Bellazon

Football

goose

Cant say im a fan of Henderson, i know he is still young, but he shouldnt be in the 1st team.

Henderson developed at such a tremendous rate during his time here that he was almost certainly due a lull. Is he ready to play every week for such a high-pressure club? Probably not, but he'll get better and the increased expectations that accompany big money transfers subside given time. I honestly think he has it in him to become another Gerrard.

If for some reason he doesn't make the grade at Anfield, though, I wouldn't mind having him back at Sunderland. At a reduced fee of course. :shifty:

pokalfinalekehlpokal389.jpg

A truly historic double, capped by an unforgettable performance. Seasons don't end any better than this, hell there were even a few howlers from monkeyman Neuer just to add extra sweetness. This is the first team EVER to beat Bayern five times in a row. Ever. EVER.

Cant say im a fan of Henderson, i know he is still young, but he shouldnt be in the 1st team.

Henderson developed at such a tremendous rate during his time here that he was almost certainly due a lull. Is he ready to play every week for such a high-pressure club? Probably not, but he'll get better and the increased expectations that accompany big money transfers subside given time. I honestly think he has it in him to become another Gerrard.

If for some reason he doesn't make the grade at Anfield, though, I wouldn't mind having him back at Sunderland. At a reduced fee of course. :shifty:

He has been a little unlucky in the fact that most of the season he has had to play out wide right.

Football! Bloody hell x10. :hehe:

Nothing like a tense final game to bring out Joey Barton's 'philosophical' side. A brilliantly ridiculous or ridiculously brilliant (take your pick) ending to what I'm sure will be labelled the Premier League's 'best season ever' by excitable rogues the length and breadth of the country.

I don't usually expect managers to be sacked so soon after the end of the season but regardless of the timing, McLeish can surely have few complaints. If you insist on bringing such a lacklustre brand of football to a new club, you should at least be expected to implement it well. Respect as well to Sky Sports News for their choice of photo on the 'breaking news' graphic. He looks like he's been sent to the naughty step. :rofl:

Fred, after double glory for Dortmund and the promise of better things to come at Aston Villa, one could be forgiven for thinking that your week couldn't possibly get any better. Well, with victory in the best leagues in the worldâ„¢, I guess it just did. Excellent work! (Y)

Maybe it's finally time to relax my age-old 'no Mags' policy. :unsure:

Fred, after double glory for Dortmund and the promise of better things to come at Aston Villa, one could be forgiven for thinking that your week couldn't possibly get any better. Well, with victory in the best leagues in the world�„�, I guess it just did. Excellent work! (Y)

As Mancini would say, for sure we are in good moment! Also pleased to see my bogey team, Average, have a thoroughly miserable season.

Which fittingly brings me to...the England squad for Euro 2012!

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Robert Green, John Ruddy

Defenders - Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, John Terry

Midfielders - Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young

Strikers - Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

Standby - Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge

^And so, Operation: Let's Not Embarrass Ourselves begins in earnest! :bellazon:

Obviously, a couple of mildly notable omissions there but it really only goes to show what a decidedly average pool of players we have to choose from. No-one gave England a chance before the squad announcement (or even before Roy's appointment) anyway, so the absences of Ferdinand and Carrick will, generally speaking, do little to change the outlook one way or the other. Much has been made of Downing's price tag and solitary assist this season, though in his defence he's probably assisted in about 18 Suarez shots that have hit the woodwork.

Still, assuming that Hodgson has a plan and that he's picked the players he thinks can implement it successfully, this selection could represent the end of the 'let's just chuck all our decent players together and hope for the best' approach, which is alright with me.

On an imaginary sliding scale of things that cost Dalglish his job, I'd probably place his deployment of Luis Suarez as the focal point of Liverpool's attack above the signings of the north east all-stars (Messrs Carroll, Downing and Henderson). A tremendous link-up player, yes, but grossly overrated as a finisher. If Suarez had converted even a fraction of his missed chances this season, I believe Kenny would have been looking at a comfortable top six finish, easy.

Can't say I've been too impressed by Suarez so far, as well. He was damage when he was playing in Holland, but then obviously the quality of football isn't as high as it is in England. Still though, he's a good name to have on the team sheet.