Bellazon

How is cute = ugly?

maddog107

If cute is used alone, it would suck.

Calling people "cute" means ugly.

But, if cute is used with other complimetns such as "pretty", "sexy" or if it's used to describe a certain body part such as "cute ass" instead of over-all looks, it's a compliment.

Be careful, people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

defo agreed :yes: . . . you know how to do it, Heid :cool:

Ok, so I got a question for all of you and mabye one of you can help me make some sense of it all. A friend of mine (female) called a friend of hers (also female)cute today, and she was royally offended. She said it was the closest thing to ugly. Also she mentioned that she gets "cute" all the time(from females) and its degrading. Now in my opinion shes a nice looking girl, shes 5'5" and probabaly only weighs like 105lbs.

So can someone please explain to me why she was so offended? And how is cute = ugly? And do other women here find the word cute degrading?

anyfeedback would be appreciated since i asked a few friends and they all gave me diffrent responses. Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes!I hate it when somebody says that! You say cute to babies not women....Women want to hear they are BEAUTIFUL,haha because when someone says that you are cute you feel like they have to tell u that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tell my friends that they're cute,coz in my eyes they are...I would properly call them sexy if I was attracted to them..but I'm not....So I just say cute,big deal it's just a word some people use.

But, if cute is used with other complimetns such as "pretty", "sexy" or if it's used to describe a certain body part such as "cute ass" instead of over-all looks, it's a compliment.

Be careful, people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're cute

I just don't like to say that people are ugly..so yes, i sometimes say ''cute'' when i want to say ''ugly'' or i just start feeling bad for the person :( :ninja: But still, i don't think ''cute'' is always bad or always means ''ugly'' some people are cute for real lol . But if a guy told me i was cute i wouldn't really mind...anyway,, beautiful is always better :p

Ok, so I got a question for all of you and mabye one of you can help me make some sense of it all. A friend of mine (female) called a friend of hers (also female)cute today, and she was royally offended. She said it was the closest thing to ugly. Also she mentioned that she gets "cute" all the time(from females) and its degrading. Now in my opinion shes a nice looking girl, shes 5'5" and probabaly only weighs like 105lbs.

So can someone please explain to me why she was so offended? And how is cute = ugly? And do other women here find the word cute degrading?

anyfeedback would be appreciated since i asked a few friends and they all gave me diffrent responses. Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think it's interesting that she's offended by her FRIEND calling her cute...i could understand her being upset if a guy calls her cute (assuming she's straight) but her friend? what does she want to hear? omg girl you are so fucking hot i want to bang you? lol ok i'm being facetious, but honestly, i dont expect my friends to call me pretty or beautiful, if they say cute i dont give it a second thought.

i dont really have a problem with being called cute per se...but of course, i'd prefer pretty or beautiful or sexy. i've gotten the "you're cute" line...now given that this particular guy was prone to calling girls he found atttractive "hot" i pretty much took cute as a slap in the face. so it also depends on the person who's dishing out the "compliment"

Be careful, people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

defo agreed :yes: . . . you know how to do it, Heid :cool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ooops, sorry.

It doesn't work.

Euphemism sucks.

Be careful, people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're cute

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which part?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes!I hate it when somebody says that! You say cute to babies not women....Women want to hear they are BEAUTIFUL,haha because when someone says that you are cute you feel like they have to tell u that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tell my friends that they're cute,coz in my eyes they are...I would properly call them sexy if I was attracted to them..but I'm not....So I just say cute,big deal it's just a word some people use.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also call my friends cute but I don't like it if someone says that to me hahahaa

I ususally say it when they DID something that's cute

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think it's interesting that she's offended by her FRIEND calling her cute...i could understand her being upset if a guy calls her cute (assuming she's straight) but her friend? what does she want to hear? omg girl you are so fucking hot i want to bang you? lol ok i'm being facetious, but honestly, i dont expect my friends to call me pretty or beautiful, if they say cute i dont give it a second thought.

i dont really have a problem with being called cute per se...but of course, i'd prefer pretty or beautiful or sexy. i've gotten the "you're cute" line...now given that this particular guy was prone to calling girls he found atttractive "hot" i pretty much took cute as a slap in the face. so it also depends on the person who's dishing out the "compliment"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agree depends on the person but I tell my friends they are beautidul,sexy,hot whatever lol it doesn't necessarily mean that you LIKE them in THAT way haha

Be careful, people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're cute

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which part?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You tell me! ;)

pip :atoobie:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er Sam,don't get me wrong-- when I called you cute!....cause I didn't mean it in a bad way what so ever,seriously. I meant it in a good way. :hehe:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :cain: :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not funny Ed...I'm serious,stop making me look like a fricking evil kitten molester!!

like I said cute is cute why do you guys keep changing meanings!?!?

But for heid its okay to slag him!! soo please don't let me be misunderstood..alright?