Bellazon

How is cute = ugly?

maddog107

I guess cute can mean cute, but not beautiful. There was this guy I knew in secondary school who looked like a hamster; fat, chubby cheeks, tiny little eyes and rodent-like teeth. Now he would be cute because he looked like a hamster, but he wouldn't be the kind of cute who you would find sexually attractive, if you get what I'm saying. LOL So in a sense, you can be cute, but ugly at the same time.

I went out to dinner with an ex-boyfriend from high school last Friday. After dinner that night, he sent me a text message that said "I forgot to tell you that you looked gorgeous, and your hair was cute too."

I don't mind at all when that kind of compliment comes around. :blush: I got gorgeous and cute in the same compliment. :laugh:

But, when "cute" is by itself ... I can't stand it.

i have never really gotten cute ... but my boyfriend use to give it to be all the time.. he would always be like i love how you are so cute yet sexy.. so he would give me both.. but i loved it when he gave me this compliment of cute...

i think when its someone you love it is different.. but when he called me this the thought of him telling me im ugly never crossed my mind

Cute is for kittens and all other assorted baby animals or things that are massively fluffy!

Aside from that, I also get cute all the time. It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm barely over five foot and almost all of my friends except for one are over 5'6.

But usually I get it for my behavior more than my looks, cause I'm goofy and for some reason my friends find it combined with my shortness, "cute"

• 6 months later...

so we can't compliment them, cause they'll misunderstand our words, we can't be fake, but we have to pay them a compliment even if we don't mean it, otherwise they'll hate us...

call me crazy but that sounds like a no win situation :laugh:

When I say something I mean it :yes: And now that I know the code word for ugly :shifty: :rofl:

i hate it when people call me cute to justify them laughing hysterically at something stupid ive done or said

teh llama would prefer to be referred to as a dumbass

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you like people telling you the truth? :laugh: <_<

Ok, so I got a question for all of you and mabye one of you can help me make some sense of it all. A friend of mine (female) called a friend of hers (also female)cute today, and she was royally offended. She said it was the closest thing to ugly. Also she mentioned that she gets "cute" all the time(from females) and its degrading. Now in my opinion shes a nice looking girl, shes 5'5" and probabaly only weighs like 105lbs.

So can someone please explain to me why she was so offended? And how is cute = ugly? And do other women here find the word cute degrading?

anyfeedback would be appreciated since i asked a few friends and they all gave me diffrent responses. Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes!I hate it when somebody says that! You say cute to babies not women....Women want to hear they are BEAUTIFUL,haha because when someone says that you are cute you feel like they have to tell u that!

Ok, so I got a question for all of you and mabye one of you can help me make some sense of it all. A friend of mine (female) called a friend of hers (also female)cute today, and she was royally offended. She said it was the closest thing to ugly. Also she mentioned that she gets "cute" all the time(from females) and its degrading. Now in my opinion shes a nice looking girl, shes 5'5" and probabaly only weighs like 105lbs.

So can someone please explain to me why she was so offended? And how is cute = ugly? And do other women here find the word cute degrading?

anyfeedback would be appreciated since i asked a few friends and they all gave me diffrent responses. Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes!I hate it when somebody says that! You say cute to babies not women....Women want to hear they are BEAUTIFUL,haha because when someone says that you are cute you feel like they have to tell u that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

word

hear that maddog?!?!?!?!?! :ermm: