Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Sabina mentioned that last night was her last night in St Barts. Im actually looking forward to him coming back and continuing where he left off :)

Also now she has a vid of herself on what looks like a plane with Reza and co, so i believe Leo is with them. :) As i dont think he'd leave without Reza because hes a friend but he also serves as a bodyguard.

Central Ohio Film critics announced their nominations

Best Actor

-Matt Damon, The Martian
-Johnny Depp, Black Mass
-Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
-Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs
-Jacob Tremblay, Room

in regards to the other Revenant stuff.... The Revenant got  BP nom, Hardy got SA, Alejandro got BD and the film got nominated for Best Editing and Best Cinematography

National Society of Film Critics announced their winners and Michael B Jordan won Best Actor.

4 hours ago, FashionDream said:

New January 2016 cover, dont remember seeing this on here. (unless it was posted in a link and i missed it or something) Looks like German, i guess you see this mag where you live Jade?

image.jpeg

Yes, it has a review inside the magazine about "The Revenant" and they absolutely loved the movie ;)

Love this one (it's from the same tumblr source as the other one posted by Leo lover):

N9SoeXHa.png

:heart:

Welcome lakemeader :flower:

Thx all for the updates!!!

A bit more detailed about Revenants box office success ;)

Fox’s The Revenant, directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu, remained a powerhouse in its second straight week. Still in just four theaters, the feature starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy and Domhnall Gleeson grossed $450K, bringing its two-week cume to $1,322,519. The weekend’s PTA of $112,500 is the third-best of any 2015 release, down just 5.4%% from the pic’s Christmas weekend opening average of $118,640 which was 2015’s 2nd-highest PTA behind Steve Jobs’ $130,381 opening PTA. The Revenant‘s second weekend average was also higher the opening numbers for Iñárritu’s Oscar Best Picture winner Birdman, which launched in October 2014 in 4 theaters, grossing just over $424K for a $106,099 average. Fox will expand The Revenant to 2,700-plus locations January 8.

Source

And a new interview with Leo :)

Q&A: Leonardo DiCaprio talks about suffering for his art

By COLIN COVERT Star Tribune (Minneapolis)

Leonardo DiCaprio, now approaching a quarter-century as a movie major leaguer, redefines film stardom, demonstrating a willingness to challenge himself that few of his counterparts can equal. In romance, drama, comedy and science fiction, he radiates heavyweight acting talent combined with megastar cool.

Swinging from role to role like Tarzan on a vine, he has never risked a free-fall like he faced in the artistically risky and physically dangerous "The Revenant."

In this savage epic of survival, DiCaprio plays Hugh Glass, a real-life 1820s frontier guide left for dead by fellow explorers after he was mauled by a bear. With a broken leg and open wounds, the vengeful, nearly silent character hunts down the expedition members who abandoned him. He repeatedly crosses paths with Indian tribes seeking to take their own revenge against the settlers who imposed pain and suffering on them.

Traversing freezing rivers and icy wilderness, gnawing raw flesh and facing physical danger were not just shocking episodes in the film but perilous ordeals of DiCaprio's performance.

In a recent phone conversation he explained how, during a grueling nine-month shoot in frigid tracts of Canada and Argentina, he literally suffered for his art.

Q: This film production has been described as one of the most difficult in the industry's history. Temperatures at some locations in the Canadian Rockies reached 40 below. What's the benefit of taking part in such a harrowing project?

A: It makes you conscious of what these men really had to do, living in these harsh elements. And you think of people who live without power, electricity or water around the world. You can't complain too much that you're re-enacting the story of Hugh Glass with the help of an entire crew, and a team of people around you to make sure you're safe and ultimately warm.

As far as making movies is concerned, I think this was definitely the most difficult movie for, I think, everyone involved unanimously. (Director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, who won three Oscars last year for "Birdman," said the filming "almost killed me.")

Q: How do you keep the focus of your acting mind-set in place when you're exposed to punishing conditions like that?

A: Well, I haven't been on a movie set since! The thing that was hardest for all of us to deal with was the subzero temperatures, the cold. It was a constant struggle for everyone to stay warm. Especially when you're out there all day and you're in period gear and all the actors needed to stay conscious about not getting hypothermia. That was your main challenge.

Q: It must also be a tremendous acting challenge. You've never played a role this dialogue-free. What is it about a role that depends on the expressive power of your eyes and your face and your gestures that draws you to accept it?

A: I've always been a fan of silent cinema. It's always interesting to watch actors work without the ability to articulate what they're feeling. I have played so many characters that are talkative and vocal, from J. Edgar Hoover to Howard Hughes - certainly the real-life ones - getting their viewpoint across with words.

As much as was written in the script, I tried to scale it down even more so. I wanted it to be an almost silent performance, because whenever Hugh Glass (whose throat was slashed in his bear attack) said something out loud, it had to have meaning and it had to have a purpose. He was essentially a character who had to disappear in a harsh landscape in order to survive. He had to use his words very sparingly.

One of the key motivations for me, besides acting for Alejandro, was to try to give a performance that was reactive and based on instinctive responses to what the surroundings were. That meant a lot of preparation beforehand (such as learning how to load and fire flintlock rifles) but forgetting everything once you arrive on set and just being in the moment.

Q: Frederick Manfred wrote the book "Lord Grizzly" about Glass in 1954. Part of his research was to physically crawl for miles as the wounded man did. What was the research process you followed to capture this character?

A: This is based on a novel about Glass (Michael Punke's 2002 biographic drama "The Revenant") but there's little that's historically known about what really happened. To me it's almost like a triumphant short story of the American frontier - what the new American was at that time and what it took not only to survive in nature but conquer nature. In a lot of ways it represented the pre-Industrial Revolution idea of being able to take over nature.

