Bellazon

News

Neo52285

She'll be in the next Balmain campaign. 

post-61717-0-1446078184-65796_thumb.jpg

An other day at work with the talented @adrianalima@joansmalls @cristacober @isabelifontana_official@balenciaga campaign creative director@pascaldangin #kidscreative #family #balmain #campaign #whatidobest #choreograph more to come very soon thanks to @olivier_rousteing very talented.

She's got to be model of the year at this point…I mean who else in the industry has had a year like this?

I can name a few. I think the question who else in this industry this year has been working like her. I honestly can't recall anybody besides doutzen I think, but even then... Adriana having the fantasy bra tips it over. She really has had an outstanding year literally been having work put out from January - December. Some of them being big vogue covers too.

She's got to be model of the year at this point…I mean who else in the industry has had a year like this?

I can name a few. I think the question who else in this industry this year has been working like her. I honestly can't recall anybody besides doutzen I think, but even then... Adriana having the fantasy bra tips it over. She really has had an outstanding year literally been having work put out from January - December. Some of them being big vogue covers too.

Yeah I'm talking specifically about 2014. I think she has to be in the top 5-10 overall in the industry for the year with Vogue covers, campaigns, contracts, a fantasy bra; it's been pretty major for her and a big contrast from other years as far as the consistency in HF work, which I think plays into it.

How Adriana Lima Gets Victoria's Secret Fashion Show-Ready

With the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 18 days away, it’s “crunch time.” If you’ve seen the #trainlikeanangel hashtag popping up on Instagram alongside Angels doing some very, very intense workouts, you probably already know that we’re down to the wire. Like with one of our favorite Angels, Adriana Lima: When we caught up with her last week at her fitting for the $2 million Fantasy Bra, we could tell she’s been busy getting into fighting shape (or…even better shape than she’s already, usually in?). And while she told us “I love to work out; it’s a passion of mine, and even if I did not have this job I would be working out,” we have to wonder if the fact that she does one of the most fun and easiest-to-do-anywhere workouts sparks some of that enthusiasm. Below, how she’s prepping to sport lingerie in front of 9 million viewers on Tuesday, December 9:

How do you get in the mindset to train like an Angel?

I love to watch [boxing] on TV; it’s something that fits my personality. I think that’s the secret about working out, to find something that fits your personality. I’m very energetic. I can’t stay still. I’m all over the place, and I need to move around. So that’s something perfect [about boxing]: You’re always moving, you’re constantly moving no matter what.

Did you play sports growing up?

Yes, I was an athletic child, yes. I did play sports, everything like futbol—I mean soccer—basketball, handball, running, everything. I did everything, but my passion is boxing.

Have you ever gone head to head with anybody in the ring?

I actually train in the ring, yeah. Usually I do mitts—you know, those big cushioning things, the pads that you just hit on?—that’s what I do. But I use it as exercise; I don’t do it for anything else. Boxing for me is [great because] it takes so much of your concentration. You need a lot of focus. If I go running, for example, I will be thinking about everything: what I’m gonna do, what’s the next thing, I think about everything. When I do boxing, it brings me to a zen place, because you have to focus and you can not think about anything else. And I love that.

What about your diet and eating habits, especially in the month coming up. Do you have cheat days?

Of course I do have my cheat days.

But do you try to keep on track, especially knowing you’re going to be in front of millions of people very soon?

Honestly, it’s different now because I’m not young anymore. I’m 33, so you need to watch what you eat. I want to live very long, so I definitely believe that you are what you eat and the only way for you to have a long healthy life is really to take care of your food habits. That’s where everything starts. Also I have two kids at home, I want to be a good example for them. I really try to eat as healthy as I possibly can. Vegetables, protein, knowing how to balance the right amount of carbs—that’s for me not my kids. Because my metabolism is slowing down right now, I have to be careful now.

What about after you finish working out, do you have a snack that you eat?

After I work out I always have a protein shake. I make it with a banana and you can use almond milk, water, or whatever you like. Every day it’s important [to drink this] after you work out, especially if you do muscle-building work.

What about after the show? Do you have a ritual, like a post-show meal?

Usually I have my mom with me at the show and some friends, so after the show we all go and have a dinner together. This year I think my whole family is gonna come to London, so we’re probably gonna go to Nobu and have dinner since my mom loves sushi.

Are you excited to go to London? Is it going change your preparation at all because it’s going to be in a new place?

