Bellazon

Ginta Lapina
Thumbnail

Ann Mary

Diet Coke Campaign

Marc Jacobs x Diet Coke – Named as the Creative Director of Diet Coke earlier this year, designer Marc Jacobs appears in the 2013 campaign for the soda brand alongside model Ginta Lapina. Jacobs dons a kilt as he hoists the blonde beauty on oversized versions of his new bottle designs which celebrate eighties and nineties style. The advertisements were shot by Stephane Sednaoui and the limited edition cans are available in Europe this month. (WWD)

marc-jacobs-diet-coke1.jpg th_34be13242921846.jpg/monthly_03_2013/post-40197-0-1593846660-56906_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="marc-jacobs-diet-coke3.jpg"> marc-jacobs-diet-coke4-800x533.jpg marc-jacobs-diet-coke5.jpg 22614d242921858.jpg

FashionGoneRogue

Now, in time for the official launch of Ginta’s spirited Diet Coke campaign, we’re catching up with the top model to discuss her latest soda infused work, and what it takes to go from a cover girl to a Coca Cola queen! Known for her flawless complexion and killer street style, Ginta has quickly skyrocketed to the forefront of today’s A-list fashion scene, proving to be the model of choice for more than a few of today’s tastemakers. So before you head out to pick up one of Marc Jacob’s stylish new cans, get to know more about Ginta and her signature style in our interview below!

1. What was it like to model for Diet Coke and Marc Jacobs? What is it like to be on the Coca Cola can?

It was an amazing experience to be involved in such a big project, especially because it’s the 30 year celebration of Diet Coke and in collaboration with Marc Jacobs. He has always been one of the most inspirational people I’ve ever met and I was so honored that I was the one he chose to be a part of such an artistic and fun project!

2. Where were you discovered?

I was discovered in Riga, Latvia walking on the street with my mother. An agent came up to me and asked if I thought of modeling, I was very skeptical about it, but he eventually convinced me and when we did my first test shoot I fell in love with it! I used to do theater for a couple of years before I started modeling, so I found it to be very creative and a great way of expressing yourself after seeing the art that one can make in photographs.

3. What is the one designer item you’ll never give away?

I would say my Rag & Bone leather pants. They are always with me, on the plane, during the day & on the evening.They are so practical, chick, and comfortable!

4. What handbag are you carrying with you right now?

My red Marc Jacobs Jane cross body bag.

5. What is your favorite go-to accessory?

I love earrings! They always take your look from casual to chic.

6. When you aren’t walking the runway in super high-heels, what pair of shoes do you like to wear?

Even on my day off, I prefer to have shoes with a little heel. Although, in the summer my favorite shoes are my Havaianas.

7. What is your signature perfume scent?

I like more floral scents like Versace Bright Chrystal for daytime, and then at night I always switch it up.

8. What is the one beauty product you can’t live without?

YSL touché éclat

9. What nail polish have you been wearing lately?

I don’t really wear nail polish on a daily bases, because of my work; I get new nail polish every day! But on my holidays, I have discovered nail polish stickers from Sally Hansen, which are easy to apply and stay on for a long time!

10. What is the most extreme beauty look you’ve ever had to model?

Its a hard question, because it could be any beauty look that you see me wearing for a show or editorial. It really all depends what you consider to be the line between extreme and normal. For me, I accept any beauty look as is and try to become a character, so I never think of it as extreme; its just part of being creative.

11. Besides modeling what are some of your other life passions?

I love to paint! I’ve been in art school since I was 6 years old. When I started modeling I slowed down a bit, because of travel, but now I’m trying my best to find the time! Its fun and makes me relaxed at the same time.

12. What was your best memory from this Fashion Week season?

The best thing is always to see your friends, work colleagues, designers, someone you haven’t seen in 6 months. It always makes me happy!

13. Who are some of the model best friends you got to spend time with during Fashion Week?

Daria Strokous, Kasia Struss, Alana Zimmer, Jaquelin Jablonski, Hanne Gaby.

14. Now that Fashion Week is over, do you have any plans?

Now that fashion week is over I’m pretty busy this month with work, so I’m going to be in between New York City and Europe traveling quiet a bit and then vacation that I usually take in the summer. One of my favorite places to go is Marrakesh. It’s just so magical and relaxing!

http://www.modelinia.com/blog/ginta-lapina-sparkles-for-marc-jacobs-debut-diet-coke-campaign/47528#more-47528

12 Portraits by Daniella Rech

post-31828-0-1446063777-55423_thumb.jpg

Experience the season’s superstars at their finest in this striking black and white portrait series by Daniella Rech. Stepping away from the chaos of Paris fashion week and capturing girls behind the scenes during fittings. Rech gives a window into the world of each beauty, capturing their personality and poise in these simple, evocative images that run the gamut from adorable to serene - only in MDX.