Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Fash

Tks for news of Leo's Satellite Awards win :) 

SaintRider

Welcome :wave:

No, you didn't miss the Oscars , they are this Sunday Feb 28th

The award Leo won was  for another movie award event know as the Satellite Awards .

Yes , I agree that Leo's performance in Shutter Island was award worthy :) 

Arghhh why did Variety have to write about a possible Cranston upset. I thought this talk about him was over after SAG. With Trumbo being the film's only nomination, Cranston's nomination should be his award and that's it. I think if Cranston had a chance to upset, then he would have won SAG. If somehow he manages to win the Oscar, then it would be obvious majority of the academy doesn't like Leo ... Because come on he's won everything so far. That would look so ridiculous. 6 more days :cain: 

http://variety.com/2016/film/in-contention/oscars-2016-upsets-bryan-cranston-christian-bale-1201711486/

26 minutes ago, FashionDream said:

Arghhh why did Variety have to write about a possible Cranston upset. I thought this talk about him was over after SAG. With Trumbo being the film's only nomination, Cranston's nomination should be his award and that's it. I think if Cranston had a chance to upset, then he would have won SAG. If somehow he manages to win the Oscar, then it would be obvious majority of the academy doesn't like Leo ... Because come on he's won everything so far. That would look so ridiculous. 6 more days :cain: 

http://variety.com/2016/film/in-contention/oscars-2016-upsets-bryan-cranston-christian-bale-1201711486/

Stop you're making me nervous ! :p 

^ well most people think he'll win. :) That Variety article was just an "upset" article. It just caught me because it was from Variety and ever since the SAG win, I wasn't hearing about upsets.  For example here's one article saying Leo is a "shoo-in" to win 

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/02/21/oscar-predictions-2016-leonardo-dicaprio-a-shoo-in-for-best-actor

i watch Goldderby videos where the experts discuss the Oscar race, and no one even mentions anything about anyone upsetting Leo. So shows they are fairly confident Leo will win. Their main focus is on the best picture race, which is still up in the air and sometimes they discuss alternative options in the supporting categories. So that's a good sign :) 

famous music stars make their Oscar predictions

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/6882573/brandy-clark-swizz-beatz-more-music-stars-oscar-predictions

Marinebing 

Just saw same cute pix of Dave & Leo's mom taken in west wing of White House, so that means Leo is meeting with him as well

I wonder when Leo was growing up in Los Feliz did he every imagine he would be meeting with the Pope &  US President in  a span of two months !

Hopefully we'll get some new pix of Leo from the visit :)

Washington Post article about Leo's visit to White House today

Leonardo DiCaprio is probably filming at the White House for his new climate documentary

Hey isn’t that… Leonardo DiCaprio jumping into a black SUV headed for 1600 Penn on Monday?

A source spotted the Oscar nominee headed into the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown right around lunch time after what looked like a leisurely stroll (apparently when he’s in town he likes to play tourist) down M Street. About an hour later, DiCaprio and an entourage of about a dozen people (including one camera) exited the glitzy hotel and got into a fleet of vehicles we’re told was headed straight to the White House.

No word on what the star of “The Revenant” might be doing at the executive mansion, but our best guess is he’s shooting an interview, most likely with the president, for his new documentary  on  climate change. Before you scoff. DiCaprio is a blue-ribbon celebvocate when it comes to environmental issues. In December the actor addressed a United Nations Climate Change Conference, telling the crowd that the issue was “the most fundamental and existential threat to our species.”

“I am consumed by this,” DiCaprio told Rolling Stone magazine in a recent interview. “There isn’t a couple of hours a day where I’m not thinking abo

17 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Marinebing 

Just saw same cute pix of Dave & Leo's mom taken in west wing of White House, so that means Leo is meeting with him as well

I wonder when Leo was growing up in Los Feliz did he every imagine he would be meeting with the Pope &  US President in  a span of two months !

Hopefully we'll get some new pix of Leo from the visit :)

Hey thanks for posting it :) ! And thank you for the article I hope we get pics soon !

On 2016-02-22 at 8:51 PM, oxford25 said:
4 hours ago, Shandy said:

I agree, @FashionDream! That Variety upset article is a little saddening. I believe Leo will win, but pieces like this still put me on edge. I wish Sunday would just come already ?

Yeah Sunday can't come soon enough. I'm actually counting down the days, its all I can think about.....it's pathetic lol :laugh:

Jack Matthews from Gold Derby wrote an article defending/standing up for leo against the naysayers and backlash that's going on regarding his performance.

http://www.goldderby.com/news/11815/oscar-leonardo-dicaprio-the-revenant-backlash-468027531.html

I'm getting kind of nervous for the Oscars....I mean he's won everything so far, but its almost like its too good to be true? Like they won't give it to him just because *nervous laughter*

Going to post this link here, the article is fairly long, but full of a lot of new quotes/things I've never heard of from actors and people around Leo his whole life about him, his acting, his personality, etc. 

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11594114

I think this was posted before, but not from youtube.

This one is really nice, Every Leonardo DiCaprio Oscar-Nominated Role Drawn In Coffee

And this actor Ronan Keating talking about how he and Leo failed at their Moulin Rouge auditions.

Is true, I'm kind of nervious too, because is like all the Haters have appear, for me Leo is the best in the race, I don't believe in the theory about he deserving just because "is time", is like getting down his work in the The Revenant, of couse as a everlasting fan, for me he should have like 4 Oscar Already or more Lol, ( what's eating Gilbert Grape, The Aviator, Revolutionary Road, Django, The wolf of Wall Street  etc) I'm so happy when I see people celebrating his career but this is NOT AN HONORIFIC OSCAR, HE IS THE BEST ACTOR OF 2015 BECAUSE HIS PERFORMANCE AS HUGH GLASS IS AMAZING, and is so Great people from the academy can see it this time.

Just now, osa castillo said:

Is true, I'm kind of nervious too, because is like all the Haters have appear, for me Leo is the best in the race, I don't believe in the theory about he deserving just because "is time", is like getting down his work in the The Revenant, of couse as a everlasting fan, for me he should have like 4 Oscar Already or more Lol, ( what's eating Gilbert Grape, The Aviator, Revolutionary Road, Django, The wolf of Wall Street  etc) I'm so happy when I see people celebrating his career but this is NOT AN HONORIFIC OSCAR, HE IS THE BEST ACTOR OF 2015 BECAUSE HIS PERFORMANCE AS HUGH GLASS IS AMAZING, and is so Great people from the academy can see it this time.

Completely agree, well said osa.   :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, SweetGaby said:

The point is everytime someone is on this level of sucess, a lot people appears to try to dismiss their work. 

It happens everytime, and at this moment, no one is bigger than Leo. 

But I can say, the support and love is much bigger. 

VERY WELL SAID :thumbsup:

THANKS dear Leo fans 4 da updates :flower: