Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

What that means? She didn't signed "angel's contract" yet or what?
Angels are somewhat exclusive spokespeople. Usually they are the ones who sell the best/bring in the most press/get people to come at their events.

Like with any brand, the models gets booked once, if they like her she comes again and if they really like her she gets a contract instead of "bookings". VS has catalog girls and Angels, who do more talking. New Faces are usually the term they use when speaking of a possible rising star. Some become Angels (Lindsay, Chanel...) some don't (Arlenis, Katsia...).

Aha and what about girls like Edita, Maryna, Magda.... VS use them a lot, sometimes more then Adriana, and they don't have some "title". Is it possible they refuse to be Faces or Angels, bc of exclusivity?

And when we are there, what's exclusivity like when you are Face?

Please note that I am no insider.

But basically, the more expensive the contract, the more exclusive it gets. I don't think that there's much exclusivity when they are "New Faces", considering quite a few of them drop off the face of the Earth as fast as they appeared (Arlenis for instance appeared in like one campaign), it's just a term VS uses for the ones to watch.

At most they have a catalog contract, meaning they are booked regularly but must be restricted as to which brands they are allowed to model for/model in when they do editorials (like I don't think Maryna models swim for other brands) but it seems that exclusivity has gone down. I mean Erin, Lindsay, Behati... have all done swimwear/lingerie for other brands while being "Angels". But I guess they have to check with VS first if that's ok or not.

All in all, the more events/speaking they do, the more likely they are to be Angels. The more official lists being:

-VSAllAccess, but they still list Rosie who hasn't worked for them in over a year (despite calling the page "Get to know the 2011 Fashion show models"),

-the fashion show credits, but listed Lais who has yet to do any event with them, probably because she was in the commercials

-the "Angel line-up" thingy they make before every show but we have like 5 months to wait at least

-getting a Meet our Angels (as opposed to Bombshells or Supermodels or whatever), for instance Elsa Hosk has never gotten anything besides "PINK model Elsa", but now with Toni... Then again it's the Dream Angels line, so maybe this explains that...

I noticed they pick certain new faces for certain lines of the VS brand. I really Toni is perfrct for the Dream Angels line because she has that angelic look. Other models that have worked perfectly for Dream Angels would be Gisele, Miranda and Candice. When I think of a Dream Angel model I think of statues of cherubs and angels amd golden or bleach blonde hair. When I think of a Pink model I think of young, cute and fun. I could never, for example, see Adriana Lima doing Pink. Adriana is more of the bombshell swimsuit, valentine's day, retro and super flirty lingerie. Each line has a model that fits it. Most of the models can usually do more than one but some dominate certain lines because they have that 'look'.

An Exclusive Interview with Dream Angels Star, Toni Garrn

Though rumors were aflutter last week that 19-year-old Toni Garrn signed a contract as the newest Victoria’s Secret Angel, it turns out this German beauty is actually just starring as the face for the brand’s latest Dream Angels bra campaign - at least for now.

We caught up with Toni to hear all about her experience working with Lindsey, Erin, and the VS team. Check out our exclusive interview with Toni below!

Modelinia: How were you discovered?

Toni: I was discovered at 13 during the World Cup in Hamburg while walking down the street with my best friend. An agent approached me and asked me if I wanted to be a model… I had never thought about modeling before. That led to a booking to walk the runway for Calvin Klein and the rest from there is history.

Modelinia: What was your first big break into fashion?

Toni: In 2008 I was signed to an exclusive contract with Calvin Klein which is one of the most coveted modeling contracts. It took my career to a whole new level and everything just grew from there!

Modelinia: Is this your first time shooting a campaign with Victoria’s Secret? What was the shoot for? Where was it located?

Modelinia: My very first time working with VS was for the 2011 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show last November. It was such a thrill to walk the runway with all the angels and to see it on television. Then in January I got the call to star in the campaign for the new Dream Angels bra collection. Shooting this campaign was so exciting! We shot it in January with Russell James and it was myself, Erin Heatherton and Lindsay Ellingson. Working for VS is every model’s dream and I feel lucky to have been chosen for this campaign.

Modelinia: What was it like working with Russell James?

Toni: He’s such a pro and really knows how to make you feel comfortable. The photos turned out so beautiful!

Modelinia: What is shooting for VS like vs other modeling jobs?

Toni: I’m from Germany and everyone there knows Victoria’s Secret even though there are no stores there so working for VS is something I’m very proud to have added to my repertoire. Also -VS works with the best photographers, hair & makeup so I always know the pictures will be beautiful and everyone at the brand is so warm and gracious. I also love working with all the girls like Erin and Lindsay who I’m in this new campaign with. It’s like a family on set. I look forward to more shoots with VS.

Modelinia: What was it like working with Erin Heatherton and Lindsay Ellingson? Did they give any tips for working with the VS brand?

Toni: They are great and they made me feel very comfortable on set. We had a lot of fun shooting together and Miami was the perfect backdrop.

Modelinia: The New Dream Angels collection really reflects the colors of spring. Which is your favorite?

Toni: Well I love the one I’m wearing in the campaign! It’s the newest Dream Angels bra which adds 2 cup sizes and I wore it in this beautiful, vibrant bright pink color. It has romantic lace detailing on the sides and is perfect for spring!

modelinia

@ Love is Heavenly VS event with Erin and Lindsay April 17 2012 HQ

post-19430-0-1446430723-4832_thumb.jpg post-19430-0-1446430723-49296_thumb.jpg post-19430-0-1446430723-50688_thumb.jpg post-19430-0-1446430723-5182_thumb.jpg

LQ

post-19430-0-1446430723-52571_thumb.jpg post-19430-0-1446430723-53294_thumb.jpg post-19430-0-1446430723-53981_thumb.jpg

Toni looked great :thumbsup:

Keeping my fingers crossed for her to stay with the same hair color and natural tan, I don`t want her to get totally fake tan like Erin and platinum blonde hair like Lindsay.