Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

Exactly the same :yes:

Egg tart is also my fave, I prefer cookie-type crust rather than pastry-type, which one do you like? :D :D :D

I guess the last one is barbecue pork bun :)

So you have servers pushing big carts around! That's the tradition, right? :)

I love egg tarts- I can eat all six of them in one sitting. I like both crusts, but the best egg tarts I've had have been soft crusted. I just wish that they were more widely available and I wouldn't need to go into the Chinatown just to get them :p

I really enjoy the puffy sweet beard. There seems to be one with sweet barbecue pork and another with red bean. :D

So, I figure someone here will know.... What on earth is Tappenyaki?! And why are they always serving it with sushi? I have passed like 4 restaurants that advertise "tappenyaki and sushi!"

Have you eaten at Benihana or Japanese grill?

1benihana.jpg

Basically, it's an interactive eating experience. The chef grills Japanese food for you :) Like beef, pork, chicken, noodles, vegetables, seafood, w/ different sauces, etc.

I'd done it a few times, and I've enjoyed it.

No, I haven't been to either of those places :p

So, basically, it's not a specific dish, it's just what they call it when the chef cooks it right in front of you like a show? I think I get it. That's fun :) The closest things I've done to that is YC's Mongolian GRill... :p You make a bowl with all the stuff you want (meat, vegetables, noodles, sauce) and then they take your bowl and cook it on a big round stove-type this with giant chop sticks and move it around in a circle until it's all cooked. Than they use their giant chop stick to swipe it into a new bowl for you :)

like this:

homephoto5.jpg

No, I haven't been to either of those places :p

So, basically, it's not a specific dish, it's just what they call it when the chef cooks it right in front of you like a show? I think I get it. That's fun :) The closest things I've done to that is YC's Mongolian GRill... :p You make a bowl with all the stuff you want (meat, vegetables, noodles, sauce) and then they take your bowl and cook it on a big round stove-type this with giant chop sticks and move it around in a circle until it's all cooked. Than they use their giant chop stick to swipe it into a new bowl for you :)

I've been to Mongolian Grills myself (and enjoy it too :p). The Japanese grill is a more pricey service- the Chefs even do their own show for you (juggling utensils), juggling food, preparing the food in a stylish manner, etc.. The whole affair can last well over an hour :) There's a certain intangible enjoyment to the whole atmosphere that enhances both the food and your dinner partners.

Exactly the same :yes:

Egg tart is also my fave, I prefer cookie-type crust rather than pastry-type, which one do you like? :D :D :D

I guess the last one is barbecue pork bun :)

So you have servers pushing big carts around! That's the tradition, right? :)

I love egg tarts- I can eat all six of them in one sitting. I like both crusts, but the best egg tarts I've had have been soft crusted. I just wish that they were more widely available and I wouldn't need to go into the Chinatown just to get them :p

I really enjoy the puffy sweet beard. There seems to be one with sweet barbecue pork and another with red bean. :D

Well, that is a very traditional serving style but nowadays, most of the chinese restaurants

changed to order forms, we just need to fill in the form for our desired dim sum, they will

deliver the food to your table. ;)

So, I figure someone here will know.... What on earth is Tappenyaki?! And why are they always serving it with sushi? I have passed like 4 restaurants that advertise "tappenyaki and sushi!"

Like what CI said :yes: I think this is only a kind of cooking methods :p

Do you know Kaiseki? This is a very classic multi-course Japanese dinner :)

Well, that is a very traditional serving style but nowadays, most of the chinese restaurants

changed to order forms, we just need to fill in the form for our desired dim sum, they will

deliver the food to your table. ;)

I bought 3 Egg tarts from a bakery yesterday and I have to say that I prefer the "cookie" crust :p

eggtarts252822529.jpg

Like what CI said :yes: I think this is only a kind of cooking methods :p

Do you know Kaiseki? This is a very classic multi-course Japanese dinner :)

I done Kaiseki twice before. I'd love to have this type of dinner again. I had a 11- course in a private room with half a dozen partners. There was also a "Japanese Tea ceremony" included :-p

It was definitely a little awkward...eating on the floor, lol. Especially by the last few courses.. I'm not completely used to it..

Do you understand Japanese tea, Lyon? I..don't fully understand it, lol.

Yes, Kaiseki was traditionally served with Japanese tea ceremony, chanoyu.

Actually Japanese does most of the things on floor (Sleeping and Eating), same as Korean.

But that makes my muscle sore, I'm not used to it as well :p

As for the egg tart, have you ever heard of Pastel de nata?

This is Portuguese style egg tart which is made with pastry crust but a completely different sensation :drool:

You should try it when you get a chance to visit Macau

post-21823-0-1445997440-55331_thumb.jpg

Talk about grill, if you are a loyal fan of it, YOU SHOULD TRY Bulgogi (I think I've mentioned it before).

You can grill any food yourself, I like making my own dish :D :D :D

There are many Korean restaurants here have Bulgogi, it's like $150HKD - $200HKD something

for a period of time unlimited food and drinks, or better say All you can eat right? :p

:chicken:

post-21823-0-1445997441-01069_thumb.jpg

This is Portuguese style egg tart which is made with pastry crust but a completely different sensation :drool:

^These things are little pockets of heaven - I testify, Lyon! :thumbsup:

I was in Lisbon some years ago and polished plates of these off every morning. post-11221-0-1445997442-57679_thumb.gif Good job for my heart and stomach I was only there for a week...

Happy Mid-Autumn :fun:

post-21823-0-1445997443-0808_thumb.jpg

post-21823-0-1445997443-09694_thumb.jpg

What's this? :drool:

The #2 is traditional mooncake, first one is snowy mooncake, looks like mochi no? :p

^These things are little pockets of heaven - I testify, Lyon! :thumbsup:

I was in Lisbon some years ago and polished plates of these off every morning. post-21823-0-1445997443-10466_thumb.gif Good job for my heart and stomach I was only there for a week...

YAY! :ddr: