Bellazon

Football

goose

Atletico could have been 4-0 up within the first twenty minutes!

I feel the same genuine giddiness watching Atletico’s Champions League exploits as I do watching Dortmund in full flow. It'll be a tall order, but I really hope they go on to win it.

Some of the recent off-the-field issues at Barca must have the fans seriously doubting the sanity of those running the club. Martino would do well to consider taking a job with Argentina’s national team, for a comparatively quiet time. :pinch:

Oh Luis Figo (who made the draw), how could you? :blah: Would have much preferred it for Mourinho to face either his old club Real Madrid or his old mate Guardiola and get stuffed.

Champions League semi-final draw
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea

Europa League semi-final draw

Sevilla vs Valencia
Benfica vs Juventus

A Madrid derby final would do me. One, it prevents even more utterly inane articles about the 'fascinating' mind games between Pep Guacamole and Jose Moronho. Two, any possibility of a John Terry "redemption" final is beyond repulsive and must be prevented at all costs. And three, I don't want that chubby backstabbing midget Mario winning any more trophies than is strictly necessary. 

Benfica-Juventus should be good.

Bayern over Real all the way!!

I would love to see Atletico beat Chelsea but that is going to be hard. Atletico has pulled off some surprise wins this season and proven themselves. Simeone seems to be getting better and better also. It's going to be interesting to watch for sure.

Lambert's two lieutenants both suspended by the club. Another new manager beckons.

Surprising to see Shay Given named as one of the temporary replacements, I was under the impression that Lambert had had enough of him as well.

Shay's far too old and on an ungodly amount of money but bearing in mind the rest of our 'Bomb Squad' he's a comparative delight to look back upon. And even now he's probably still better than Jed Steer, yet another bewildering Lambert acquisition. Best case scenario is this wacky gang of misfits pull out a few improbable results like Gary McAllister did when Gerry Houllier got poorly. Then, day zero.

Connor Wickham settles the title race - now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type.

A convincing impersonation of a team capable of survival tonight, but the reality is that it's too little, too late. It's just possible though that Poyet is still the right man to lead us in the Championship (cringe!) next season.

Mannone's desperate slow-mo attempts at keeping the 'shot' out were agonising to watch, and the error may have quelled any thoughts of the great escape being a slim possibility again, but it would be a shame if that moment was remembered as any kind of season-defining one. It's been such a comedy of errors since the word go, and Vito is one of the few members of the squad who deserves to emerge from this dismal campaign with any credit whatsoever.

Just seen the Bale goal from last night, absolutely stunning. If he'd tried running off the pitch against us though, someone would probably have chucked a pie at him. :pinch: