Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Lilja K

As always, thanks for the fashion updates.

I posted about this on my TikTok account and thought someone here might be interested in it.  It's not the Osage tribe, but this weekend is the National Cherokee Holiday which commemorates the signing of the Cherokee constitution. Most everything is being done virtually this year. (I've never been to a virtual pow wow before.) One of the activities being offered here in Tahlequah, Oklahoma (capital of Cherokee Nation) are Drive-In movie nights featuring films in Cherokee and about Cherokees. Again, it's not the Osage tribe, but these films can give you a closer look at Native Americans in Oklahoma if that is something you are interested in leading up to the Leo/Scorsese movie.

Yes. This is me in the video. Hello. I'm the face behind the posts. 🙂

Sugarwater

Tks for informative video about Native Americans in Oklahoma :) 

LiljaK

Tks for fashion IG posts :) 

Barbie

Tks for Once actress IG post,  it was interesting to learn that Leo had improvised his comments to her :) 

Jade & Barbie

Tks for more great Leo /IG pix  as some are new to me :) 

Yes, Barbie ,  Leo looks so young in the Aviator photo 

Thanks so much everyone for posting! 

Thanks Sugarwater for sharing your tiktok videos and pics and I'd like to add, very beautiful eyes! Also, thanks for the pics of Leo with kids. Those are really cute and sweet :wub6yh2cm:!

Thanks Barbie, Lilja and Jade for the additional Leo posts, and he's so damn handsome! I know that actress jumped out of her skin when he suddenly yelled in that scene with improvising.  

Very nice tribute to Leo

A Tribute to Leonardo DiCaprio: The Generation Defining Thespian & Hollywood Legend

No one actor brings more excitement from both audiences and critics alike than the once in a lifetime Leonardo DiCaprio. You cannot deny it. Unlike many actors who’ve appeared in blockbuster franchises or series,‌ DiCaprio has been noted for never appearing in such types of films in order to attain success, instead relying solely on his acting chops through riskier independent films. The Hollywood Reporter put it this way: “Leo is the franchise.” Well said.

So why does he stand out? He doesn’t do method acting, nor does he appear in massive films with large markets. What mysterious gift does he hold that no one person has come close to matching? We never seem to figure it out, but at least here are some observations as to why Leo is the defining talent of an entire generation. 

Dedication is the Name of the Game

Simply put, DiCaprio has a command on the screen that forces you to keep your eyes on him. And as witnessed by many who have worked with him, he puts in hours of study for every role. Though he technically isn’t a method actor (more on that later) he puts in the work necessary to churn out masterful performances. His dedication is shown through his desire to focus on one film at a time. In a world where we see actors put out two, three, and on a rare occasion four movies in a single year, Leo tends to spread it out, especially during the course of this most recent decade. From 2011-2019, he appeared in six films. It may not appear like a crazy tool to acting, but giving yourself to a project is a must, and Leo gets that better than most. Just ask how much he enjoyed The Revenant.

Survival of the Fittest: Adapting is Key

DiCaprio’s wide range of roles is apparent. But it’s the way he transitions into each one almost seamlessly that is mesmerizing. Watching his performances you can tell he isn’t what anyone would call a “method” actor. In fact, he breaks character after every cut, changing into his role at the snap of a thumb.

We hold an almost mystical respect for those who are the classic method actors (Daniel Day-Lewis and Marlon Brando come to mind), but DiCaprio shapes himself during each scene without any real work. His ability to instantly become a mentally deranged man, a loner tycoon, or a wolf of wall street is, to me, more impressive than those who go over the top in the name of acting. I love actors who truly take it seriously, but sometimes I hear stories and think, “Isn’t acting supposed to be just that?” Watching Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood showcased the rare prowess of DiCaprio’s presence on screen. During the scene where his character is playing the villain of a new western series, DiCaprio takes a man through a roller coaster of emotions and dynamics in just under eighteen minutes. 

Rick F***ing Dalton.” That moment of catharsis for Rick Dalton was the crown jewel of arguably the finest eighteen minutes of acting I’ve seen. Knowing that DiCaprio just did it, no hardcore prep or legendary stories (The Revenant is about the closest he’s come to “method”), but just played his part when someone said “Action.” Then to come back to reality after the scene ends is the true showcase of a great actor.  

The Last of a Dying Breed?

Leo represents a certain type of actor: the Hollywood Star. And no, I don’t mean those action stars or franchise celebs we love to follow. I mean the kind of actor who, with each film, draws everyone to see what greatness will be presented to them. Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Humphrey Bogart…the list goes on and on. The actors who could go from one role to another with a smile and ease of talent. When you see their name on a trailer or poster, you go to that film because they are in it. Not because of the title or legacy the film is tied to. No, that actor and that alone. When I see a DiCaprio film, I see it because he’s in it, and most days that’s the only reason I do. 

Leo is classy and public, staying away from the drama but letting people take his photo and attending the events because that is what’s asked of leading actors. DiCaprio neither falls into the traps of fame nor tries to be a rebel. He walks the fine line of the occupation, demanding respect and awe with each performance, letting his films do the talking. While some of the great actors we see today like Christian Bale and Joaquin Phoenix are just as jaw-dropping at times, they fall into that hardcore method actor who bucks the trend or falls prey to some of the casualties actors face when in Hollywood.

DiCaprio has found the key to perfectly balancing his fame and fortune with class, respect, and privacy in a way that adds to his legacy as an actor

.https://www.hollywoodinsider.com/tribute-to-leonardo-dicaprio-legend/