Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

Those Phillies are soooo hot right now. They are now 1 game behind the Mets in NL East. :ninja:

The Mets have been scuffling for the past week and it is not going to get any easier. Upcoming games: Cardinals, Yankees, Phillies. :confused: :wacko:

Damn with that schedule it looks like theres gonna be a new first place team in the NL east soon :p

I hear RJ is pitching for the Yankees on Friday...let me congratulate the Mets now on winning this upcoming Friday's game :ermm:

Pedro vs. Randy...it should be fun. Maybe Johnson will bring his "A" game.

Those Phillies are soooo hot right now. They are now 1 game behind the Mets in NL East. :ninja:

The Mets have been scuffling for the past week and it is not going to get any easier. Upcoming games: Cardinals, Yankees, Phillies. :confused: :wacko:

Damn with that schedule it looks like theres gonna be a new first place team in the NL east soon :p

Not so fast. You guys have the Brew Crew, Red Sox, and the Mets. That's no cake walk.

I hear RJ is pitching for the Yankees on Friday...let me congratulate the Mets now on winning this upcoming Friday's game :ermm:

Pedro vs. Randy...it should be fun. Maybe Johnson will bring his "A" game.

:nicole:

good one!!!

oh wait, you were serious? :dontgetit:

:rofl:

sadly I don't count on it :( I'm actually thinking both of them are gonna get smacked around a bit...but that's probably just wishful thinking. It'll likely be RJ getting bitchslapped...and Pedro dominating heh. But I am totally looking forward to this weekend nonetheless. Subway series baby! woooooo! :ddr:

:laugh: Hey hey now! We've flirted with first place in our division a few times :p

We've won two less games then the Mets, and lost one more than them. I don't think they're really that unevenly matched, and so I expect this to be a good series :)

To be sure though, I'd have to know the other two pitching matchups. I really don't watch the National League enough to know what the pitchers on the Mets look like on paper.

I'm not sure about the Saturday and Sunday games because I know the Mets are a little leerly about giving Jose Lima another start. It could be Jeremi Gonzalez on Saturday and Glavine on Sunday. I don't know what Yankee starting rotation sets up for the weekend.

Starting rotation - Even

Bullpen - Mets

Offense - Even with Sheff and Matsui out

Bench - Yanks

So yeah, the match up well. :)

Man I'm really gonna miss Sheff and Matsui, especially for this series. But David Wright isn't hitting that well so thats good. :whistle: Pitching matchups- I assume Game 2 is Moose vs. Glavine? Who's for Game 3? My guess is series goes to the Mets 2-1 unfortunately since Yanks are a lil 'crippled'.

I'm not sure about the Saturday and Sunday games because I know the Mets are a little leerly about giving Jose Lima another start. It could be Jeremi Gonzalez on Saturday and Glavine on Sunday. I don't know what Yankee starting rotation sets up for the weekend.

Starting rotation - Even

Bullpen - Mets

Offense - Even with Sheff and Matsui out

Bench - Yanks

So yeah, the match up well. :)

cool, thanks for that little comparison :)

Aside from RJ, I actually have been pleasantly surprised with the pitching. I don't think it's great but it does seem better than last year. Maybe I'm just delusional though :laugh: Our team ERA is certainly decent though...not hovering around 5 like last year hahaha :|

edit: oh wait that's a lie...we were around 4.50 last year...what joy :ermm:

Jorge has always been reliable in my book, just more of a factor in the past. But yes, he was godly tonight. :thumbsup: Still I prefer the Yanks of the past who aren't monster sluggers but reliable and usually come through with a single here there at the right times. I'm talking about Paul Oneil, Tino Martinez, Bernie, Jorge,Brosius, Jeter together. That was better baseball imo.