Bellazon

Yasmeen Ghauri
Thumbnail

diplostabus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2016 at 5:00 PM, justwastingtime said:

I love that shot too!  I remember seeing it, or another one from the same party, with her in the spaghetti strap slipdress, etc. Do you know what event in 1996 this was from?  Would love to see more pics of it if there are more...

no, sorry....i have no idea :/

On 1/15/2016 at 9:28 AM, justwastingtime said:

I love how she holds her gaze at something as she turns her head .

It's probably a photographer, or video camera.  The models will typically lock onto something, or someone.  You can sometimes see them searching as they come down the runway, and then it's like they suddenly lock on to someone.  Eye contact really makes the shot.  At one of the big shows a season or so ago, as the models reached the end of the runway the house photographer would hold up his open hand, like a STOP! gesture, holding them while he shot a few extra frames.  Then he'd wave them off, and they'd turn and go.  I realized it also meant he was easy to find in the crowd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24.08.2015 at 7:11 PM, brazilianaffair said:

^ all the supers started to get fewer bookings by the late 90's because they were regarded ad too expensive, not only Yasmeen....some of them went along with it, others decided it was not worth it anymore...Gianni Versace invented the supers, and that golden period pretty much ended around the time of his death....Naomi was the one that kept going no stop, i guess also because she was always very outspoken about the lack of black models on the runway and she didn't want to give up on that, the others all either slowed it down a lot or totally disappeared, like Yasmeen

here Yasmeen in Gianni Versace, spring-summer 1995

post-21972-0-31300800-1440432251_thumb.j

There was a rage about "urchin" look after 1996. Models like Kate Moss were super thin and childish. they were not glamazons like Yasmeen or Tatjana or Cindy. So they began to less and less bookings. Some models like nadja Auermann went thinner and thinner and got more jobs but eventually they had to stop too.