Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

New investment for Leo. Sounds a bit unlike what he normally invests in:

Actor Leonardo DiCaprio is adding another company to his small but growing portfolio of venture investments, taking a stake in a wonky recommendation-software company called Qloo. The new investment is something of a departure for DiCaprio, who has tended to favor eco-friendly start-ups such as Rubicon, a trash-collecting business, or social-entrepreneurship ventures such as beverage company Runa.

New York–based Qloo is all about using algorithms, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to help companies sell stuff to their customers. In other words, it is exactly the kind of investment Sand Hill Road loves. (TechCrunch’s CrunchBase lists more than 600 artificial-intelligence start-ups.) And it is entirely unlike most other start-ups DiCaprio has backed, such as Diamond Foundry, which specializes in sustainable, conflict-free diamond production, or Zuli, a maker of an energy-saving “smart plug,” which the actor funded last year.

C.E.O. and founder Alex Elias told the Hive that DiCaprio’s investment can better help Qloo understand the needs of the entertainment and media industry. The company, which uses machine learning to help predict consumer taste, could provide movie producers with data to help with everything from casting to promoting films. The Revenant star “saw the potential and the market need within the entertainment space,” Elias said. DiCaprio is just one of many investors who are part of a new $4.5 million fundraising round. (Elias declined to disclose the company’s new valuation.) Other boldface names who participated in the recent round include Starwood Capital founder Barry Sternlicht and real-estate tycoon and art collectorAby Rosen. Earlier rounds attracted an assortment of institutional and individual investors, including comic Cedric the Entertainer and Danny Masterson—the actor from That ’70s Show who isn’t Ashton Kutcher.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/how-leonardo-dicaprio-is-trying-to-disrupt-hollywood-qloo

Leo was at the club last night:

LEONARDO DICAPRIO & I ARE AT THE SAME CLUB RIGHT NOW

gotta love when your friends are at the same club as Leonardo DiCaprio in NYC & you're in bed before midnight at your parents' house Upside-down face.pngUpside-down face.pngUpside-down face.pngUpside-down face.png

and were at the same club as Leonardo DiCaprio last night. I'm doing it wrong honestly

Just wanted to add that someone asked the poster what day this pix taken June 15th , and she said  "the other day" , so it  must have been taken sometime this week , and is not new one of Leo at Art Basel in Switzerland :D

33.jpg

Barbie

Tks for larger versions of Leo/Crow's Nest pix :smile:

Calibi & Jade

Tks for older pix that I  hadn't seen before , as well as, information as to when it was taken :smile:

Kat

Tks for news of new startup investment that Leo is involved in,  as well as,  NY club tweets definitely letting us know Leo is STILL in NY :p 

From Daily Mail new pix of Leo out yesterday with friends

3556B31F00000578-0-image-a-21_1466073293673.jpg

3556A74400000578-3644612-image-a-35_1466075956925.jpg 3556ADC500000578-3644612-image-a-34_1466075948156.jpg

Barbie

Nice to see the bigger version of  Goldberg bagel pix ,  as well as, video  :smile:

I've wondered if the girl who actually took that first collage set of Goldberg pix ever Informed sites that used them like People that they were her pix 

Calibi

Tks for Leo/Two Hands video ; seems like everyone was getting their Leo pix /vid while he was there :p

The guy looks like Orlando Bloom but I don't think its him :p

Also notice in the latest candids plus the candids with Nina Leo is smoking a real cigarette. Too bad Leo. Vaping isn't good for you either, and wish he wouldn't do either, but the nicotine in the cigarettes is baaddd :/:beating:

Kat

I agree in the first pix below of Leo and Orlando, lighten the hair , and it does look like Orlando

Whereas , with the change in Orlando's hairstyle not as much  :p

leonardodicapriocheered.jpg amfar2016.jpg

As to Leo's cig in Montauk pix , it looks like his e cig to me ( I can see the green glow at end )  as I can't imagine after being off of regular cigs now for almost 4 years he'd go back to them

However, I could be wrong :p 

Cute InStyle article with lastest NY pix

061616-leonardo-dicaprio-friends.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio Looks Happy as Can Be Hanging with His Bros

With an Oscar under his belt and no major movie roles in sight, Leonardo DiCaprio is enjoying some much-deserved downtime. From vacationing in the Hamptons and riding around Manhattan on Citi Bikes to shopping, the actor is having a great start to his summer, and yesterday was no different.

The actor was spotted palling around with his friends in New York City's East Village neighborhood, and your Boo Boo looked handsome as per usual

For the outing, DiCaprio went causal wearing a light gray polo shirt and khaki cargo shorts, which he paired with his go-to newsboy cap and a pair of navy slip-on sneakers. He shaded his eyes from the sun with a pair of dark-rimmed sunglasses. 

Judging from the big grin on his face, he was having a great day. But let's be real: When you're Leonardo DiCaprio it's hard not to be happy as a clam. 

From Hollywood Reporter : Judge Orders Leonardo DiCaprio to Give Deposition in 'Wolf of Wall Street' Lawsuit

Looking at the judge involved , looks like it will take place in New York  

Arguments that his testimony only serves as harassment and coercion are overruled at a hearing.

Leonardo DiCaprio can't dodge giving testimony in a lawsuit brought by former Stratton Oakmont executive Andrew Greene over his alleged depiction in Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street.

At a hearing today, United States magistrate judge Steven Locke in New York granted Greene's motion to compel a deposition.

Greene is suing producers including Paramount Pictures, Red Granite Pictures, DiCaprio's Appian Way Productions and Sikelia Productions over the character of Nicky "Rugrat" Koskoff, played by actor P.J. Byrne, who wore a toupee and was the subject of the movie line, "Swear to God, I want to choke him to death."

The plaintiff claims that the film changed his nickname from "Wigwam" to "Rugrat," but spread untruths about him and damaged his reputation to the tune of $15 million. A judge rejected claims, but allowed Greene to amend and assert that the filmmakers maliciously libeled him.

In attempting to shield DiCaprio from being deposed, defendants argued that Scorsese and screenwriter Terence Winter had already given testimony, and that plaintiffs failed to give any reason why they needed to question DiCaprio as well since he didn't write the screenplay nor acted the "Rugrat" part. Judge Locke was told that efforts to question him had "earmarks of the intentional infliction of burden" and Greene's lawyers wanted "to coerce an outcome that is not based upon the merits of the case."

Nevertheless, the judge is allowing Greene to make DiCaprio the third one on defendants' side allowed to be deposed, and as mentioned in our earlier story, his testimony — which may cover Appian Way's early involvement on the film — will happen as federal authorities are investigating the source of money that Red Granite used to fund Wolf of Wall Street. If questions towards DiCaprio aren't deemed relevant by his lawyers, the magistrate judge may be called in again to determine the scope of the interrogation.