Bellazon

How is cute = ugly?

maddog107

Ok, so I got a question for all of you and mabye one of you can help me make some sense of it all. A friend of mine (female) called a friend of hers (also female)cute today, and she was royally offended. She said it was the closest thing to ugly. Also she mentioned that she gets "cute" all the time(from females) and its degrading. Now in my opinion shes a nice looking girl, shes 5'5" and probabaly only weighs like 105lbs.

So can someone please explain to me why she was so offended? And how is cute = ugly? And do other women here find the word cute degrading?

anyfeedback would be appreciated since i asked a few friends and they all gave me diffrent responses. Thanks

For me if i say cute i mean it , otherwise i would jsut say ugly.

so i dont know how she would be offended

And if anyone understood what I said, you get a cookie  :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

chocolate chip plze :p

Guest quasicartes

6. cute

What you say when you are adjective deficient and under pressure to deliver an opinion usually on appearance of something or someone.

Clueless salesgirl manning a boutique asked by a customer on how a dress looks on her. After a lot of squeaking, misaligned, rusty creaking in her cranium, she says - "I think it looks cute". Gaining confidence, she repeats it - Yeah, it looks really cute. It really look cute on you.

Barf!!!!

Source: Pir, Aug 30, 2004

13. cute

look yea, all you other definitions are wrong, it's where a girl thinks a guy is alright... but wouldnt actually suck them off or anything... aka the most annoying thing in the world.

'hey i heard that greg wants to get on you sally'

'oh really, hes cute, but no, i wouldnt suck him off'

Source: Davey and Willy, Apr 1, 2005

22. cute

What a girl calls you when you're ugly, but funny enough that she can't stop staring at you.

LaLa has a Pug. That goddamn dog is so fucking ugly, but I laugh so hard every time I see it and it licks my face and humps my leg.

That goddamn dog is CUTE !!

Source: Poster Nutbag, May 23, 2003

23. cute

1} male - used to refer to a woman who isn't exactly hot, but who he would screw anyway.

2) female - used to refer to a guy who she wouldn't even consider sexually but wishes to keep around to buy drinks, listen to whining, etc.

1) "Hey, dude, that chick over there's giving you the eye."

"Yeah, she's kinda cute..."

2) "Hey, here's your drink, and I was thinking, you know you could let me do your homework if you want to go out tomorrow. Do you want a ride back to yours?"

"Oh, thanks, you're so cute!"

Source: Efli, May 22, 2004

24. cute

What a girl calls a fat ass faggot but doesn't want to offend him .

He;s cute , but what a gay bastard .

Source: John Cock, Apr 10, 2004

25. cute

ugly, but interesting

that thing is so cute!

Source: monique, Mar 29, 2004

28. cute

interesting but U-G-L-Y

omG..she's so cuuuute

Source: mishilicious, Sep 25, 2003

29. cute

adjective used by males to describe a member of the opposite sex that is not hot enough to fuck sober and not ugly enough to ridicule.

Often used as response to the question "I think I'm ugly. What do you think?", so that the male can make the attention-whore happy enough to keep alive his chances of nailing her as a last resort.

I wanted to tell the girl that she was an ugly scag, but I haven't been laid in so long, I told her she was cute.

Source: Ingrid Bertlebee, Aug 22, 2003

30. cute

Ugly, but interesting.

Gawd is he CUTE! "barf"

Source: erin, May 5, 2003

32. cute

Ugly, yet interesting

Yoda

Source: Anon, Sep 25, 2003

^ TAKEN FROM URBANDICTIONARY.COM

Guest quasicartes

10. hot

1.someone thats EXTREMEMLY good looking but not like cute, more like sexy. when they walk by u turn ure head and wish u had a pause button or something.

Source: becky, Mar 24, 2005

^TAKEN FROM URBANDICTIONARY.COM

heh, thanks for the explanation but seriously, I think it's stupid. Why say cute and mean ugly? If I think a guy is cute I say cute.

Then again I can't remember saying to a girl that she is cute. I don't give compliments like that. I dunno why, but it just seems awkward to say that (me being a girl as well.) I don't tell girls they're gorgeous either because in most cases they are already fully aware of it and are told enough times ;)

i consider something to be cute when its something that makes that person attractive in an unorthodox manner....like say they look different when they laugh but not in a bad way....that would be cute...or if they have little habits that aren't normal but are a turn on still...thats cute...its kinda hard to give a definition without saying cute heh

When I say a guy is cute, I mean it.

And most of the time, when I say a girl is cute, I mean it. However, if I'm in a group of people and someone asks me how they look or how another person looks, I will say cute if the person is unattractive so I won't hurt feelings.

I, personally, hate being called cute. I was cute when I was 13, heck, I was probably cute at 16. But I'm almost 20. I think I'm passed the point of cute.

Cute is for puppy dogs, not women. ;)

being called cute is nice but i think as you grow up it's not much of a compliment..i'd rather be called hot or sexy or any of those words.cute makes me think of a stuffed teddy bear.

but i disagree that cute means ugly.i think it means what it means just not as effective as other terms used.

being called cute is nice but i think as you grow up it's not much of a compliment..i'd rather be called hot or sexy or any of those words.cute makes me think of a stuffed teddy bear.

but i disagree that cute means ugly.i think it means what it means just not as effective as other terms used.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

eh when i say something is cute its a massive compliment....i see hundreds of hot or sexy girls every day but something thats cute comes along once in a while....but really how many times do you hear a guy say something is cute? think back to the last time one of your male friends said cute when not trying to get laid from it.....now think of all the times he said someone was hot and you cant even keep track. i rarely even hear guys say "shes cute" when they are talking about a woman whos not extremely attractive but not bad looking either.....instead i always here "shes not bad" or "she's do-able" but not cute.

I don't think cute means ugly, but I do get fed-up with being called "cute" even though it's a compliment. I mean I am always "cute" because I'm all tiny and petite with a teeny-weeny head and itty-bitty hands and tiiiiny wittle blah blah blah! It's kind of annoying that I am always labelled as "cute", but never "beautiful".

Wow, even as a female, I never knew cute was code for ugly. When I say someone`s cute, I mean they`re actually cute..lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn't always mean ugly, at least I don't think so. I don't say things I don't mean, I'm strongly against lying but I know a lot of two faced people. :ermm: :/