Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

EDIT:Daydreaming: The Madoff Productions only posted pics of her behind the scenes of the valentines day shoot, which was not new. So I guess its always possible she could be in NY, but the Madoff Productions doesn't place her there :)

Solange: Yes, that is very strange :blink:

Thanks Ox for more GG pics and whatnot :p

No sightings of Leo.......BOOOO!

^tell us what you think shine :)

Oscar 2012 Nomination Predictions: Actor

What Kurt said yesterday about the Best Actress race applies to the Best Actor race in spades, only with a little more direct focus. Instead of covering the gamut of popular Oscar strategies, the two strongest locks in this category are playing variations of the same game: homecoming king. No one is going to say either Brad Pitt or George Clooney stretched their acting muscles to the point of tearing in Moneyball and The Descendants. They're mainly being rewarded for dependability and reasonably mature taste in pet projects, especially in the case of renaissance man Clooney, who at least has the wherewithal to play up his creeping schlubishness—not to mention split an onion in the palm of his hand during The Descendants's emotional high point.

In contrast, Pitt doesn't even break a sweat as Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane, much less shed a tear. If Pitt's performance is ultimately the better of the two, it's also the shallower and easier one. But what does one expect of a homecoming king other than to show up, be the effortless best in the room, and waltz away with everyone's vote? A vote for Pitt says, in essence, we don't need or even want you to "act." Just simply be the shining star you are. Oscar picks truly strange times to atone for ignoring Cary Grant, but even skeptics of Pitt's "magic" insofar as it applies to Moneyball have to at least hand it to the Academy for not forcing Pitt to pile on putty and dodder around as King Lear or Kim Jong-Il before handing over the goods.

Which brings us to Leonardo DiCaprio's tepidly received performance as J. Edgar Hoover in Clint Eastwood's dodgy, maybe ever so slightly senile biopic. There are about as few individual people who seem genuinely enthusiastic about his performance as there were contemporaries who witnessed the real Hoover clutch the pearls while imagining what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would look like in a printed sundress. But with nominations from both the Screen Actors Guild and the Golden Globes, the Eastwood factor, the biopic clause, and the old-age spackle all at play on his behalf, the math will likely just show its own work......

Will Be Nominated: George Clooney, The Descendants, Leonardo DiCaprio, J. Edgar, Jean Dujardin, The Artist, Michael Fassbender, Shame, Brad Pitt, Moneyball

Should Be Nominated: Tom Cullen, Weekend, Michael Fassbender, Shame, Choi Min-sik, I Saw the Devil, Gary Oldman, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Michael Shannon, Take Shelter

http://www.slantmagazine.com/house/2012/01...dictions-actor/

aw thanks for updates girls! :wave:

according to the article you posted kat,Leo doesn't deserve Oscar nom ??? :pinch:

It says that leo is most likely to be nominated, along with brad and george, but he feels there are otheres more deserving than Leo, George and Brad. Which I agree with people more deserving than Brad and George, but not Leo :p

So finally saw Hoover :)

The thing with it was that I felt like the movie was way to similar to a documentary :(

It was like Leo (and some few like Dench) were emotional actors that were stuck in a National Geographic/History Channel infomercial about Hoover..

There were indeed some great elements in the movie, but the overload of information you get completely takes away the feelings you have for J. Edgar and the things he's going through.

After watching it I completly understand J. Edgar only got nominations for Best Actor and not directing or screenplay.

Leo is OUTSTANDING (although the accent -it's right, I know- still distracts me a little) but you can barely see it due to all the things that need to be explained and the flashbacks- and forwards.

Like I said, Leo was great, but I'm a little dissapointed in the movie itself. It ruins Leo's performance in my opinion.

But that's just what I think ;)

Seriously, where is everybody??? post-52055-0-1446082149-55481_thumb.gif

I'm going to start to think that Nanda invite you all in one of her trips around the world and I'm the only one who was left behind.

I would never leave you behind, Princess :hug:... you like to party, as I :laugh:... everybody here together at a party, it would be very interesting :whistle:. I really wanted to be in a trip around the world, but I'm more for busy than for tourist lately <_<.

:ninja: No new picture, no sign of life... where's Leo? Locked? :whistle:

Thanks girls for all news and pics :wave:.

Sic

The Slant writer gave a negative review to Leo's performance as J Edgar and the film , and he takes his reaction to the performance/film , and then proceeds to claim that few were complimentary of his performance which is an untruth as one need only check the reviews of L.A. Times,NY Times, Roger Ebert, EW, and others

according to the article you posted kat,Leo doesn't deserve Oscar nom ???

Kat

Thanks for Oscar article :)

Most long time Oscar bloggers predict Leo will receive a nod ,and I hope they are right. He deserves one !

Solange

Thanks for Mobli links :)

Wijn

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Leo's performance and the film :)

The first time I saw the film I was impressed with Leo's performance , but it took me two viewings for the film to come together for me.

Nanda

I think Leo and Erin have gone off to some secluded spot :p

No new picture, no sign of life... where's Leo? Locked?

Like I said, Leo was great, but I'm a little dissapointed in the movie itself. It ruins Leo's performance in my opinion.

I think the film itself ended all chances of Leo to win prizes... the reviews were very bad :cry:.

Tks wijn for the info.

Some tweets from others , who like many here, are just now having the opportunity to see J Edgar

lukemorton87Luke Morton

Saw J.Edgar last night. Good film. Quite slow moving in parts but it's deffo worth a watch! Another great performance by DiCaprio

29 minutes ago

CultofYouthMark JL Grennan

My man Leo Dicaprio delivers again #JEdgar

23 minutes ago

FastfoxyladyJayne Mann

Just back from the cinema. Saw J Edgar first. Brilliant acting by DiCaprio and very interesting story

10 minutes ago

Josh_WildingJosh Wilding

>characters and events not getting anywhere near enough screen time. DiCaprio was excellent though and his performance elevated it.

36 minutes ago

TCareddaTommy Caredda

#JEdgar was a pretty good film! #DiCaprio needs an Oscar soon..........

37 minutes ago

MistryiousJay Mistry

Can't fault DiCaprio's performance in #JEdgar whatsoever, but Eastwood has made better films. Still worth a watch tho.

1 minute ago

Wijn

Thanks for Calgary /ski resort article :)

It's funny how they give Leo the credit even though it was probably Nolan who selected the site . I guess they knew , like us Leo fans, mention Leo , and the news will spread like fire

Nanda

Yes, typically the Academy likes the BP /BA match , and this year only DuJardin . George , Brad will ,also, have a BP film.

Leo was great, but I'm a little dissapointed in the movie itself. It ruins Leo's performance in my opinion.

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth with that one, incredible acting by Leo & Armie but were let down by a movie... in my honest opinion too? (I hope I don't get shot for this!) I don't think he would win an Oscar with this one, in no way saying his acting was bad but I think the movie let him down too much. Nomination, sure but not a win. He could surprise me though and prove me wrong :laugh:

My friend, the non-Leo fan thought it was all good though! So I suppose it's down to personal choice :) (and she kind of fell in love with Armie during the movie too!)

I would go see it again if it was closer, to try and gather up a bit more of the story but shan't be seeing it again until the DVD! Getting there was hell today :laugh:

Hope everyone's had a good day, and thank you for the updates :D

My opinion on whether Leo will be nominated or not. I must say that has changed since the beginning of the awards season until now. Final Word: I don't care! since I know now for sure that George will win.

I can't speak properly about J Edgar, since for sure, it will take time before the film is appears in theaters here in Vzla.

but I'm pretty sure that his performance was impressive and shiny. All critics have mentioned and it must be so otherwise I don't think that he had been nominated for awards like Golden globes and BFCA. That all this was overshadowed by a terrible film, and maybe can ruin his chance of getting an Oscar nomination... Also Would be great to see him nominated, honestly stopped caring since Freaking George will win!!!

Only disappointed me that the Academy will miss another opportunity to recognize the truly best performances of this year, and not the one who whored himself to be awarded.

Without any doubt and without Oscar or not, the boy will remain like The best actor of his generation. The other actors in that category, only could wish to have a film career like his. Most of his films have been considered the best movies of their respective years: Titanic, Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed. Also has worked with the best Directors of the showbiz: Spielberg, Cameron, Scorsese, Eastwood and now, Tarantino Almighty.

So there will not be burned TVs or anything like that for me the day of nominations , or the day of the Oscar. :p

Another J Edgar tweet. This first guy sounds like us watching the award shows :p

prithwish_Prithwish Ganguly

Just saw J. Edgar Hoover. Sketchy job by Clint Eastwood but Leonardo DiCaprio fabulous. Quite an underrated actor at awards

59 minutes ago

ppr_istonlinePhilipp Pratte

"J. Edgar", not Clint Eastwood's best film is also not a complete disappointment. This is thanks to Leonardo DiCaprio.

21 minutes ago

Shine

Glad you got to see J Edgar ! :)

Thanks for your thoughts on film.

Like Wijn, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the film once the dvd comes out, and you are able to see the film a 2nd time .

ByPrincess

Are you sure ? Wasn't that you I saw stocking up on bullets at gun store yesterday ??? :p

So there will not be burned TVs or anything like that for me the day of nominations , or the day of the Oscar

I've only seen George and Brad's performance versus Leo's , and IMO, the lifting Leo had to do for his role is miles beyond what Brad or George had to do .

I think his performance is worthy of an Oscar nod, and I hope to hear his name called early Tuesday morning :)

Conspiracy Theory

Ok... I have noticed the absence of Fash. Leo has been lost since the Golden Globes, as also she... post-51835-0-1446082150-89653_thumb.gif

OMG All this time I've been worrying about Shine and 'Daydreaming5' and she was the real enemy :o

Seriously girl where are you??? :laugh: ...No, Seriously, where are you??? :mad:

Conspiracy Theory

Ok... I have noticed the absence of Fash. Leo has been lost since the Golden Globes, as also she... post-45431-0-1446082151-62788_thumb.gif

OMG All this time I've been worrying about Shine and 'Daydreaming5' and she was the real enemy :o

Seriously girl where are you??? :laugh: ...No, Seriously, where are you??? :mad:

:laugh: :laugh: we were decoys!

but yes, I wonder where she is hiiiiding :(