Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Article from Variety about new producing partner ; only part of the news I don't like is the news that Revenant might not go wide to Jan 2016 , will just be shown in limited release in Dec 2015 for award season

From Variety :

New Regency is in final negotiations to bring on Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures as a financier on Leonardo DiCaprio’s survival drama “The Revenant.”

The financing comes with shooting planned to start in two months. New Regency president Brad Weston told Variety that director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu will start shooting in Calgary and British Columbia in September.

20th Century Fox plans to open the film in limited release in late 2015 before a wide release in early 2016.

New Regency will finance half the cost of “The Revenant,” which has a budget of about $60 million. Brett Ratner’s RatPac Entertainment is also financing while Worldview Entertainment has backed off from providing funding.

New Regency came on to the project in 2011.

Gonzalez Inarritu is directing DiCaprio, Tom Hardy and Will Poulter. Gonzalez Inarritu and Mark Smith wrote the screenplay based on the Michael Punke novel “The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge” published in 2003. The novel, set in 1823, centers on a fur trapper who’s mauled by a grizzly bear and robbed by the two men enlisted to stay with him.

Annapurna has backed “American Hustle,” “Her,” “Zero Dark Thirty” and “Foxcatcher.” It’s also backing Mark Boal’s recently launched Page 1 production banner.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/leonardo-dicaprios-survival-drama-the-revenant-attracts-megan-ellisons-annapurna-1201261423/

Barbie

The dictionary defines revenant as

one that returns after death or a long absence

In the book Hugh Glass's injuries , from the bear attack, were so severe , that no one thought he could possibly survive, and many assumed he had died, so when he walked into the military fort months later after treking across 200 miles , it was if he had :

come back from the dead

From The Wrap : below is link to another article about new Revenant co producer , but what is interesting are their comments about Boyle/Job film project

With Inarritu currently in pre-production, “The Revenant” is in no danger of falling apart, as shooting is scheduled to start in September.

In fact, Sony recently pushed Danny Boyle's “Steve Jobs” movie to March in order to accommodate DiCaprio's fall schedule, with the actor still in negotiations to play the late Apple co-founder.

http://www.thewrap.com/megan-ellison-nearing-deal-to-co-finance-leonardo-dicaprio-thriller-the-revenant/

Excited for The Revenant, but I really hope he doesn't play Steve Jobs. He looks nothing like him and it would be another boring biopic like J. Edgar where he's not well cast enough to be convincing as the person. I don't think he will either, his name is always attached to many biopics but then we hear nothing about them afterwards. Like the Rasputin, Teddy Roosevelt, H.H. Holmes (but this is one biopic I think he will star in) Frank Sinatra, Hugh Hefner, King Harald, Woodrow Wilson, etc projects. And that Richard Jewell movie with Jonah too.

Interesting fact. I read on Just Jared awhile ago that the new Woody Allen movie coming out next year with Joaquin Phoenix and Emma Stone was originally meant to star Leo and Shailene Woodley, but Leo couldn't bc of The Revenant and Shailene couldn't bc of the Divergent sequel. 

Hello girls,

Thank you for all updates. I find new pix of Leo in Malibu.

I hope that Leo's look (beard and hair) is temporary and for his next movie. I don't recognize him.... :cain: :cain:

anyway, I love him SO MUCH :doofywave: :woot:

I love his smile in the second pic, I would like to kiss his lips :kiss: :kiss:

post-83938-0-83771400-1405178137_thumb.j

post-83938-0-95914100-1405178172_thumb.j

Magali

Tks for pix :)

Yes, if you look back at the pix I posted this week of the real Hugh Glass , you will see that he had a full beard like Leo , as well as, almost shoulder length hair (Y)

Infact if go back on this forum and look at the pap pix of Leo posted right before he started filming Django Unchained , you'll see the same fuller beard / longer hair :)

Fash

I , too, am looking forward to seeing Leo's total

Hugh Glass look (Y)

At same time I'm looking forward to seeing how he will wear his hair for his upcoming charity event in St Tropez

Will he have his longer hair slicked back with gel like he did for State Dept speech or go with natural look like he had it in the NY restaurant Instagram pix :)

post-52324-0-1446087394-67571_thumb.jpg

Barbie

The dictionary defines revenant as

one that returns after death or a long absence

In the book Hugh Glass's injuries , from the bear attack, were so severe , that no one thought he could possibly survive, and many assumed he had died, so when he walked into the military fort months later after treking across 200 miles , it was if he had :

come back from the dead

Oh, now I understand. Thanks a lot for the explanation, ox.

Fash

At same time I'm looking forward to seeing how he will wear his hair for his upcoming charity event in St Tropez

Will he have his longer hair slicked back with gel like he did for State Dept speech or go with natural look like he had it in the NY restaurant Instagram pix :)

Same! :p

Leo is in Jackson Hole Wyoming , the tweeter met him in store , he was with Tobey Maguire &Kevin Connolly

EveAlkasspooles‏@EveAlkasspooles ·

OMGG I just met #LeonardoDiCaprio pic.twitter.com/KW4sO9k8k7

Ohhhhhh and #tobeymaguire

EveAlkasspooles ‏@EveAlkasspooles · 13h

Was just next to Kevin Connelly.... What the heck is he doing in Jackson Hole, Wyoming

EveAlkasspooles ‏@EveAlkasspooles · 9h

Wondering as to why they are in Wyoming right now

post-52324-0-1446087396-19096_thumb.jpg

Tweeter who saw them coming out of coffee shop in Jackson Hole

Sydney Stuck ‏@sydneyraestuck · 12h

Nothing like having @LeoDiCaprio walk right passed our store....and we miss it @samthejam1 #comeback #swarovski

Sydney Stuck ‏@sydneyraestuck · 12h

@samthejam1 oh and Spider-Man

Leo is in Jackson Hole Wyoming , the tweeter met him in store , he was with Tobey Maguire &Kevin Connolly

OMGG I just met #LeonardoDiCaprio pic.twitter.com/KW4sO9k8k7

Ohhhhhh and #tobeymaguire

EveAlkasspooles ‏@EveAlkasspooles · 13h

Was just next to Kevin Connelly.... What the heck is he doing in Jackson Hole, Wyoming

EveAlkasspooles ‏@EveAlkasspooles · 9h

Wondering as to why they are in Wyoming right now

post-59785-0-1446087397-20575_thumb.jpg

:nicole: