Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Another positive review from Los Angeles Times :

Movie review: 'Django Unchained' is Tarantino unleashed

The filmmaker's audacious talents are given full rein in a wildly entertaining pre-Civil War epic whose comic flourishes only add to the gritty slavery drama's blistering power.

http://www.latimes.c...0,2901748.story

DiCaprio's villain, who turns up later, is equally exceptional in radically different ways. It is one of the film's conundrums for Foxx, technically the leading man. He does a fine job of melding his newly freed slave into a masterful gunslinger, with all the swagger and retribution that suggests. But there are so many finely crafted performances around him, it's hard for him to rise above the rest.

Though badness abounds, evil incarnate thrives in particularly insidious ways in Candyland, a huge Mississippi planation run by its pampered potentate, Calvin. Never has DiCaprio been more sinister than he is here — sarcasm dripping in every honeyed word, insolence flickering in his eyes, hate in his heart

I found that USA Today article/interview to be an interesting read, as it's nice to hear his thoughts about the great directors he's worked with :)

The positive reviews on Leo's "Calvin" performance continues on, that's wonderful (Y)

Thanks all for the updates :flower:

So, going from what leo said in a recent interview, he hasn't been home in about half a year. So how great would it be to make his return to LA right at Christmas time! This will just make him appreciate even more his family, friends and simply his home, this holiday season :heart:

Thanks for the cute pics Barbie and Pami

Found the trailer with Robert Redford as Gatsby from 1974, when our Gatsby was just a baby lol!

I couldn't find the full movie of the 1974 version, but this is the 2000 version. Paul Rudd plays Nick Caraway and Mira Sorvino plays Daisy. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_EPf_w2v_U

Oh wow I didn't even know there was a 2000 version of The Great Gatsby :nicole: Thanks Linz.... 'll be watching it later on (I like Rudd) and I wanna see how this version turns out. They didn't even show this to us in school when we were learning about Gatsby (only the '74 version) :p When it came to Romeo and Juliet they showed us both the '68 version and the '96 version. Well I guess Baz's version will eventually make it into the school curriculum! :p

Oh wow I didn't even know there was a 2000 version of The Great Gatsby :nicole: Thanks Linz.... 'll be watching it later on (I like Rudd) and I wanna see how this version turns out. They didn't even show this to us in school when we were learning about Gatsby (only the '74 version) :p When it came to Romeo and Juliet they showed us both the '68 version and the '96 version. Well I guess Baz's version will eventually make it into the school curriculum! :p

Great article Ox! And lovely pic adds Barbie and Pami :drool:

I don't think this has been posted:

Django Unchained might be one of the best pictures of 2012, but it wasn't easy for the cast in making it.

Jamie Foxx who stars in the film as a slave, recently did a press conference with the rest of the cast which features Kerry Washington, Samuel L. Jackson, and Leonardo DiCaprio.

He talked about a story where Leo cut his hand on a shot glass and kept filming, as well as his struggle to use the N-word during a rehersal with the rest of the cast.

He said of the experience:

“We were in rehearsals and Leo’s saying his line, ‘n***er this, n***er that. Then Samuel pulls him aside and says, ‘Hey motherf***er, this is just another Tuesday for us, let’s go.”

http://globalgrind.com/entertainment/jamie-foxx-talks-leonardo-dicaprio-saying-n-word-django-unchained-filming-racism-details