Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

McKay continues to for the most part to film the movie in chronological order.  Last week we saw Randy(Leo), Kate (Jen), Quentin (Timothy) driving  on the highway toward Randy's home.  

Yesterday they filmed the scene where the trio stop at store to pick up some items along the way

Barbie

A great photo for sure :heart: 

Kate (Winslet) talking for a glimpse about Leo in this recent interview but still worth to post because it's interesting what she said:

Kirby: Kate, can I ask what it was like being so young in “Titanic”? Did it like blow your mind after it came out and you realized that that many people were watching you in the cinema? Did you know at the time when you were making it —

Winslet: I didn’t. I was playing an American for the first time. And working with Leo, who I’d seen in "[What’s Eating] Gilbert Grape” and “Basketball Diaries.” So it was like, “Oh, my God, I’m Kate from Reading.” I was the overweight girl who would always be at the end of the line. And because my name was a W, sometimes I wouldn’t even get in the door of the audition because they’d run out of time before the Ws. And I was in “Titanic.” It’s mad.

Jones: How were you smart enough to know, even with all of that pressure and then getting hit with all of that fame, how did you know to back off and not take the big paychecks? You were so young. How did you know to shoot for longevity?

Winslet: The honest answer is I was scared of Hollywood. A big, scary place, where everyone had to be thin and look a certain way. And I knew that I did not look that way or feel like I fit there, so if I was ever going to belong, I had to earn my place. And to me, I hadn’t earned it. “Titanic” might have been a fluke. I had done “Heavenly Creatures.” I had done “Sense and Sensibility,” which I was nominated for an Academy Award for at the age of 19, but still I had this feeling of “maybe that was just luck.” When I became a mother at 25, all of that stuff evaporated completely. Then two years after she was born, I was asked to do “Eternal Sunshine [of the Spotless Mind].” I do believe that was a huge turning point in my career, because from then on people suddenly went, “Oh, she can do that?!”

Source

Article about yesterday's filming  and some pix ,  looks like most are same ones posted above 

Jade, the 3 people in first photo you posted are actors' 'standins' = that is not Leo, Jen, or Timothy 

https://www.metrowestdailynews.com/story/news/2021/02/10/framingham-dont-look-up-filming-continues-for-netflix-series/6707240002/

9e638399-a9f2-47f9-bee2-9318c7eb5115-6707240002_FRA_movie11.jpg 018efd59-3124-4c5c-a808-f9b5261d606b-6707240002_FRA_movie5 (1).jpg 018efd59-3124-4c5c-a808-f9b5261d606b-6707240002_FRA_movie5.jpg b7240e55-0b58-4992-8743-74732ab3f224-6707240002_FRA_movie9.jpg

Jade

Tks for Look filming pix , great older pix ,  as well as, Kate interview  :flower:

Guys, I got a very sad news - leonardo-dicaprio.net is suspended. It was the last an invaluable reservoir of Leo pics (many in HQ), so sad the Leo galleries close one by one. But I understand, owners just have no money😞

Great news they have announced the casting of the actress who will play Mollie Burkhart opposite Leo's Ernest Burkhardt in Killer of the Flower Moon

Now we just need the casting of Tom White

Lily Gladstone is set to star in Apple Original Films’ Killers of the Flower Moon. Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro also are attached to star in the pic with Martin Scorsese directing. Based on David Grann’s praised best-seller and set in 1920s Oklahoma, Killers of the Flower Moon depicts the serial murder of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation, a string of brutal crimes that came to be known as the Reign of Terror.

Gladstone will play Mollie Burkhart, an Osage married to Ernest Burkhart (DiCaprio), who is nephew of a powerful local rancher (De Niro). Scorsese also will produce for Apple Studios and Imperative Entertainment from a screenplay by Eric Roth. Producing alongside Scorsese are Imperative’s Dan Friedkin and Bradley Thomas, and Appian Way Productions.

AP17056728116423-e1613067155876.jpg

More info about Lilly

Lily Gladstone, a native actress known for roles in “Billions” and Kelly Reichardt’s “First Cow” and “Certain Women,” has joined the cast of Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon.”

Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro star in the film that’s set at Apple, and Gladstone will portray Mollie Burkhart, an Osage native woman married to the nephew of a powerful local rancher.

Killers of the Flower Moon” is based on David Grann’s book of the same name and is set in 1920s Oklahoma. The film depicts the serial murder of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation, a string of brutal crimes that came to be known as the Reign of Terror.

Lily Gladstone was raised on the Blackfeet Reservation in Northwestern Montana and comes from the Kainai (Blood), Amskapi Piikani (Blackfeet), and Niimiipuu (Nez Perce) Tribal Nations.

Scorsese produces and directs “Killers of the Flower Moon

Remember the recent documentation "Leonardo DiCaprio: Most Wanted"? The german director Henrike Sandner is now talking about it and how impossible it is not only to get an interview with Leo but someone he worked with after 1998. It's really interesting how the system works in Hollywood for him. She said Leo has built a wall of lawyers and agents around him to protect him and his image and to make every colleagues shut down.

Here are the most interesting parts via google translator ;)

„Leonardo DiCaprio: Most Wanted!“: Dissection of a solar system

Henrike Sandner im Gespräch mit Patrick Wellinski

(...)

Lawyers and agents for the image

Sandner: As he says himself, he doesn't value his image at all. However, the film critic Katja Nicodemus, who I also have in my film, put it the other way round: She says very nicely: But his image is very much interested in him. That's exactly the point. Before “Titanic” he actually tried not to be interested in his image. Then he realized that after “Titanic” he must be interested in it. He has to create a set of rules and a control in order not to go under, because a person who is in public like this can also be torn apart.

He didn't want to create any more points of attack. He's got an armada of people around him who are kind of protecting him, I would say - lawyers, a whole armada of agents too; a protective wall that he pays for. That is still the case today. So of course you don't even get him for an interview yourself. But this is now common in Hollywood, and it is no exception - that these people try to protect themselves from this outside view: they decide what one should see of them.

This "Don’s Plum" film that you are alluding to is not banned in Europe. As far as I know, he only managed it for the US and Canada. But in Europe you can see the film and buy it on DVD. If I'm not mistaken, it even premiered at the Berlinale in 2001. Access is not possible for him worldwide, but he banned this film because it damaged his image.

If you watch this film, it's just a bunch of young people who meet at such a dingy diner where misogynistic sayings are made - and he's incredibly unsympathetic in that role, but it's a role. But he saw that there was also a lot of Leonardo in this role, and that could be misunderstood. That's why he wanted to ban this film with great vehemence and he managed to do it.

Control over the system

Wellinski: You already mentioned how difficult it is to get hold of him yourself, so you didn't interview him for your documentary. Something that was clear to you from the start, or have you tried it?

Sandner: Of course we tried it, the production company, although it was almost clear to us that it wouldn't work. I mean, he has a German mother, he also has relatives living in Germany, but it hasn’t been the case that we have said that we absolutely have to catch someone through the back door, because basically this management takes - this belt on people who protect him - very, very bad too.

Actually, all inquiries go, regardless of whether you ask a great director like Baz Luhrmann or someone else who works with him, or Scorsese, all inquiries go through the table with him. It was also very interesting that no one who worked with him after 1998, that is after the incredible success of “Titanic”, got permission to do an interview with us.

It was of course very difficult to make this film, but on the other hand we also became aware of that, we only get people who were in contact with him before 1998, because he wasn't able to control this system that much and want.

(...)

Full interview