Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks so much Jade for the posts of people’s thoughts and reactions! I’m hyped to see this more now :D

Thanks Barbie for the article and insta posts and ox for the footage! Nearly 4 years since Leo’s been on the big screen? It’s been long enough, too long:blush:

Thanks Jade and ox for the fan reactions and ox for the pics!

2 hours ago, Leo lover said:

wowwwwiiiieeee...wonderful reactions from the screening :thumbsup: CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE :woot:

Me too :happy:. I’ve been doing this :girlbanghead: long enough. 

Leo interview

HOLLYWOOD BULLETIN: Leonardo DiCaprio, just a simple guy from Hollywood

Published July 20, 2019, 1:37 PM

LOS ANGELES — The 44-year-old actor, film producer and environmentalist Leonardo DiCaprio talked to us recently about his new film with director Quentin Tarantino, “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.”

In the movie set in 1969 Los Angeles, actor Rick Dalton (portrayed by Leonardo) is the former star of the Western TV series “Bounty Law.” He is lamenting about his career being over while his faithful and loyal stunt double, Cliff Booth (portrayed by Brad Pitt) remains close by his side.

Leonardo admitted relating to Rick’s awareness of his mortality.

“Although my career trajectory had taken a different course, I immediately connected with Rick. It’s intrinsically somebody that I knew growing up in the industry, and in a lot of ways, he’s a man dealing with his own mortality. We are in an industry where you become immortalized by film and television but he’s realizing that the culture and the industry has passed him by.”

Asked what comes to mind first when he hears the word Hollywood, Leonardo replied, “My whole existence. I grew up and was born in Hollywood, grew up by Hollywood Billiards, Hollywood and Western. What was interesting growing up in that time period is, and also seeing 1969 Hollywood, which I always had like a glamorous idealized imagination of, was how downtrodden it was when he recreated 1969 Hollywood, with the tie-dye and the hippies and the head shops and this subculture that was brewing. I guess that carried into the 80s where I grew up.

“But interestingly enough, I always say this, the only reason that I am an actor is because I live in Hollywood. I had dreams of becoming an actor, but I never felt part of that club. It was always something that was weirdly intangible. If it wasn’t for the sheer proximity of going to a school and having my mother drop me off to auditions, I would have never been able, I would have never uprooted myself from Iowa or Missouri, with these grand Gold Rush dreams, backpacks on, to come to Hollywood like so many others. It was literally the fact that when I told my mother, ‘I want to go on auditions,’ she took me from school straight to auditions after school.”

I think every one of the actors who I have spoken to, certainly today, we have all had those moments, whether it be exhaustion or whatever it is, where you cannot get the line out,” he admitted. “I drew upon certainly personal experiences, not the aftermath of it, but physically not being able to say the line and it’s like the equivalent of going to school with your underwear on.

“So much of your job is trying to make the camera and the crew disappear and be in the moment and then the realization that everyone is watching you and you just cannot step up to the plate…”

This being his first time to work with Brad, Leonardo talked about working with him.

“He’s a great guy, an incredible professional, incredibly talented. There’s an ease to working with him. Do we play poker, no. The connection we have from the past is ‘Growing Pains.’ We were both on the television show ‘Growing Pains.’ Him in the late ’80s, me in the early ’90s, but he was on two or three episodes of that and then I came in on the last year of ‘Growing Pains,’ and they let me out to do my first movie when I was 15, ‘This Boy’s Life.’ But that’s about as close as we have ever gotten to work together.”

EABDpffUcAEuDjn.jpg