Bellazon

Josephine Skriver
Thumbnail

sarnic

Why Victoria's Secret's New Angel Is Creating Fashion for a Good Cause

There may only be a couple months left of 2016, but Josephine Skriver has got a lot to look forward to. Namely, the newly minted Victoria’s Secret Angel will take her first official winged strut down at the VS Fashion Show catwalk in a few short weeks. But before she heads to the City of Light, we caught up with the 23-year-old about a different kind of fashion project. And one that’s super close to her heart.

Available today, Skriver is releasing a limited-edition collection of sunglasses with Illesteva, the proceeds from which will benefit Keep a Child Alive, an organization that fights the international battle against pediatric AIDS. “It all happened very quickly and organically,” Skriver tells us. “I supported Keep a Child Alive during the Cantor Fitzgerald Charity Day event, and I knew that they were a charity that I wanted to get more involved with. Illesteva was up for the challenge of helping me create something that reflected my love for fashion and also helped benefit this amazing organization. It was a marriage of two passions.”

The result of this partnership: An all-neutral marbled frame in Illesteva’s classic Palm Beach silhouette. The model suggests that you think of it as an all-season staple: “I wear sunglasses year-round, and I know many of my friends do as well. Because I live in New York and it gets pretty chilly here, I’ll wear a big chunky scarf to my nose and then my Illesteva sunglasses so I’m all bundled up.”

Of course, with these pairs sitting on your nose, you can feel even better knowing that your purchase helped a child in need. Want to make an even bigger impact? Skriver has an answer for that, too. “I’m very lucky that my career has helped me have a platform to share my passion for spreading the word on meaningful causes; however, I don’t think you need to have a big following to make an impact,” says the model, activist, and social media star who boasts over 2.5M Instagram followers. “You can join a local charity organization and volunteer a couple of hours a week or maybe skip out on that last cocktail you don’t need and donate those $10 each month to a charity that means something to you. Chronicle it on your social to spread the word and hold yourself accountable for continuing in the effort.”

http://www.whowhatwear.co.uk/illesteva-sunglasses-josephine-skriver-interview

ECodHGG8.jpg