Bellazon

That Time Of The Month

moiselles

You've never had a PAP appointment? They stick two or three different cotton swabs inside you, feel around to make sure everything feels right inside. A couple other different things .. take tissue samples. It's pretty painless.

Most women don't need PAP or Gyno exams until they start having sex, but I would reccommend going to them when you're around 18-20 anyway, even if you're still a virgin.

What do they do to you down there? Ive never been to a gyno.. I dono If I should Go, whats the purpose and what do they do to you :S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should go, because that's how you can tell if you have cervical cancer:( and that's the only way to find out, and or if you have blood clots on your overies. Ect.

I'm turning 20 soon and that's when you have to go have a cervical smear done in the UK (apparently. My doctor has never said anything about it). I'm kind of nervous about it, though. My mum hasn't exactly helped; she made it sound horrible and scary. I've had breast exams before, but the person who did them really hurt me; I nearly cried! :cry:

Does anyone know if they can tell whether you've had sex or not? The reason why I'm asking is because my mum said I had to lie that I had a boyfriend to go on the pill (I had the most awful pains, nausea, loss of appetite, fever, etc. and nothing was working to get rid of those things) and so I did. My friend and her mother go to the same doctors and they didn't have to lie to go on it, even though they wanted the pills just so they wouldn't have their period when they went on holiday! When I told my doctor I had all those horrible pains and everything, they wouldn't give it to me. I don't know why going on holiday is so much more important than that. <_<

I'm turning 20 soon and that's when you have to go have a cervical smear done in the UK (apparently. My doctor has never said anything about it). I'm kind of nervous about it, though. My mum hasn't exactly helped; she made it sound horrible and scary. I've had breast exams before, but the person who did them really hurt me; I nearly cried!  :cry:

Does anyone know if they can tell whether you've had sex or not? The reason why I'm asking is because my mum said I had to lie that I had a boyfriend to go on the pill (I had the most awful pains, nausea, loss of appetite, fever, etc. and nothing was working to get rid of those things) and so I did. My friend and her mother go to the same doctors and they didn't have to lie to go on it, even though they wanted the pills just so they wouldn't have their period when they went on holiday! When I told my doctor I had all those horrible pains and everything, they wouldn't give it to me. I don't know why going on holiday is so much more important than that.  <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes they can tell if you've had sex like right before, and they can tell if your not a virgin but that doesn't really make to much a difference. I was put on the pill before I had sex and that was because of cramping, the pill reduces cramps and sometimes bloating and it makes periods a little lighter, depending on the dosage. So yes, he has to put you on the pill, you don't have to lie to get it tell him, that you want to go on it, and if he doesn't put you on it, get a new doctor because it's his job to give it to you.

how can they

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, they go inside of the vagina, and check cut a piece of skin from the inside and bring it out to test, they also can tell if you have um.. yest infection and alot of other things, they also can tell if your pregnant by doing that. I can't tell you how they know exactly because I'm not a doctor, I would just ask them when you go.

I'm sure the doctors can tell if you're a virgin or not, though I've heard that sports and strenuous activies can break the hymen ( the thin piece of skin that is broken during a woman`s first sexual experience ).

And Sheyda, you shouldn't have to lie to the doctor to get the pill. Even though I'm not having sex, I'm still going to stay on the pill because it makes my period soooo much easier to deal with.

They totally do, I'm going on the yasmin pill, they make your periods shorter and lighter, and also they reduce cramps, and it's been getting great reviews so I'm going to make my doctor switch me up, because my cramps are major, like the first couple of months after getting on this pill they were fine, but now their just horrible. I'm DYING! :cry: :cry:

I don't see how the doctor can tell if you had sex or not...the first time I had sex I didn't bleed...I don't think I even had a hymen...b/c I sure haven't bled unnecessarily :/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, they have to actually go inside the vagina in order to take samples, so they are going inside because your laying down. When you have sex there is a wall back there or a film covering once it's broken your not a virgin while a doctor is down there if he's able to go all the way back inside without touching the wall he can tell, plus he'll ask before hand. Sex education haha. Alot of girls don't bleed after sex, but you did have a hymen, just because you didn't see blood doesn't mean it wasn't there.

"The hymen is a thinlayer of skin that partially covers the vagina. Its purpose is toprotect the vagina from bacteria and other harmful pathogens. This skinis very sensitive, and easily torn. Some girls are born without a hymen,and others have their hymens broken from sports, horseback riding, usingtampons, or during manual sex. While the hymen is often broken during agirl's first time having intercourse, there is a high possibilitythat the hymen will already be torn before that, or not fully torn afterthat. Every girl is different. So, the presence or absence of a hymen isno indication of virginity.

If the hymen does break during sex, mostoften there will be some bleeding, because the tissue has blood vesselsin it. However, some women don't experience bleeding, and of coursetheir hymen may already be torn. Also, some bleed the first few timesthey have sex. So if she doesn't bleed, it doesn't necessarilymean she has already been devirginized.

Hope this helps!

source:http://www.adviceforallages.org/articles/sexmythsexposed.htm

"

Your hymen isn

Nah, I don't believe anything off of the internet unless it's coming froma doctors mouth to my ears, and my doctor has already proven to me that that's not possible, a tampon can't go up that far. Your hymen is towards the back a tampon once it enters your body is cotton it seperates and stays in one place until it is pulled out.

But that's just what I think everybody has their own assumptions on how you can loose your virginity riding a horse, and all that I don't find believable.

Edited by Sweetpea

Dear Beth,

About a year ago, I had unprotected sex. I didn't get pregnant or anything, and I haven't done anything since then. My mom says that I need to go to the gynocologist soon, and I'm afraid that he will be able to tell that I've had sex. Would he be able to tell if I have? And if he can, is there a certain amount of time that I can wait before he won't be able to tell?

thank you,

Britt

1. Dear Britt,

To put your mind at ease, no one but you will know you have had sex. A doctor cannot tell you have had sex from an examination. Many people think a doctor can tell if a girl has had sex if her hymen, the thin skin that covers the vaginal opening, is broken. First of all many girls have their hymens "broken" other ways--riding horses, bikes, etc. Secondly, if not already "broken" the hymen does not always tear the first time a girl has sex.

However, it is to your advantage to tell the gynecologist that you have had sex. What you say is between you and your doctor. He/she should know so he/she can answer questions you have. Before your exam, talk with the doctor to make sure you feel comfortable with him/her, then when you have your exam it will just be you, the doc, and a nurse in the room. Your doctor is there to help you- not to tell your mother you have had sex or make any judgments.

http://www.ppsp.org/askbeth/index.asp