Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

I'm so annoyed with this model search thing. Unless an actual good model who couldnt get a casting goes to it and wins then i'm fine with it. Just a waste of time but i would prefer this as a segment over pick up lines or who is victoria like last years show...

I agree. They bring in pointless segments that just takes more and more time away from seeing the models on the runway. I dont get why they want that. Instead of leaving the runway segments for about 6 minutes each. They edit them down to 3 then throw some rubbish segments in. I think if they edit the runway to about 5 minutes each its perfect. Throw in a musical performance and a few interviews and backstage stuff here. You've got a 45 minute show right there.

I just hope they show the models properly on the runway this year. I can handle blowing kisses and waving hands. But i cant handle seeing a celeb and randon audience people every 5 seconds and cut walks and slow mo crap. We dont need that...

The model search is f*cking stupid.

Stick to your own models and models that are actually experienced, VS. <_<

And I too, wish that they wouldn't have such ridiculous costumes and pathetic gestures on the catwalk. This is supposed to be a fashion show after all, not a damned circus. I feel like it's just a circus show now.

I wish they'd go back to the classy, no-BS shows like they had 10 years ago. This is just pathetic. It gets worse and worse every year when they think that they're outdoing themselves. :cain: Whatever.

I agree. Keep it classy, simple, and elegant. In IMO, I thought the years 2000-2003 were the best. 2003 was a little more daring with the costumes, but I thought it had the best mix of behind the scenes shots and interviews with the models, as well as appropriate catwalk time. There was no slow-motion, no weird hand gestures, or silly faces. It seems like after they did the 2004 Angels Across America tour, it all went down hill. 2005 was bareable, but it just got weird in 2006.

At the rate of increase of the celeb centered-ness of the VSFS ... It'll eventually be 45 minute show of the pink carpet and then all the runway walks cramed together into a 5 minute segment. Lets face it ... it completely stopped being a fashion show after 06.

At the rate of increase of the celeb centered-ness of the VSFS ... It'll eventually be 45 minute show of the pink carpet and then all the runway walks cramed together into a 5 minute segment. Lets face it ... it completely stopped being a fashion show after 06.

Sad ... But true :cry:

I really can't see Behati in anything but the PINK line, shes just too darn cute. (shes perfect for the campaign don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean she HAS to become an angel like Ale did)

If she really has an Angel status now, I find it very odd. She just doesn't fit in..IMO.

:ninja:

They REALLY need to make Candice an angel though...now & really think about Emanuela too.

and I agree.

the model search is utter shit. WTF VS.

The model search is f*cking stupid.

Stick to your own models and models that are actually experienced, VS. <_<

And I too, wish that they wouldn't have such ridiculous costumes and pathetic gestures on the catwalk. This is supposed to be a fashion show after all, not a damned circus. I feel like it's just a circus show now.

I wish they'd go back to the classy, no-BS shows like they had 10 years ago. This is just pathetic. It gets worse and worse every year when they think that they're outdoing themselves. :cain: Whatever.

I agree. Keep it classy, simple, and elegant. In IMO, I thought the years 2000-2003 were the best. 2003 was a little more daring with the costumes, but I thought it had the best mix of behind the scenes shots and interviews with the models, as well as appropriate catwalk time. There was no slow-motion, no weird hand gestures, or silly faces. It seems like after they did the 2004 Angels Across America tour, it all went down hill. 2005 was bareable, but it just got weird in 2006.

agree with what you two said :flower:

I just went through the pictures, and I think I only saw one woman who looks like she belongs, and that's debatable. o.o

VS better pull something out of it's ass to wow us, because if it's anything like the last two years I'm going to be sad.

Unfortunately it's been cofirmed that the same production company is doing the show again this year. :no: