Bellazon

Mat Gordon
Thumbnail

persuazn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So grateful for all the pictures here :flower: I really missed following Mat's career, just the other day I was on one of his Facebook pages and read an update from him, saying how he has contracted Hepatitis C and is HIV positive and other things. It was kind of sad to see that sort of thing from him, but somewhere along the line he stated he had begun healing.

I hope that maybe one day in the future he can go back to modelling, since he was definitely one of the best models in the industry  :hehe:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, he is gay. He mentions it many times that he is gay. He also mention that he fights addiction from crystal meth, he attributes things he did on the drug that lead to him getting hep C and HIV. 

To say I was shocked about all this is an understatement. I have followed Mat's career for a while now and I never knew any of this. I'm having trouble connecting the Mat I've seen in the media to the real Mat on this FB page. 

Not that I think any less of him. He's pleasant to everyone and still a nice, caring person. I just don't want anything bad to happen to him. I don't want him to be sick or die. And hearing all this information about him at once was really frighting. He is braving through it though, begun the healing process it seems and he's said that he doesn't even smoke anymore either. He's a strong guy and the important thing is that all his fans support him and not judge him for what's he's done. 

He is def. one of the best male models in the world, and I hope he stays clean and leads a long and happy life. Whether it be modeling or whatever else he chooses to do. He's been through a lot (you can read more about it on his page, they are public posts) and he deserves to be happy. We all take different paths to get there and some people's roads to it are way harder than others.   :heart:

https://www.facebook.com/mat.gordon.1?fref=ts

It only goes to show that you can't know a person from media and interviews. We all have our own stuff going on that no one knows about. I guess his sharing things so publicly is part of his healing process. To let it all out. He does appear to appreciate all the support he gets on his page. He should know that he is valued and supported by his fans. 

His fall, as it where, isn't something that can't be corrected if he that's what he wants. Mat has the looks and talent to come back strong in the modeling industry if that is what he chooses to do. The most important thing though is that he is well and alive. He also sheds a lot of light on what goes on in the industry and the parts he loves about it and the parts he hates. 

It's pretty ballsy to air your personal stuff like that and not care what anyone thinks of you. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Mat 💖 What an amazing career he had, both in terms of who he worked with, the quality he produced, and the length of time he modelled...  I think the fact that there is that sense of him "disappearing" or not meeting his full potential in the industry is just testament to the extraordinary longevity he was expected to have... and when you take into account all he was dealing with mentally at the time he was working, and what he managed to produce regardless, it says a lot about the strength he has as a person. He definitely could have been up there on model.com's Icons list today if things had been different, but I'm glad he isn't modelling anymore. I hope he is stronger today, mentally and physically. He was so brave in confronting his demons when he did and in speaking publicly on mental health, HIV, and the treatment of gay models in the industry. A definite icon to me 🤗 And still lookin' hot A.F😘 👌🏳️‍🌈🔥...

5724521370539689.jpg 

Source: Raquela Berakiki

Here's a video of him singing at the start of 2020...