Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

3 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Is it really Leo who made those money decisions and not the people who are running his foundations?

Yeah, now IDK... because his foundation changed. Still, I'am sure he have a voice and after all he's the one using his image to raise awareness, he's the image of the foundation. 

Apparently some artist will present some form ( candle ?) of Leo's face next week

Urs Fischer’s next solo show at Gagosian gallery in Paris, which opens in two weeks, carries a one-word, three-letter title: “Leo.” A source close to the gallery tells ARTnews that the Leo in question is none other than the actor, environmentalist, and noted art collector Leonardo DiCaprio.

Sculptural portraits have been a major part of Fischer’s practice for many years now, and he has depicted as wax candles a cast of characters that includes artist Julian Schnabel, collectors Peter Brant and Dasha Zhukova (for a show titled, simply, “Dasha”), and art dealer Bruno Bischofberger with his wife Yoyo. The source says that the DiCaprio piece is most likely a candle, but that is not definite. (A rep for Gagosian, for the record, has not confirmed the DiCaprio reference, and Fischer could not immediately be reached.)

Fischer, who is 46, is best known for beguiling sculptures that take a formidable array of forms, from shiny mirrored cubes printed with various images, to a house made of baguettes, to a giant clay sculpture of Katy Perry that viewers were allowed to touch and rework when it was displayed in a pop-up space in Manhattan.

http://www.artnews.com/2019/10/01/leonardo-dicaprio-urs-fischer-paris/

A video that goes along with NY pix from yesterday

https://scanpix.no/spWebApp/preview/video/tdcefeed

Barbie

Tks for vid , that was one of my fave scenes as well from Once :heart: 

According to poster ( a Weeknd fan )  this pix of Leo at dinner in NY with  The Weeknd (we see smiling across from Leo ) & Timothee  Chalamet (sitting to right of Leo )  & others was taken Sept 30th 

Another article about the upcoming "Leo" art show which shows some of this artist's previous works

2019-10-02 (5).png

https://www.papermag.com/urs-fischer-leonardo-dicaprio-paris-2640818745.html

Sighting of Leo at political fundraiser for Pete Buttigieg    in  LA Tuesday night

To kick-off the next fundraising period, Buttigieg was back on Tuesday in Los Angeles. He’s been able to draw a significant chunk of support from prominent showbiz figures.

On Tuesday evening, he headlined a fundraiser at the home of Michael Kives, founder of the investment advisory firm K5 Global, and his wife Lydia, a civil rights lawyer. DiCaprio and Hilton were among the guests, and a source said that other attendees included Glenn Close and Ashton Kutcher. Co-hosts included MGM’s Jonathan Glickman and writer Christy Callahan; CAA’s Richard Lovett; and Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom.

Enrico_sw

Welcome  :wave:

I'm a fan of SI as well.   My other fave  Leo/Marty movies are :  The Departed, Aviator , Wolf of Wall Street  

Hi Enrico_sw:flower:. I had to re-watch it the third time to finally appreciate the film and all the performances. The first time I went ‘this is trying too hard’, so I rewatched to get the full nuance of it, especially Leo’s performance! 

Thanks ox for the Leo sighting!