A little bit, but I will work out there. I’m not sure how many days in advance we’re going to arrive there prior to the show. I will have my jump rope with me; it’s something easy I can do. And I can do some exercises in the room; I don’t need a full gym. That’s something about boxing: You can just do some shadow boxing and that’s it, you don’t need a fully equipped gym to do it.

http://www.elle.com/news/fashion-style/adriana-lima-victorias-secret-fashion-show

Pirelli Calendar Star Adriana Lima on Tattoos and What Car to Drive if You Want to Impress Her

Adriana Lima is one of the biggest models in the world. But you already knew that. You might remember her from myriad Victoria's Secret campaigns and runway shows since 2000. Or from her work representing Maybelline, Guess?, Armani, and Valentino. She will earn more than $8 million this year, according to Forbes -- almost a million more than in 2013.

She has also posed three times for the calendar Pirelli has published since 1964.

I spoke with the Brazilian star -- and devout Catholic -- about that calendar at a midtown hotel in New York last month. She wore a short shimmering dress under a crisp black blazer. When I entered she strode up in sky-high heels that might as well have been crocs, for how easily she moved. Here's part of our conversation.

Hannah Elliott: Well this isn't exactly your first time working for Pirelli. How did this year compared to previous years?

Adriana Lima: Well I wasn't pregnant!

Elliott: That's a big difference.

Lima: Every single shoot you have a different approach because there are different ideas. But it definitely for me was an honor to be working with Pirelli again and especially with having Steven Meisel as a photographer.

I'm a fan of his work. He's so special in the way he captures his pictures. It's always cinematic. I love the calendar this year. It's very strong images, but yet I think it's very feminine. We are making art.

Elliott: Tell me about your image in the compilation.

Lima: I am happy with my picture. I am. I love it. I am wearing, like, latex. And I have this cap on my head. My hair is a little bit wet. My makeup is a little bit smokey eye. And the skin is very -- how do you say -- not a lot of foundation on the skin. But I like it. It has a little bit of a modern pin-up feel to it.

Elliott: I can see you have a few tattoos. Do they show in the photo?

Lima: In the position that I'm in, no, you don't see them.

Elliott: Did you ever worry that getting tattoos would hurt your modeling career?

Lima: I never had any concern, actually; it's not like I have a million.

Male Assistant: [shouting from the corner] You should tell her the story about that one tattoo!

Elliott: Tell me!

Elliott: Well that sounds very memorable. Anyway. This shoot is full of icons -- styled by Carine Roitfeld, make-up by Pat McGrath. Did it feel very different from other shoots because of just how talented and famous these people are? Or was it just another day at the office for you?

Lima: What I love about Steven Meisel is that since the minute you walk in he senses the ambiance to take you to the character of the picture that we are taking.

He's a very calm person, very talented, so you always know that whatever you do you are in the hands of the best. So whatever comes up is going to be beautiful.

I know that in the calendar there is a lot of skin involved, and a lot of people ask questions about “Isn't that uncomfortable?” I'm like, you know I understand, but the image -- you're making art. You're building a character. So the beauty of Pirelli is that they enjoy woman in many different forms and that is what they are trying to take it out there.

Elliott: Before you shot for the first time, when you were a lot younger, did you know what Pirelli was? I'm curious because I've spoken with other models who had no idea what Pirelli was before they were in the calendar.

Lima: Of course.

Elliott: You knew it was tires?

Lima: Yes -- they have jackets, too!

Elliott: Very true! So if someone wanted to impress you, what kind of car should they drive?

Lima: A Kia Sorento. Seven seats. Haha.

Assistant: That's what she's driving now.

Lima: Really, I'm not joking!

Assistant: It's really pimped out, though.

Elliott: So you live in Miami, and you have that.

Lima: Yes.

Elliott: Do you have a driver?

Lima: No, I drive myself. I'm a good driver. I'm a safe driver. I have never had a ticket. Really! I have my kids in the back. Safe.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-18/pirelli-calendar-star-adriana-lima-on-tattoos-and-what-car-to-drive-if-you-want-to-impress-her.html?hootPostID=6dc60f7b50f4f808ee385bb09380ec37

maybe they are separate? like the tats on her foot are two symbols and they don't connect/touch so maybe they are two tattoos just on the same body part

yesterday someone on twitter asked the interviewer about adrianas tattoos.

@zack_alias:

@HannahElliott i liked your interview with adriana lima, but one question, i thougt she has just one tattoo. or does she has more?

Hannah Elliott

@zack_alias She has a handful, mostly out of view