, if Your fav angel is Adriana, Ale or Marisa...I wouldn't be worried at all.

Also after what Marisa posted, I'm totally scared about the runway this year, I'm hoping they bring back the straight runway, but I have a bad feeling they won't.

By the way Pretty I got a new number...I be callin soon.

Am I suppose to be impressed by that list of names? I don't care if you have contact with God himself unless VS comes out with official information about the show people need to stop spreading false information in this thread. If you get info from a website like modelinia then thats a different story because they are somewhat more reliable then just gossip coming from a members mouth that has "impressive contacts". With the Angels having input in what there wear is just gossip, of all the years I have watched VSFS & been a fan of them I have never heard of an Angel having a hand in picking her outfits & if they do then I'm sorry girls all of the Angels have horrible taste. Thats all for now. Pretty you are so weird but we love you and most of the time I have no idea what your talking about. :D

Aries unless you play world of warcraft you will probably never understand it. There's like an entire language or bastardized language that has sprung up from the phenomena that is World of Warcraft! Lol.. I play with her so it makes sense to me but ya.. she's a riot.

Yeah I don't play that. Its fun to read her stuff in here keeps the thread from being so crazy. Which doesn't really make sense but oh well. Thurday & Friday have been cleared so I can stay up all night and wait for pictures. I'm excited about the show again. Its like a bi polar thing one day im excited the next day im not its so connfusing

From your own mouth you said the Angels get to pick out there own outfits & I'm saying thats not true. I know about Heidi always having wings but again thats not picking out her own outfit and I know about Tyra never wanting to show her butt so they made sure it was covered but again thats not picking out there own outfits. I understand what you are saying you just said it in the wrong way. VS wants to make the girls as comfortable and happy as possible but they aren't going to let the Angels or any other girl come in and pick there own outfit. Yes they might think Ale will look good in this outfit but when she tries it on they might change it or put her in something else. When they design the outfits they probably have in mind who they want to see in that outfit. This is just coming from me no contacts & no bullsh*it rumors. Out of my own mouth

if you think the top girls dont have a say in what they wear you are crazy... the supers get whatever they want.

Miranda is not going any where please she is like the next big girl for them...has her own company, dating a celeb, groomed for the past 4 years by vs, semi famous.

you guys are like VS CIA... we'll find out soon enough then you can argue about who was horrible :)

Well if people would read what I said then they would know I'm talking about the girls don't get to pick out what they wear someone else makes the decision. Picking out your own outfit & having a say in what your going to wear is 2 different things. No the "supers" don't get whatever they want VS tries to make them as happy as possible. The Angels do run VS they work for them.