Bellazon

News

Neo52285

ADRIANA LIMA is the "grandma" of the Angels - joining Alessandra Ambrosio as the longest-serving Angel, having both walked in a staggering 13 shows - but she still isn't tired of the lingerie extravaganza.

"I'm definitely the grandma," she laughed, as we caught up with her at a lunch in London - following an appearance at her "favourite Victoria's Secret shop," the brand's New Bond Street store. "I first walked in the show in 2000, but I was working with the brand even before that actually. My first show, Stephanie Seymour and Karen Mulder were in it too - and it is amazing to have done the show for so long… I love the new girls, though. Cara is so cool. I love the girls that they choose, they are always super nice, really excited. It's just the most fun job."

Even if she does consider herself a "grandma" in Victoria's Secret terms, Lima reveals that there are some definite benefits to having modelled for so long - like never having to endure trying on clothes in a shop fitting room again.

"I never try anything on, actually," she said. "After so long wearing so many different styles, I can look at something and know if it will suit me; even sunglasses. It's great - I just say, I don't need to try them, I'll take these! It's the same with Victoria's Secret, the designers know what we all like to wear - the colours and shapes we like - and they really listen to us."

Straight from London, Lima heads to Dubai with Victoria's Secret for more store visits, before she travels home to Miami for a family Christmas with her husband Marko and daughters Sienna, one, and four-year-old Valentina - the latter of whom is really quite excited about the holiday season.

"She's a bit afraid of Santa," Lima said, "but she is definitely excited about the presents! We're having to work hard to stop her opening them all before the day. She loves the tree too, so it will just be a big family day. And turkey is traditional in Brazil too, so that's what we'll have."

vogue.co.uk

It's not every day you're invited for lunch by a Victoria's Secret Angel so when Adriana Lima asked Grazia Daily to be her dinner guest, we were there with wings bells on. Clad in curve-hugging black leather trousers and a creamy blouse under a tweed jacket, Adriana greeted us at the The Connaught Hotel in London. 'Welcome!' she cooed with her impossibly glossy ponytail swishing around her shoulders. Hostess with the mostess indeed.

The Brazilian stunner is in our fair city to launch the lingerie giant's new Christmas collection and that evening, she would strike a pouty pose at Victoria's Secret flagship on Bond Street. But for now, Adriana was here to regale us with tales of catwalking fun and her plans for Christmas. Sitting at the head of a VS-tastic table (pink bows, white roses and a LOT of sparkling undies), we enjoyed a delicious meal of scallops and chocolate pudding - and yes, she ate! We know!

As the longest serving Angel of the Victoria's Secret crew (she began working with the brand in 1999 and has worn the Fantasy Bra twice), Adriana has come to see them as a second family. 'Everybody is so passionate about what they do and the team are very considerate of us,' she said. 'During fittings for the show, they'll ask whether we feel comfortable and if they can adjust anything. We're actually very involved in the process and are asked what we think about the outfits, the themes and who should perform.'

Has she ever requested to change outfits? 'Trust me, the designers know what my favourite styles are and what suits me so I'm always happy with the result.' In fact, plans for next year's show are already underway and costumes are being tested and approved.

We wonder whether Adriana pulls a 'Sasha Fierce' and channels a particular character when she's stomping the runway. 'It's not a different character because it's still a part of myself,' the 32-year-old says. 'We're encouraged to show our own personalities so we're not pretending, it comes naturally. What you see is who we are. That's what makes it so exciting and different to regular fashion shows.'

Speaking of personality, Adriana beams when we mention a certain Cara Delevingne. 'She's so fun. I love her! The new girls do get nervous, but everyone's so nice backstage and we have so much fun that they're soon put at ease'.

Ms Lima's favourite outfit from this year's show was the red lace ensemble with ginormous feathered wings, but when it comes to her own style she's a tad less extravangant. 'I don't spend a lot of time shopping because I've learned what I like. I don't need to try anything on so if something doesn't fit when I get home, I'll wear it when I've lost a few pounds.' And if she finds something she likes, she gets one in every colour. Who knew VS stars were so fuss free? 'You have to be when you have kids!' she laughs.

Yes, Adriana is the mother of two daughters Valentina and Sienna who, she tells us, are hugely excited about the festive season (although they're scared of Santa). 'I've lived in America for fifteen years so we celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with pumpkin pie and turkey.' And mince pies, right? 'Mince? In pies?!' She looks aghast. We assure her they're sweet - and very delicious. 'Ooh, I'll have to try those'.

grazia live

So I am confused. I thought she was going to be at the Mall of Emirates and the bra at the Dubai Mall?

I'm headed to ‪#‎Dubai‬! Come see me at The Dubai Mall on Monday, Dec. 16 from 6-8pm. The new ‪#‎VSFantasyBra‬ will be on display, and I'll be signing autographs. See you there! ‪#‎VSHoliday‬

Maybe the PR event will be in Mall of Emirates but the signing will be at the Dubai Mall? IDK

I am loving ‪#‎Dubai‬ today! Remember: come see me at Mall of the Emirates on Monday, Dec. 16 from 6-8pm for autographs! On the same day, the new ‪#‎VSFantasyBra‬ will be on display at The Dubai Mall. ‪#‎VSHoliday‬

• 4 weeks later...

Prominent watch enthusiasts including Kevin Spacey, Susan Sarandon, Ewan McGregor and many other high-profile celebrities like the top models Karolina Kurkova and Adriana Lima, FORMULA ONE drivers Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton as well as football legend Luís Figo will be welcomed at the IWC booth on Tuesday 21 January. They will be given an insight in the new Aquatimer collection before attending IWC’s glamorous gala evening entitled “Inside the Wave”. The highlight of the evening will be a performance designed especially for IWC by Cirque du Soleil, whose artists will perform with musical interludes provided by former Supertramp vocalist Roger Hodgson.

247feature.com

• 2 weeks later...