Bellazon

Runway

Neo52285

rite first thanx for the gr8 pics of her with wings. :)

and second, i dun see wats wrong with her putting on weight. its a good thing tat they are puttin on weight rite? it means tat they fill into their outfits more rite? or wuld u rather see some anorexic lil lady walking the runway with wings tat are twice her weight? :yuckky:

all im saying is tat its gr8 tat they put on weight as long as theyre still hot, its fine. :drool: juz as long as they dun have flabby stuff bouncing anywhere its fine. theyre still hot.

and third. i think its relli creepy tat ppl are looking SO INTENSELY at their bodies. i mean ppl are comparing their bodies now to their bodies last yr. ppl change! :ninja: u cant expect them to keep tat body exactly the same.

pls juz dun be so critical abt their bodies. :blush: after all they deserve to binge on food once in awhile cos theyre human too. and FOR BEING SO H.O.T.T. ANYWAYS. :wub: :drool: :laugh:

I totally agree. Society has their priorities set wrong. Think about the two models that died this year...think about all the women suffering from eating disorders. Why can't you guys just lighten up about their bodies?? They look amazing! And even if they are a size 8 or 10 they would STILL look amazing in my opinion. :D

anyone know who she's pointing at?

her ex friend derek jeter was at the audience, maybee she looked at him

yep her raincoat is really crap but the 2 other outfits are sooooo nice. if im a girl i would buy the swarovski embellished garment. i like it even more than karolinas million$ bra

Yeah I liked it a lot better too. :)

i actually think adriana is still a bit too thin in my opinion. she could put a couple more pounds and look even better. izabel is way to thin and has no curves.

Alessandra and Izabel both need to gain some weight.

The fashion industry IS messed up. It's a man's industry...meaning gay men want their models to be stick thin and sorta androgenous looking (that's some speculation I think about sometimes). What happened to Marilyn Monroe normalcy? What happened to being a woman who is beautiful BECAUSE she has curves? We are afterall the sexier gender...and it's BECAUSE of our hips and mammaries...lol! :)

The fashion industry needs to get a clue. If VS told her to lose some weight...I will be very sad and mad to the point of not spending my money at that place anymore- and I'm one of their best customers! I used to work for the company for 4 years and it's VERY superficial in everything...and they are cheap when it comes to their employees. I still love the stuff...just hate their idealogies when it comes to business and women.

Me too! I wuv you AND Adriana :wub: It does seem that VS is very superfical eh? I mean they cut down reserved forests to make their catalouges and are NOT reliable at all when you order thing via email (sending half of a swimsuit and saying that they dont have the bikini top.) They employ beautiful women and the owner has more money than he can handle (he bought out LaSenza for $710 mil.) and they have great gimmick with their angels, but they are still very superficial. *nods thoughtfully* I dont know if any of that made sense...im so tired :p Thanks for the pics again Aida, you rock. and we can almost see the people in the audience so we can find out who she's pointing or waving to (i forgot which one..see im so tired)

Well thank you, I just can't understand society sometimes and how we all think. Women are so hard on each other and women don't dress entirely for men, they dress mostly to compete and challenge one another. We are so hard on each other when it comes to looks. And then it leaves room for others like the fashion industry (and gay men in the industry) to take control because of it. We let others influence our looks way too much.

And don't think I'm some ugly overweight person behind this computer who is just bitter...in fact, I'm pretty and young and healthy looking. Sure, I'd like to lose about 10 more pounds, but I definitely don't want to be skinny. I just want to be fit and healthy looking. I am tall and I know that models only make up very few percent of our population. I don't want to be a size 0 or 2. Then again, what is a size 0 or 2?? The fashion industry makes their clothes smaller so you never really know what size you truly are...

I love beauty just as much as the next person, that is why I'm on here...I adore and admire Adriana Lima's looks along with some others. So don't think I don't fall for the appeal and seduction that the fashion industry induces...afterall, I did say I am one of VS's best customers. :p I just think society and the fashion industry in general needs to lighten up a bit and not be so judgemental on physique.

Okay I'm done. :) Love this forum and I love fashion! I love the VS models too! Even if some of them do need to gain a few pounds. :D

I think one should be fit for health and not for appearance. If someone is really so reliant on their physique, it demonstrates a real lack of self-confidence. Models are at their best when they can strut down the runway with REAL pride in themselves, and not invented assurance because of their physical beauty alone. You have to be happy with body, mind and especially soul. And now I sound like a monk! :D

indeed it is *nods* This is a very in depth discussion we are having and I agree with what everyone is saying. The thing that particularly stuck out to me was that girls dress well and everything for other girls. I personally think that girls are the most critical and if im feeling particularly self conscious i'm normally more worried about what other girls are thinking just because girls are real bitches sometimes. I think that fashion is more of a reflection on socieity. Some people say it creates trends but i just think that it discovers them because why would things catch on if we didnt like them in the first place (even on some subconcious level.) Fashion designers just have a nack for finding out what we like or will like in the future and thats why i dont beleive in completley blaming the fashion industry for skinny models, because thats the image of perfection that is getting pushed at us from all areas of pop culture. I surely do not look at Izabel or Alessandra and say "omg, i wanna look like that" because i would honeslty take what i look like now over them. Sure im short as hell (4'10'') and i may have slightly big ears but no one ever notices things like that because im pleased with myself and i have enough opinions for people twice my size. Adriana looks hot as hell and I (like everyone else in this forum) appreciate her beauty, and I appreciate fashion even if it is incredibly superficial and some would even say mindless (not me of course) but I like to keep a grounded perspective on things. I know whats really right and what people really want, and I, for one do not wanna look like the oat hanger models ;) Okay NOW i am going to bed. g'night :kiss:

My two cents:

Marilyn was hot.

To expound:

She wasn't thin. She has some meat on her bones. She was very curvy. And everyone went BANANAS over her. Adriana looks like she's putting on some weight, and I like it. I agree that Alessandra and Isabel could use some weight. Gisele doesn't need it because she isn't scary thin. She's like, lean and athletic and she's tall. I for one don't think seeing rib cages is that sexy.

Anyway, thats my two cents.

Bottom line, Adriana has to stay hot. Just as long as she doesnt get skeletal or makes her heels break under the weight, I'm cool.

Marilyn Monroe actually had a 23 inch waist (thinner than Alessandra's, who has been mentioned as an example of what is too skinny). Her hips and breasts were a little bigger than Ale's (only by 2-3 inches), but she was also a lot shorter. If she was stretched out to the same height as Ale, she wouldn't have looked much different from her. If you take one group of measurements from a tall person who looks very skinny, squash them down into a short person, the short person will look curvy even if they have identical measurements to the tall, skeletal-looking woman.

I also agree that everyone should take emphasis off of being super skinny as well as taking emphasis off of being super curvy. Instead of saying "being thin is the only way to be beautiful!" or "being curvy is the only way to be a real woman!" I think all body types should be embraced and shown as being normal and beautiful.

Marilyn Monroe actually had a 23 inch waist (thinner than Alessandra's, who has been mentioned as an example of what is too skinny). Her hips and breasts were a little bigger than Ale's (only by 2-3 inches), but she was also a lot shorter. If she was stretched out to the same height as Ale, she wouldn't have looked much different from her. If you take one group of measurements from a tall person who looks very skinny, squash them down into a short person, the short person will look curvy even if they have identical measurements to the tall, skeletal-looking woman.

I also agree that everyone should take emphasis off of being super skinny as well as taking emphasis off of being super curvy. Instead of saying "being thin is the only way to be beautiful!" or "being curvy is the only way to be a real woman!" I think all body types should be embraced and shown as being normal and beautiful.

The BMI (body mass index) is the formula used to determine a healthy body weight due to height. An underweight BMI is 18.5 or less, normal is 18.5 - 24.9, overweight is 25.0 - 29.9, obese is 30.0-39.9 and extremly obese is 40 or higher. Marilyn was 120 lbs so if you were to make her 6 feet tall and keep her weight they same her BMI would be 21.5 which would still be considered healthy. Heres a link to a BMI chart if anyone is curious...:

BMI Chart

Hi everyone :wave:

Can someone please, please, please post some HQ pictures of Adriana Lima during VSFS 2003?

Thanks in advance!

Here you go, that's all I have right now.

lima204id9.th.jpglima2052sl8.th.jpglima2053dq0.th.jpglima2054lg0.th.jpg

lima2055km7.th.jpglima20514nj8.th.jpglima20515mg2.th.jpg

Thank you!

Guys, can I please have some more? I'm doing a "Sexiest..." countdown and I'm responsible for Adriana Lima pictures and I have been searching and collecting like crazy but I can't find decent size and quality of this particular Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

Can someone please, please, please post some HQ pictures of Adriana Lima during VSFS 2003?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you!

Guys, can I please have some more? I'm doing a "Sexiest..." countdown and I'm responsible for Adriana Lima pictures and I have been searching and collecting like crazy but I can't find decent size and quality of this particular Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

i'm fairly sure there are lots of those on this forum as well as bw forums... http://www.bwgreyscale.com/discussion_boards/index.php

The BMI (body mass index) is the formula used to determine a healthy body weight due to height. An underweight BMI is 18.5 or less, normal is 18.5 - 24.9, overweight is 25.0 - 29.9, obese is 30.0-39.9 and extremly obese is 40 or higher. Marilyn was 120 lbs so if you were to make her 6 feet tall and keep her weight they same her BMI would be 21.5 which would still be considered healthy. Heres a link to a BMI chart if anyone is curious...:

BMI Chart

I looked at the link you provided and if you calculate height and weight yourself (which you can do at the bottom of the screen) you will see that the BMI for a 5'10" women who's only 120 pounds is VERY underweight. Their BMI is only 17. Anything below 18.5 is considered underweight and unhealthy. Most of the models who weight 120 are considered very underweight. Underweight people do not live as long as those in the healthy BMI range. 5'10" and 130 is considered a 'healthy' BMI. And even at 130 pounds, you're at the low/thin end of the BMI...only 18.7. At 140 pounds and 5'10" you're BMI would be only 20, so still low but at least in the healthy range. If Marilyn Monroe had really been 6 feet and 120 pounds, she would hardly be alive her BMI would be sooooo low. (around 16..which is off the charts) She would have been anorexic.

Here's another BMI link where you can calculate how much you weight yourself....Most people are in the healthy range, but models are not. I would say Adriana has a healthy BMI. I'm guessing her weight is between 130-140 which is still considered thin, but healthy. Anything below this and she would be considered under-weight according to the BMI, which can cause heart problems later in life. Of course if you're short (5'3") and 130 you're still in the healthy range but up on the high end (23). You'd probably look very plump. The thing about being tall, is that you can weight quite a lot and still look very thin especially if your small boned to begin with.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm

Thanks in advance!

if you want hq pics of adriana go to this website (its made by one the bellazon members called jewels) but you need to register which is quick and easy to do and it will give great collection of pics of adriana during the vs show! and much much more!

Adriana Website!