Bellazon

Erin Heatherton
Thumbnail

chrisis511

Exactly! Samiot I respect your opinion but I feel like you are sort of defending the brand. Yes the models are on contract to keep a certain body measurements etc, but the fact is everyone's body changes with age. Just because someone isn't a size 0 doesn't mean they can't be fit, toned, and look damn good. VS has had a trend where they have been employing skinnier and skinnier models each year. And yes like any workplace the people in charge play favorites. Erin simply wasn't one of their favorites. Heidi, Adri, Ale, can walk the show post baby with flabby stomachs and I doubt VS told them they're "too fat". VS has always been a popularity contest and the fake ass relationships where the models claim to be all "good friends" is absurd. What I don't like about this brand is their hypocrisy. If you go to their youtube comments their main fan base are young underage girls aspiring to be like that and when they have their models speak that VS only employs voluptuous, curvy, fit woman, well that bullshit lie makes me laugh because most of their models are not voluptuous at all.  When the hell was Erin not fit enough for them? I thought she looked quite good in the 2013 show, her legs look amazing to me. It was nice to see normal fit toned legs as opposed to just skin and bone on the runway. Looking at the following video you can easily see Erin had the best legs in the segment, that's why even VS panned the camera from her legs upwards at 3:11 to show how good she looked. If this is "too fat" for VS then WTF I'm at a loss for words. 

It is true that there has been a trend towards a certain type of girl in the past decade, decade and a half.

The likes of Laetitia Casta, Naomi Campbell, Tyra Banks and even Heidi Klum had different body types to the ones now on their roster.

I would say that their current crop is collectively more petite, girlish.

I'm sure there is a certain market strategy behind that change of direction, but not necessarily one I applaud.

I hear you Bak66, I really do, but I'd like you consider a few points here.  First, I am not defending VS at all.  As they have elected not to respond (an approach that I consider the correct professional behavior) we'll never know their side of the story, and most of your criticism of them is pure speculation and your own feelings (which you are entitled to). They are no more to blame than M&S, La Perla, Etam or any other lingerie company that selects models to reach out to their desired marketing demographic.  If you don't like their ideas of what women should look like, show your displeasure by not purchasing any of their products.  If enough people do this it will move the company to change.  Free market rules here.

Models are much like any athlete, or employee of a company; they are paid to perform at a certain level and when they can't do it any longer they get fired, traded, or retire.

I get that Erin's body may have changed, in fact it might have made it more likely for her to be in SI.  It's just not what VS wanted anymore, and since VS is paying, they get to chose. I understand that it is rejection, but it is expected in this industry, and a model has to be professional about it.  Erin just wasn't.

It's probably just a mistake/mistype, but she did a podcast and the description is "Former model Erin Heatherton gets brutally honest about the modeling industry." I'm guessing they meant to say Former Victoria's Secret model? But then looking through this thread and her instagram, she doesn't seem to be working at all. :idk: SI is the last thing she's done. I'm only at the start of the podcast, but it already sounds like she's willing to burn a lot of bridges in this thing. 

http://www.feralaudio.com/show/weird-adults-little-esther/

Yeah, she cannot keep on the same topic for more than three seconds. :ninja: And she can't answer the podcasters questions with a simple, solid answer. She's all over the place, and never really answers it.  

She said she lost her job due to a thyroid issue. (And then all her friends ditched her.) 

"What I do for a living is sell things to people that they don't need to impress people they don't like." Yeah, this girl is done modelling. :rofl: