Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

Lets get Curt Schilling on the case!

Heh, Curt Schilling has an opinion about everything. And he'll say stuff that he shouldn't but I personally respect that he's honest. He's a player that I love to hate, especially when he's on the Red Sox.

Dodgers ain't really scoring too many runs, but they are still doing just enough to win. Flea, you have to COOLEST AVATOR!!! :D :yes: And I thought I represented SoCal to the fullest. You should go to the West Coast thread and bump it. Connect with your fellow West Coasters.

I had Russel Martin, Rafael Furcal and Jeff Kent on my fantasy team. I sort of dropped Martin (because I have Victor Martinez) but damn has Martin been on fire. Furcal and Kent not so much. Oh well.

I'm a Devil Rays fan and wish the Rays's GM was as good as the Dodgers's GM. I'm still thinking that the Dioner Navarro and Jae Seo trade for Mark Hendrickson and Toby Hall was a terrible decision. Navarro's batting under .200 and Seo was by far the worst starter in the AL and demoted to the minors.

BTW The Devil Rays won today. Nobody cares? FYI James Shields on the Devil Rays has improved to 5-0 and lowered his ERA to 3.08 during a season in which he should have far more wins. He has now exited all 12 of his starts this season with the lead or the game tied, and he has worked seven-plus innings in 10 of his 12 starts, including nine straight.

Damn 5-0 diddnt know that

and u made a big mistake with martin :)

No one generally knows anything about the Devil Rays. They get no media exposure because of how badly managed they are. As the Yankees continue to flounder, the Rays may get more exposure but only due to the comparison of how bad both teams are. The Dodgers are most likely paying money to the Devil Rays because of revenue sharing and the Devil Rays don't really even spend the money that they get because they are priced out of free agent signings by higher profile teams. Such is life in Tampa.

Kazmir's been struggling to get through 5 innings this season because he keeps trying to strike out batters all the time. He's finally starting to make progress.

On another note, the devil Rays blew a 6 run lead in the ninth inning. That's what happens when the manager pitches the closer three days in a row (and twice we were getting killed). :angry:

I like him too. He may not be the best player but he gives you a sense that he tries. I like players who hustle and come through in the clutch and he has been that type of guy for us.

Johhny Gomes had a similar demeanor that earned him a lot of fans. But he got hurt last year and management decided that he didn't have the right to defend his position on the team. They really killed his career. Instead they allow a covicted criminal to patrol CF (Dukes) and the infamous bat throwing Delmon Young (which the paper called a natural). Dukes has been making death threats against his wife and even showed up to the school where she teaches to threaten her. Not to mention that he has had the police called for domestic disturbances when he chokes women. And he has like 4 children out of wedlock to different mothers. It really disgusts me when athletes are rewarded for bad behavior just because they have "talent". I don't think either Dukes or Young is batting higher than .250 either.

Man, the Devil Rays really like to live up to the name. Don't tell me Carl Crawford beats up old ladies, too. When I'm tired of all the Red Sox overexposure, I like to look at the Marlins. I'm all about Dan Uggla and I also like me some Hanley Ramirez. I hear Josh Johnson is doing well in rehab, I liked the look of him last year.

Man, the Devil Rays really like to live up to the name.

They submitted some paperwork to MLB for name changing. So next year they're either going to be just 'The Rays' or something else entirely. Hopefully it won't be excessive and redundant like the LA Angels of Anaheim. There should only be one 'LA' on the box score. None of this 'LAA' or "LAD' crap.

And the Dodgers - Rays game is gonna be in Tampa. There's a turn-back the clock game in the series so the Dodgers get to wear their Brooklyn outfits. What the Devil Rays will wear? They definitely weren't around in the 50s. My dad said they should just wear jock-straps.

When I'm tired of all the Red Sox overexposure...

The Red Sox have been so dominating that their exposure is generally justified. There is always going to be an east coast bias in the media. At least I perceive a bias. For some reason no one really cares about the Padres or the Indians or the Mariners who are really running on all cylinders at the moment. And the Cardinals are really bringing it now. They'll be in first place in no time. It's really hard to believe, they were really terrible for a while.