Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

That covers a pretty wide range, so that's pretty hard. At least it depends on what someone means by salty (whether sodium content or just anything not particularly sweet or bland). In the mean time, its easier to list salts on the other hand. Of course, there are a lot of seasoning salts that I like, but are really a combination of other spices mixed with salt and consequently not really a salt itself. I don't really care much for listmaking :Angel: , but here's one off the top of my head, though subject to change.

10. Hawaiian Sea Salt

9. Italian Sea Salt

8. French Salt

7. Pickling Salt

6. Garlic Salt

5. Flower of Salt

4. Carribean Sea Salt

3. Kosher Slat

2. Celtic Sea Salt

1. Sea Salt

:) :ninja:

I had a pound of freshly killed salmon today which was really good indeed. I'm not too picky about all of this, though.

Good call on the pan cooking and I don't necessarily find piranas to be particularly special taste wise in the big scheme of things :ninja: . For me though, something about living off the land for some time makes almost any edible thing you find taste much better than it would otherwise. I think my esteem for samon taste wise might have been somewhat compromised by expectaitons beeing too high. Though to me there are a lot of varieties that taste as good to me, the non farm raised Alaskan kind is super healthy though.

I've heard of that.. not with meat but elsewhere. I've had friends that plant fruits and vegetables in their private gardens, and say that it's better than the material that one could get at the supermarket or a farmer's market. I've eaten their produce, and I do find it a little more 'delicate' but that's about it. I think it has something to do with the fact that the plants are organic, and tend to be smaller. Since there are no external additives, unfortunately a lot of produce is lost by insects, birds, and squirrels.

^I'm with you on them, but don't you like tuna? Pan fried with some coriander. Mwah! post-40981-0-1446013461-43294_thumb.gif

I still prefer salmon :)

post-40981-0-1446013461-48022_thumb.png

I just had it today, in fact.

^Looks like a camembert to me. Bake that bastard in it's box with some olive oil, black pepper and rosemary and scoop it out with the baguette...

I believe these are illegal to import to the USA (along with similar unpasteurized cheeses like brie and chèvre), which is a terrible shame for you. Who'd have thought cheese could be considered more dangerous than firearms?!

I lack certain enzymes that break down milk protein...so I'm probably one of the most ignorant cheese people alive. I simply just don't eat cheese very much. And when I do, it's in very small amounts. So it's not something I'm used to eating at all, and seeing the large selection of cheeses at markets confuse me. I have no taste-memory to comprehend any of it. But I have to say that a lot of cheese is very 'strong' for me, and some types of cheese I've had are rank repulsive.

But I know that it's one of those things that takes getting used to. I know a life-long hindu vegetarian, who only started eating meat recently and he's told me that it's very difficult for him to process and cross that 'taste' barrier. I mean, the whole act of eating animal fat and protein is foreign to him, and the chewing motions & the juices upset his stomach. But I've surmised that it's definitely, at least in part, a psychological response. It's the same with people that can't handle raw fish or the strong, peculiar taste of beef and goat meat but can handle a more neutral meat like chicken and turkey.

As far as foods that are tough for me to handle- sunny-side eggs rank very high. Soft egg volk is repulsive to me!

LOL, I had to really do a double take at my emoticon :laugh::ninja: .

As a vegetable grower and one accustomed to farm life myself, my personal opinion is that some taste the same and others more potent rather than better. For example, mint, cilantro, culantro, basil, rosemary ect. that you grow and pull fresh from a plant that's actually in the ground will smell and taste much more potent than the grocery store versions. They also have a higher percentage of their nutrients due to the fact that they're basically still alive. As to things like potatos ect. its moreso the sense of achomplishment on my end, though I can't speak for everyone else on that. It is however better to get produce with a label of organic, 100% organic, or certified organic from the store than to eat right from a farm that uses artificial pesticides though. I know you said you only like salmon and swordfish, but have you had shark by any chance :ninja: ? I find shark fin to be pretty good although I haven't had a wide range of the cuts though.

I made a Korean burrito and it was so good :pinch: . I liked mine just as much, but this is a picture of a resturrant version prettier or more photogenic at least :ninja: . I hear Koreatown in California has some really good ones.

post-17304-0-1446013462-5044_thumb.jpg