Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Maybe the guy was being perv-ish towards Blake so that's why Leo acted the way he did? 'Cause I don't see Leo just getting angry about someone asking for an autograph. Maybe he got in her way or tried to touch her or something? Ew, poor Blake. I bet she has creeps coming up to her all the time trying to be all perv-ish.

Yayyyyyy for a new pic of the two!!!!!! :clap::heart:

It was about time! :o

Also I can't see Leo pushing a guy away just because he wanted an autograph, but I'm thinking maybe the guy tryed to grab her for the autograph and leo protected her. Soooooooo HOT! :woot:

Thanks Halolulu!! I hope we can get some more pics!! :D

Another tweet (Guy lives in Santa Barbra ;) )

OMG, Leo DiCaprio and Blake Lively in Santa Barbara! Why is this news? Remember when it wasn't cool to be star struck here? It still isn't

11 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/zacestrada

Some "Gatsby" news

Baz puts great in Gatsby

BAZ LUHRMANN is at it again.

A decade ago he recreated 19th-century Paris's famed Moulin Rouge and had Nicole Kidman swinging from a trapeze inside Sydney's Fox Studios.

Then it was dusty Faraway Downs, with Kidman joined by Hugh Jackman for Australia.

Now, in the same film lot, work is underway on Luhrmann's next folly: 1920s Americana and all its glamour.

More than 200 workers are feverishly transforming the Moore Park sound stages into an enclave of the super rich, Long Island in the summer of 1922, in preparation for filming to begin on Luhrmann's $150 million take on F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic The Great Gatsby.

The cameras are not set to start rolling until mid-September when stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Jason Clarke, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher, Joel Edgerton and Elizabeth Debicki will arrive to help Luhrmann revive the American literary classic in 3D.

Gatsby tells the dramatic story of Nick Carraway, played by Spiderman's Maguire, an idealistic yet naive Midwesterner lured into the lavish world of glamorous parties and fast cars belonging to his millionaire neighbour, Jay Gatsby, played by DiCaprio.

Fisher plays Myrtle Wilson, who is cheating on her mechanic husband, George, played by Jason Clarke. Joel Edgerton plays Tom Buchanan, Carraway's arrogant cousin, who is having the affair with Fisher's character behind his wife Daisy's back (played by Mulligan), an old flame of Gatsby's he is keen to win back. Newcomer Elizabeth Debicki will play Jordan Baker, Carraway's lover.

Set in the years following World War I, the film promises to provide Luhrmann's wife and creative visionary Catherine Martin with fertile ground to create extravagant costumes and sets. Scenes shot in Sydney will recreate New York's Plaza Hotel and Long Island's magnificent mansions where Gatsby hosted the decadent and incredibly chic parties Carraway found so egregiously mesmerising.

Indeed the mansion Lands End in Sands Point, New York, where Fitzgerald partied and is said to have inspired his famous novel, was razed by bulldozers in April, the huge white mansion with imposing colonnades reduced to a pile of rubble.

Luhrmann's team has already acquired a fleet of shiny vintage cars, currently being shipped to Sydney for the shoot from Volo Auto Museum in Illinois. The cars include a pair of 1929 Duesenbergs and a 1929 Packard, both intended to be used by DiCaprio's character. The cars are rumoured to be worth up to $3 million each.

Luhrmann and Martin recently threw a farewell party in New York, attended by mates including Jackman, and are understood to have returned to Sydney and their Darlinghurst mansion Iona in the lead up to the shoot.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/private-sy...l#ixzz1SqROCLbs

Halo

Thanks for another SB sighting :)

Kat

Yes, it would be great if we get more pix from bystanders.

Thanks for another SB tweet. Sounds like the guy is annoyed that people are 'excited' to see Leo and Blake. I know I would be :hell yea!:

Thanks for the Gatsby article, oxford! :flower: Mid-September, huh? I believe Leo is going down there mid-August, but maybe they need time to prepare. And whoaah, look at that 150 mil budget... this is going to be epic. :D Here's another....

BBC News

Carey Mulligan 'raring to go' on Gatsby

By Tim Masters Entertainment and arts correspondent, BBC News

Carey Mulligan says she has done intensive research ahead of filming The Great Gatsby in Australia next month.

The Oscar-nominated actress will play socialite Daisy Buchanan in Baz Luhrmann's version of F Scott Fitzgerald's classic American novel.

Mulligan, who has just finished in a stage play in New York, told the BBC: "It's daunting. It's the biggest thing I've been involved in - it's strange going from a little off-Broadway play to such a big thing, but I'm raring to go."

Filming begins at Fox Studios in Sydney in August. Luhrmann's last two films, Australia and Moulin Rouge, were also shot there.

According to industry paper The Hollywood Reporter, it will be the first live-action 3D movie to be shot in New South Wales. The story itself is set in New York.

Mulligan stars opposite Leonardo DiCaprio, who plays the mysterious Jay Gatsby and Tobey Maguire as narrator Nick Carraway.

The most famous film version of The Great Gatsby is Jack Clayton's 1974 movie, which starred Robert Redford as Gatsby, Mia Farrow as Buchanan and Sam Waterston as Carraway.

Mulligan said that the whole Gatsby cast had got together in New York earlier this year to workshop the characters.

"It's really research intensive. We got overloaded with books and research files. I've been reading Zelda Fitzgerald [wife of F Scott] biographies about [Chicago socialite] Ginevra King and all these characters that Daisy was drawn from."

Luhrmann has taken the step of publishing the research material on his film production company website.

Anyone watch Boardwalk Empire on HBO? Scorsese is a producer, and they've got Michael Pitt doing his best Leo. ;) One of the standouts is the actor playing Al Capone, Stephen Graham. Nice article about him here where he mentions Leo...

Liverpool.com

Stephen, who recently stayed with pal Leonardo DiCaprio in New York after appearing with him in Gangs of New York, is modest about being called 'one of the finest English actors of his generation'

Jou

Thanks for Carey Mulligan article :)

I notice that article states filming will begin in August. I guess we'll just have to wait and see which time frame is correct .

I just hope we see some pix once Leo does begin filming.

Also, thanks, for Stephen Graham comment.

And as to your comment below , forget about Blake, I wouldn't mind a free trip to Sydney :wave:

A trip to Australia would be a nice birthday present.

Kat

I didn't know that Blake's birthday is soon :)

Thanks for explaining Kat :hug:

I don't really know if 150 million is a lot?

But if you say so, that's good! I'm really curious to see Leo in those over-the-top suits of the Gatsby-erea :)

Where the hell is Hoover stuff?