Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Kat

Thanks for information as to what ET said about Paramount pix /background pix ,as if they said they had those pix in the Vanity Fair/Kristen Stewart issue I would try to find it for us and scan the pix :)

Pami

I've never been to your part of the world, but , I would think being able to attend a worthwhile eco conference , while at same time, being able to take in all that Rio has to offer is an alluring travel package for many people :)

thanks to all who shared the new photos, videos, articles.

Normally, I stay away from responding to personal stuff expressed here because for me (and this is not a diss to anyone who thinks differently), all that does not matter that much to me;

for me. it's all about the movies and his personality in interviews and appearances, and I would be lying if I did not include that I like his looks - the last, as time goes on, comes to matter less and less.

Back to the personal stuff, I would say that unless he lives in a vacuum, he probably realizes and knows what is said out there about his personal life; a lot of what is said demeaning and he is a target of ridicule. Despite that, he lives his life without worrying about the IMAGE or what people PERCEIVE from the outside, that is what make him special to me and what I like a LOT.

Do I think everything he does is wonderful, "normal", easy to understand ? No. no, and no. But if he conformed to everything that people want him to be, then he wouldn't be Leo.

Like oxford quoted photographer Greg Gorman writing about Leo:"he is the person most comfortable in his own skin that he has ever known" (that may not be the exact wording, word for word but I think it is 99% correct)- that about sums it up. When I read that, I thought, hmmm, is that really so? Then, I realized, yes, I can see where Gorman is coming from.

Definition of "comfortable in one's own skin" = Relaxed and confident in one's manner of presenting oneself and interacting with others; conveying the impression that one has a clear, satisfying understanding of one's own abilities and situation.

Well I joined this forum to defend the break up rumor because I KNEW it was false. When I actually post info that I know or hear, it IS what I really know. Otherwise I wouldnt put myself out there only to be humiliated if I was wrong. The "new info" is all that is needed. So I wont say much about nothing except I was very "happy waiting" for the proof Flower%20for%20you.gif

Baz Luhrman denies rift with Leonardo Dicaprio

http://m.dailytelegr...0-1226388090731

BAZ Luhrmann has scoffed at rumours of an onset rift with The Great Gatsby lead actor Leonardo DiCaprio.

Now past the six-month deadline to finish his ambitious $127 million remake of the much-loved American tale, the Australia director spoke to Confidential on Wednesday night at an event celebrating his wife Catherine Martin and her new Designer Rugs collection.

Inside the Darlinghurst castle they call home, Luhrmann - quizzed on whispers of a "testy" relationship with DiCaprio while filming in Sydney - pointed to a framed photo of the star on the wall.

"That picture was taken when he was 19, two years before he did Romeo + Juliet," he said.

"I've known him a long time."

There were mounting murmurs during the shoot of DiCaprio being somewhat difficult, apparently refusing to come out of his trailer the day after he split with Blake Lively.

Rushing to complete the 1920s-set epic in order to be viable for the 2013 Hollywood awards season, Luhrmann said he was on track but wasn't focused on nominations - yet: "You can't think about that. When you're making a film you just have to think about the film, not what might happen after it.

"I'm as happy with it (so far) as I am the people that are in it. We're working almost every day."

The filming of Gatsby - which moved from Rozelle Power Station to the Blue Mountains, Centennial Park, The International College Of Management in Manly and even Waverley Cemetery - was significantly stalled in January because of heavy rain. Luhrmann denied it caused any major problems.

Luhrmann was keen for Australian audiences to see the 3D trailer for the first time in cinemas this weekend, with the first-look attached to screenings of Prometheus.

While the critical reaction to the teaser was mostly positive following its online release two weeks ago, there was one fatal flaw - in a shot of New York's Times Square a billboard of Broadway act Ziegfeld Follies was spelled incorrectly.

The Great Gatsby will be released in the US on Boxing Day and in Australia in January.