Ultimately for me the whole movie was about finding the poetry with Alejandro about what it meant to persevere, surviving and what you lived for. And what revenge is. If you follow that sort of undertaking, will it become something even more existential when you're out there? That was what we were out there to explore. It was very straightforward and it was up to us to weave in all the stuff the natural world gave us on the journey.

Q: Even a historic epic like this is in some way a reflection of its time. How does this story about a lawless land relate to our world today for you?

A: To me, it's very pertinent because so much of what this movie is about was discovered in the process of making it. To me, with the theme of man dominating nature, you have this time in American history when it was discovering new territory. Before (President James) Polk decided to wage the Mexican war and take over the Oregon Territory, this was all lawless land. It was land that was facing the first extraction of its natural resources by killing the animals and sending their very expensive furs off to Europe. It's the first wave of American capitalism out West. The undertext of this movie is very much about the indigenous people that lived there. The Native Americans. How they became displaced, how their culture was lost, how there was really a genocide of an entire population of people at that time.

We think we're so much more advanced today and we can learn from history. But you look at what's going on all around the world, with extraction of natural resources - from oil to mining to hydroelectric dams to cutting down rain forests - we're still making the same mistakes. The story perpetuates itself and has incredible meaning today.

Source

From Indie Wire

Off only 25% from Christmas weekend in the same 4 NY/LA theaters  ( which included a Thurs preview )   so it actually is an uptick ) Innaritu's epic western continues to be a strong player ahead is its national expansion next weekend 

With Leonardo DiCaprio's performance likely to draw wider audience and win awards ahead the future looks sunny

Fash

Tks for Central Ohio critic nods , new mag cover & boat pix :D

Jade

Tks for box office article , as well as , Leo interview :D

thanks everyone. i am partial to the adult leo filmography, love him in inception, wolf,  and departed.  i enjoy lurking here for all the leo-related stuff. i appreciate the guy's work tho i sometimes side-eye his environmental advocacies especially in light of his party lifestyle, i think that he is the last true moviestar in hollywood today and the only one left who can stilll greenlight intelligent adult dramas in the superhero era of hollywood. 

regarding  The Revenant, hope t really performs well when it goes wide. i am actually surprised that the female critics are the ones realy pushing for it  tho many have noted the violence contained in the film.i'd love to see it on the wide screen!

The Revenant will have a NY premiere on Wed Jan 6th

Not sure what is the problem as I can't copy & paste 

But the New York post tonight has article that stated there would be Revenant premiere on Wednesday 

And that art collector Larry Gagosian & Baz Luhrman would host a party in Leo 's honor at Kappo Masa 

Barbie

Yes, is a cut pix , tks :p

On 12/28/2015 at 1:53 PM, katchitup said:

More from St. Barths via X17:

---

You can see the same girl in these pics as in the shopping pics above getting off the boat! Not sure who the girl at the table is..looks hella familiar tho....

I believe the girl at the table is Jessica Strother

Another great video interview from French canal plus :ddr:

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-cinema/c-emissions-cinema-sur-canal/pid6307-rencontres-de-cinema.html?vid=1344470#

GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ...LEO IS SIMPLY DELICIOUS :drool::woot:

He starts off by saying Hello everyone, I have an exceptional interview with Leonardo Dicaprio with his new film THE REVENANT. It will be showing in Paris on February 24.

First of all I am happy to interview you here in London for this incredible film. 
Then Leo proceeds to talk about is journey with Alejandro. Leo explains how hard it was to do this film, extreme temperatures. This type of film is very difficult to be made by a studio. Leo says pretty much the same thing as in other interviews, and besides you can hear him speaking in english in between the french translations. He talks about working with the natural light, his rehearsals and the beauty of nature. 
He talks about working with Marty Scorsese and adores working with him. That he learned a lot from him as an actor and thinks of him like a father figure.
He talks about his environmental works. How Leo enjoyed Biology in school and also acting.

THANKS to one of my dear Leo loving friends 4 da interview & the translation!!!!!!!!!!!

Some new pix of Leo in St Barths from this weekend

Posting article link & a few pix

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3383355/Leonardo-DiCaprio-parties-bro-posse-Nikki-Beach-St-Barth-girlfriend-Kelly-Rohrbach-rings-2016-Connecticut.html

2FC6868E00000578-3383355-image-m-95_1451886056491.jpg

2FC6801000000578-3383355-image-a-93_1451886011735.jpg

2FC6861200000578-3383355-image-a-86_1451884617149.jpg

Posting the NY Post article I mentioned in my above post , that mentions Leo/NY /Revenant party on Wed Jan 6th

In St. Barts and Gstaad, Switzerland, over New Year’s, a popular pastime among the elite was catching up on this season’s crop of Oscar films from home. Spies in St. Barts said voters and their pals screened Oscar DVDs at night.

The most popular, we hear, was “The Revenant,” since Leo DiCaprio was on the island. “Everyone wanted to see the film so they could see Leo’s performance,” said a spy.

Back in New York on Wednesday, the film will premiere, and we hear that St. Barts regular Larry Gagosian will host a lunch to celebrate the film and art collector DiCaprio at his Kappo Masa with Baz Luhrmann, who directed the actor in “Romeo + Juliet.”

Another weekend box office report from Hollywood Reporter

Alejandro G. Inarritu's The Revenant, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, continued to soar in its second weekend, grossing $450,000 from four theaters in New York and Los Angeles for an outstanding location average of $112,500. Fox and New Regency will expand the movie nationwide on Jan. 8

Skinny

Tks for more Leo/St Barth pix :)

LeoLover

Tks for Leo/Canal Plus interview :)

Barbie

As to Revenant/NY premiere, not sure if they meant a regular premiere like they had recently in LA or just a private screening for select people combined with party to honor Leo