Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Barbie

I just now looked online and can find nothing about a premiere with Once cast in Toronto 

If you recall some people posted on  IG  yesterday from a New York theater saying they were there for private screening of Once/  the NY premiere of Once.   But , as we know, it wasn't a premiere that involved the cast 

Could be the person is just talking about getting to go tomorrow to some sort of either press screening or a free screening that  many radio stations /Gofobo offer  :idk:

OMG  this tweet from fellow actor Ron Perlman about the audiences reaction to Leo's acting in Once made my day ! :clap: :clap: 

Saw #OnceUponATimeInHollywood last night. is astonishingly good. Received applause at the end of at least 4 of his scenes. Just for acting. I was one of the ones cheering. Never saw that before. He is atop the Mt Olympus of his profession!

36 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

OMG  this tweet from fellow actor Ron Perlman about the audiences reaction to Leo's acting in Once made my day ! :clap: :clap: 

Saw #OnceUponATimeInHollywood last night. is astonishingly good. Received applause at the end of at least 4 of his scenes. Just for acting. I was one of the ones cheering. Never saw that before. He is atop the Mt Olympus of his profession!

WOW, this is amazing.  :ohmy: :ddr:  I found eyes in my tears, lol...  :cry:  but for real, this type of comments of people reacting to his acting made me so emotional, so proud of our Leo. 

5 hours ago, oxford25 said:

That tweet is like music to my ears :ddr::clap:it made my month :woohoo:goshhhhhh...CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ANOTHER MAGNIFICENT PERFORMANCE BY 'LEO THE GREAT' :woot:

Thanks a million Oxford,Barbie & Jade for more wonderful updates :grouphug:

Box Office: DiCaprio, Pitt And Robbie's 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' Is Tracking For A $30 Million Debut

Sony’s Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood is pitching itself as the event movie of the summer for adults. It’s a Quentin Tarantino movie which stars Leonardo DiCaprio in his first movie since he won an Oscar for The Revenant along with Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie. And it’s a $90 million, R-rated, 2.5-hour period piece about 1969 Hollywood around the time of the Tate-LaBianca murders.

In a Netflix/VOD era, will adults show up for an adult movie or will they just complain about Hollywood not making real movies anymore while they binge the latest Netflix series? Initial tracking offers some cause for measured optimism.

The Tarantino joint is tracking for an opening weekend just under $30 million. That's about on par with the $30 million Fri-Sun debut (of a $78 million Tues-Tues launch) of Django Unchained in December of 2012. Yes, that’s less than the $37 million opening for Inglorious Basterds ten summers ago, but that was ten summers ago.

As I’ve noted here and there, 2009 was the last year where original and new-to-cinema flicks had a shot in hell at a vibrant and successful run. I never thought I’d be nostalgic for the likes of (be they good or bad) Paul Blart: Mall Cop, Taken, Knowing, Couples Resort, District 9, The Proposal, It's Complicated and, yes, Avatar, but here we are.

Can Quentin Tarantino's latest be the savior of old Hollywood? Can it be the event movie of the summer for grown-ups and/or film nerds? Is Leonardo DiCaprio still a big "butts in the seats" draw 3.5 years after The Revenant scored $538 million worldwide and finally won him that Oscar?

Sony spent around $90 million on this comedic melodrama, which stars DiCaprio as a fading TV star and Brad Pitt as his stuntman, so this needs to play closer to Inglorious Basterds than The Hateful Eight. In a summer where even the well-received Rocketman will top out under $200 million worldwide (pretty good for a $40 million, R-rated rock biopic), all eyes are on this star-studded "Golden Age of Hollywood" flick to show that, yes, grown-ups can still show up to grown-up movies rather than only seeing the same IP/nostalgia stuff as their kids.

No, I wasn't at Cannes so I haven't seen this one yet, so I can only speculate as to how the industry-set flick will play for general moviegoers less nostalgic for the days of the studio system and/or the late 1960's. The good news is that it’ll be the last BIG adult movie of the summer, give or take how young the PG-13 Hobbs & Shaw plays the week after.

Yes, Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood will be sandwiched right between the last two mega-movies of the summer, The Lion King and Hobbs & Shaw, but after that it’ll be the last “big” adult movie until It: Chapter Two in early September.

Barring a happy surprise, Once Upon A Time.. In Hollywood is the biggie for adults, presuming the general critical consensus is as positive as the Cannes notices, until It: Chapter Two in September and then Joker in early October, which point the Oscar season will be in full swing following the fall festivals. In a year when positive tracking has proven to be a cruel mirage, possibly because it doesn’t yet account for the “Netflix curve,” we can only hope that positive reviews and a pre-release media saturation will push that number upward.

Can a big-budget Hollywood melodrama starring the guy from Titanic, the guy from Legends of the Fall and that lady who stole Suicide Squad justify itself in a theatrical environment that now caters exclusively to IP, brands, and four-quadrant fantasy spectacles technically for kids but targeted at nostalgic adults? Even the few “adult” breakouts are general jukebox musicals like Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman and Yesterday.

This one opens on July 26 and has the weekend to itself. Prove me wrong, moviegoers.

Source

I'm going here with Sneider. Most people I know wants to see the movie in cinema (even my parents who NEVER go to cinema lol):