Bellazon

NBA

goose

Sixers/Lakers :p

ok maybe not, but one of those teams will make it to the finals. im not saying which :whistle:

:rofl: Everybody knows the Lakers is coming out THE WEST!!! When the playoffs start, anyone going up against the Lakers is gonna go DOWN HARD!!! :yes: As for the East, kind of a toss-up. Right now Cleveland is the hottest team in the NBA, riding a 10 winning streak, and will most likely have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. And when they are at home, they are ALMOST UNBEATABLE!!! However, you can't count out last year's NBA champions, the Celtics. Still have Garnett, Pierce, and Allen. Orlando might be in the mix as well. They are tied for 2nd place in the East.

You picked Sixers/Lakers last year :rofl: :hug: .

Yeah...Cavs are lookin' good :laugh: . Lakers would probably need Bynum and Celts would need Garnett healthy to take them out :idk: . But who knows :hehe: ?

Yeah, you know Matt was just jokin' bout the SIXERS!!! ;) :rofl: Looks like the Cavs got home court. Lakers obviously had some setbacks. The absence of Bynum has started to show. Andrew will be back in due time, just when L.A. needs him. Celtics on the other hand, don't have that luxury with Garnett. They are in a MUCH TOUGHER DIVISION!!! Not only will they have to eventually face Orlando and Cleveland down the stretch, let's not forget what happened to them in the 1st round last year. Atlanta pushed them to 7 GAMES!!! And it gonna get any easier, especially since everybody is gunning for them since they are the defending champions.

You picked Sixers/Lakers last year :rofl: :hug: .

Yeah...Cavs are lookin' good :laugh: . Lakers would probably need Bynum and Celts would need Garnett healthy to take them out :idk: . But who knows :hehe: ?

:laugh: i didnt even notice. i guess i pick them every year. well they ARE the 2 coolest teams and with the most history (except for Boston but i hate them) :whistle:

Thad Young out until the playoffs :( he was playing all star caliber ball too, 7 straight games with over 20 points.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the table is set for the playoffs. Everybody knows who's comin' out the West. It's only gonna be fun when the other teams duke out. However, the East will be MUCH MORE INTERESTING!!! :yes: Right off the bat you got Sixers and Celtics. Obviously the Celtics are favored, and they are getting Garnett back. However, they were heavily favored over Atl last year, and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!!! :shock: Atlanta almost beat them, pushing that series to deciding 7TH GAME!!! :whistle: Close call. They should get by the Sixers, though. C'mon, they can't to a .500 team. OR COULD THEY? :ermm:

umm, Actually the Bulls will be facing the C's. We got 6th place with a win in Cleveland last night. The Bulls match up better with Boston too. And the Sixers imo have a better chance against the Magic than against the Celtics. If they miss their 3's who knows how the series will go.

oh and look for the Blazers to make some noise this year. they have DEPTH for real

umm, Actually the Bulls will be facing the C's. We got 6th place with a win in Cleveland last night. The Bulls match up better with Boston too. And the Sixers imo have a better chance against the Magic than against the Celtics. If they miss their 3's who knows how the series will go.

oh and look for the Blazers to make some noise this year. they have DEPTH for real

My bad. :blush: Yeah, the Bulls will give Boston some problems, no doubt. Plus, I heard that KG might be lost FOR THE YEAR!!! Sixers have a change to maybe advance to the 2nd round. Magic might be a dark horse behind Boston and Cleveland, but the injuries to Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu will hamper them some. They might be able to play, but they won't be at their best.

Matt, seriously, the Blazers making some noise?! :cain: Against who? NOT US!!! They take out Houston, big deal. Rockets are infamous for not getting past the 2nd round. Now the Nuggets, that looks like a team to be reckoned with. They are deep as well. Still, Lakers run the West. Talk about depth. We got the BENCH MOB!!! :blueeyedbaby: :yes: We have Bynum back, looking like he never lost a step.

Lakers-Cavs finals, but the Lakers road to the finals won't be as easy as everybody thinks.

Their point guards haven't really set the world on fire this season, so I can see Deron Williams together with the Utah crowds win them a game or two. Then they are likely to face the Blazers, who could easily take them to six or even seven games themselves. Ironically, the conference finals might be their most easiest match-up, since it's likely to be either Denver or New Orleans.

Cavs will murder the Pistons. I hope they face the Heat in the second round, just because I want to see Wade and James go up against each other. Can't see the Heat winning that one though. At best, they take it to six games behind an almost supernatural performance by D-Wade.

Likely Conference finals foes for them are Orlando or the KG-less Celtics. I can't see either of those teams beat them.

:woot: I dont know whether to be happier that the Sixers won, or that someone actually watched a Sixers game :nicole:

Iguodala is the new Mr Bigshot. Magic is still the better team. Sixers are just one of those teams that can beat anyone on a given night.

and i wish the Jazz would at least make that series interesting :/

btw the Flyers and Phillies won today... Philly ftw!

Lakers-Cavs finals, but the Lakers road to the finals won't be as easy as everybody thinks.

Their point guards haven't really set the world on fire this season, so I can see Deron Williams together with the Utah crowds win them a game or two. Then they are likely to face the Blazers, who could easily take them to six or even seven games themselves. Ironically, the conference finals might be their most easiest match-up, since it's likely to be either Denver or New Orleans.

Cavs will murder the Pistons. I hope they face the Heat in the second round, just because I want to see Wade and James go up against each other. Can't see the Heat winning that one though. At best, they take it to six games behind an almost supernatural performance by D-Wade.

Likely Conference finals foes for them are Orlando or the KG-less Celtics. I can't see either of those teams beat them.

Those teams are gonna be tired once they step into L.A. Fisher as a starter and Farmar as a back-up is not that bad. I ain't worried about Utah. They can't win a game at Staples. Lost 11 straight there, including playoffs. And the Lakers will win at least on in SLC. As far as the Blazers are concerned, they better get it together, or the Rockets are gonna advance instead of them. They gotta play the next 2 in Houston, and I think the home team wins one of those. Conference finals should be easy. However, the Nuggets could make it interesting. However, whether they face Dallas or SA, that's gonna be a tough series. If its the Mavs, they might be able to pull off a upset, though that is unlikely. Still, they are gonna be tired once they step to the Lakers, who should be fresher.

Cavs will probably sweep the Pistons. They beat the Heat, too. Still will be fun to watch 2 possible MVP players go at each other. For the Conference Finals, they will likely face Orlando. Celtics with no KG won't get past the 2nd round, especially considering the fact that the Magic will probably be at full strength when that series goes down. Cavs will most likely win, but Orlando is gonna make it interesting. 6 games, at least.

I dont know why you assume the Magic will be advancing past the first round. :whistle: the team who wins the first game, wins the series something like 70% of the time. Although philly did win game 1 last year against Detroit and lost the series. but we cant go against the odds 2 years in a row can we? :unsure: o wait, the 2001 Finals are coming back to mind :ninja: