Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

7 hours ago, LuckyGirl said:

Maybe Im the luckiest one in this forum so far cuz i had the chance to see The Revenant yesterday (it opened yesterday in my country) and I will go see it twice , we usually go to Leo movies 3 times :56608abdc37de_rhythmisadancer::irenistiQ: :woohoo:i gotta say it was sooo  CAPTIVATING :thumbs_up: everything was perfect and Leo did a magnificent work , the bear sequence was so realistic and the scene where Glass and the native american man stick their tongues out was a very cute sequence , Leo looked like a cutie pie :wub: so i can see why on instagram many people post pictures from this scene , but for those who can't handle blood and brutality i can say that they wont enjoy the film its not the kind of movie or them but i have no problem with gory stuff. The film was EPIC and i hope everyone of you enjoy it as i did:thumbsup:

You are indeed lucky... where are you from? 

Grace Dove about Leo.

Ms. Dove, who plays DiCaprio’s wife in The Revenant, says she tried to go to work without having too many preconceived conceptions about Leonardo. In spite of that, the actress says she couldn’t help but think about the actor’s multifaceted reputation and how beloved he was by millions of fans. As she later found out, his reputation was well deserved.

“I went in there not having too many expectations and I walked out the movie just like, ‘Oh! he’s really a wonderful guy, inside and out.'”

more good news. revenanr is reqlly doing well at the box office. this is from deadline:

2ND UPDATE, Friday 1:08PM: Alejandro Inarritu’s western The Revenant is exploding with current predictions currently at a $33M-$35M three-day wide opening. Some non-Fox distrib chiefs even project that The Revenant could go much higher. Either way, this would be a solid start for the New Regency film which carries a $135M budget. Revenant, which 20th Century Fox is handling for a fee, is force awakens 19still expected to slot second behind the all-powerful Star Wars: The Force Awakens which is looking to do $45M-$50M in No. 1. At that pace, Force Awakens will cross the eight-century mark on Saturday. Episode VII is being held at 4,134 venues in its fourth frame.

The word of mouth on Revenant is already huge with 85% of all moviegoers telling Rentrak’s PostTrak that it’s very good or excellent.  In addition, 82% of the audience report that they know at least five people who will go watch the Inarritu film. Also per PostTrak, 33% of those watching Revenant are DiCaprio fans, which on the pollster’s meter is huge for an actor; rarely seen on the bigger tentpoles.  While DiCaprio’s highest opening belongs to 2010’s Inception at $62M, his biggest three-day debut during the winter months is Shutter Island which grossed $41M in February 2010. Revenant is expected to win Friday with $13M-$14M, while Force Awakens will come in behind with a $13M+ gross today.

Will Poulter about Leo:

They say don’t meet your heroes, but after my experience with Leo, I don’t believe in that anymore. I’m so grateful, working with him and getting to got know him surpassed all my expectations better than I could have ever imagined.

From Deadline latest Revenant box office,  if estimates are correct , it won the Friday box office  :excited::excited:

3RD UPDATE, Friday 11:36PM: It’s a duel between Leonardo DiCaprio and the Jedis, and while 20th Century Fox’s The Revenant is winning Friday with $14M-$14.6M to Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ $10.4M-$11.3M, it’s a staring contest between them for No. 1, with each showing a 3-day in the $37M-$39M vicinity.

Let’s start with The Revenant, financed largely by New Regency: It’s bound to blow away its intial $20M-$22M projections by over 70% and a B+ CinemaScore. That’s a fantastic start for a film that carries a $135M estimated production cost before P&A and it’s a great grade—better than previous DiCaprio R-rated fare such as The Wolf of Wall Street (C, $116.9M final domestic) and Shutter Island (C+, $128M) which respectively legged out their openings to final multiples of 6.4x  and 3.1x. Industry insiders think Shutter Island is the better comparison here as it didn’t open over Christmas, unlike Wolf which reaped a bulk of its biz from holiday turnstiles

Since racking up $2.3M in Thursday previews, The Revenant has been lighting up its showtimes throughout Friday . Insiders say that it’s drawing not just the intelligentsia and cineaste crowds, but those who don’t frequently go to the movies. We’re hearing there’s a 53% to 47% male-female split, as well as a heavy over-25 crowd. The under 25 set at 20% gave it an A- CinemaScore. The number one reason for watching the bloody frontiersmen film? 75% of the CinemaScore crowd cited ‘actor,’ which some believe accounts for DiCaprio and Tom Hardy combined. Many awards prognosticators are not only betting that DiCaprio wins the Golden Globe for best drama actor on Sunday, but they think it’s his year at the Oscars as well. Revenant also has Globe noms for best drama, director and best score.