Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks Barbie and Jade for the posts! That old pic of Leo was adorable!

3 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

First and foremost, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a fictional movie. Though drawing inspiration from real-life and featuring characterizations of actual people, the film is a fairy tale as exemplified by the first four words within its title.

Exactly and agree! People should enjoy the film and Tarantino didn't cut a thing. A director works hard to put together a picture and for any suggestion to 'cut a scene' here or there to appease an individual isn't cool at all.

Your Guide to This Oscar Season’s Best Actor Bloodbath

“Best Actor is going to be a nightmare this year,” one Oscar strategist told me this summer, pointing to the bevy of high-profile male performers who seemed likely to make a run during the fall Oscar race. Compared to Best Actress, which leaves out worthy performances on the regular, Best Actor has not been stacked with heavyweights of late, and recent contests have seen the Academy scrounging through the season’s bargain bins to find a fifth nominee. Not this year. With most of 2019’s ostensible contenders running the festival gauntlet with aplomb — we’ll miss you, Timmy — we’re left with a field that boasts ten-plus serious claimants. Only five will hear their names called come nomination day. Which of them will make it in? Here’s your rundown. Start placing your bets.

(Note: This list assumes that Christian Bale and Tom Hanks will run in the supporting-actor category. Additionally, apologies to Paul Walter Hauser of Richard Jewell, the dewy young Brits of 1917, and the male cats of Cats, all of whose films have yet to screen.)

Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood.w700.h467.

The role: Rick Dalton, a washed-up TV cowboy whose fortunes change when Sharon Tate (Margot Robbie) moves next door to him in 1969.

The awards history: A long-awaited Best Actor trophy for The Revenant, plus four other acting nominations and a nod for producing The Wolf of Wall Street.

In his favor: Like The Irishman, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is generally expected to be a strong contender, and DiCaprio anchors his director’s singular tone, investing the buffoonish Dalton with equal amounts of pathos and humor. Actors playing actors often have a leg up in the awards race, and I suspect DiCaprio’s colleagues can empathize with his self-excoriating meltdown on the set of his latest Western and thus feel every bit of his triumph when he finally nails the take.

Working against him: Once Upon a Time had as good a run at the box office as Sony could have hoped, but there’s a chance that DiCaprio could lose a bit of steam as the July release gets overtaken by newer and buzzier titles and co-star Brad Pitt gobbles up most of the movie’s awards attention. It’s also worth noting that DiCaprio just won this trophy for his last movie, an honor that was preceded by months of hoopla about his illustrious body of work. In a tough field, could Leo get left off by voters who feel they’ve already given him his due?

Source

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

^I'm surprised the press didn't notice. I mean when was the last time he was wearing a ring? Can't even remember. And whoops here it comes directly to my mind: Secret marriage? Engagement? Yeah I know but couldn't help LOL :56608ac1cc5a3_smilynewone:

In Brazil, the ring in the right hand is sign of engagement or commitment, left hand only after the wedding. Now in US I think engagement and wedding it's all in the left hand, isn't it? 

We are talking about Leo, so I doubt that means anything... unless Camila also wear a ring in her right hand, but I can't see in the pics. Anyway, I just thought odd to see Leo with a ring on that finger, because I only saw Leo wearing rings in movies and usually in the pink finger, but if I would bet... I would say it probably means nothing, I'am just curious about it, since it's not usual of Leo to wear rings. 

Thanks for the article, jade. 

Glad to see they have begun casting calls for Osage , I'm hoping it begins filming by Spring 2020  :thumbsup: 

2019-10-21 (3).png

Barbie & Jade

Tks for  latest  Leo pix and news :flower:  :flower: 

Barbie

Yes,  in USA women wear engagement/wedding rings on left hand 

Kelly

While I ,also, read that JJ identified the other people as Cami's friends,  looking at the Legion Media series of pix,  looks to me like the woman was someone Leo knew and the girls were with her