Bellazon

Jedi: Fallen Order

Enrico_sw

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2019_11/JFO.jpg.a503e5b30e1174177bc6e01e17350618.jpg

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a single-player action-adventure video game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts, set in the Star Wars universe shortly after Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.

Set five years after Revenge of the Sith, one of the last surviving Jedi, Padawan Cal Kestis, has so far escaped the galaxy-wide purge of the Jedi Order started by Order 66, and is on the run from the Galactic Empire. After attempting to salvage a Venator Class Star Destroyer above a Sarlacc Pit, an accident happens in which Cal has to openly use the Force to save one of his friends from falling into the pit, which is witnessed by a nearby Imperial Probe Droid. The droid transmits the footage to the Empire causing Cal's true identity to be revealed to the imperials. The Empire dispatches the Second Sister, an inquisitor trained by Darth Vader, to hunt down the Padawan and eradicate the remaining Jedi Knights.

@CandleVixen @Stromboli1

:bounce:

So far, the reviews are pretty good. People say it's beautiful, apparently there's a real story (though we'll have to wait for the game to really know), the characters seem to be well balanced and the gameplay looks solid.  The worst criticism I've heard is that some people say the jumps sometimes don't feel very natural (but I guess we'll see).

I like what I've seen so far. I hope EA and Mickey don't screw this up with their usual BS...

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

@CandleVixen @Stromboli1

:bounce:

So far, the reviews are pretty good. People say it's beautiful, apparently there's a real story (though we'll have to wait for the game to really know), the characters seem to be well balanced and the gameplay looks solid.  The worst criticism I've heard is that some people say the jumps sometimes don't feel very natural (but I guess we'll see).

I like what I've seen so far. I hope EA and Mickey don't screw this up with their usual BS...

We shall see Friday. :chicken:

On 11/16/2019 at 5:15 PM, Stromboli1 said:

The game is good!

Yup, so far, it's great! The characters feel real, there seems to be a story and a well built scenario (so far), and they use a lot of classical Star Wars tropes, while also bringing new ideas. Graphics are beautiful!

We don't feel betrayed or defiled by political BS, which is great (and kinda new under the Disney era!)

^ this game is beautiful! And the story/characters are really interesting (and at least they put some effort in it).

It feels that they took a lot of inspiration for the gameplay (and the  developpers confirmed it): like Sekiro/dark souls for the fights, Assassin's creed for the exploration, Uncharted vibes as well.

I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and... it's tough sometimes, but I like it!

Of course, the game is not perfect, I've heard that the game duration is good, but they'll never beat the Witcher 3 (100+ hours). The personalization system (clothing, lightsaber) is "good", but they could've added a lot more diversity (like... the Witcher's armors and swords). The jedi powers are good... but there could be a lot more.

All in all, it's a pretty neat game, showing that serious people (without political motives) can do good work, but I hope there will be an expansion.

The sequel for this game has huge potential. 

However, they could have made the enemies a lot more interesting with some minor adjustments eg. 1. More enemies!  2. The blaster-equipped stormtroopers shoot way too slow (triple their rate of fire)  3. too many stormtroopers armed with a bludgeon- they are the most common type of stormtrooper.  It just looks off aesthetically.  What were they thinking?  Maybe they could have removed this type and replaced them with melee battle droids  4.  More purge troopers- these are well designed but too few.  5. more integrated stormtrooper squads (flame, blaster, LMG, RPG)  

• 2 weeks later...

It's really a great game. Not super awesome like the Witcher 3, Dishonored or Metro last light, but still really great. My guess is that they've been timid because of how EA screwed up in the past...

Jedi Fallen Order is definitely the best Star Wars game since Jedi Academy & Jedi Outcast. It's actually better than these games on some aspects (the graphics of course, but also the gameplay).

I love how the gameplay is hard (Sekiro style) and how Cal is fragile in this world (reflecting the fact that Jedi aren't invincible - and Cal is a young jedi). I do wish they added more powers or collectibles (the Witcher 3 style), and collectibles that make sense... (most of them are purely cosmetic)

Anyway, Star Wars spirit is really in this game! :bellazon:

(and that answers to all the geniuses in the media that say people are tired of SW... no, people still love it when it's done right - remember that Kathleen Kennedy!)

The fauna/flora on Kashyyk is awesome, it shows how people can invent new stuff and respect SW at the same time! (unlike you Rian...)

• 3 months later...

I take no pleasure in saying it because of how much I liked the writing, the storytelling, the acting and the visuals, but so many aspects of the gameplay were either so blatantly unfinished or ridiculously ill-advised that it became too frustrating to play for much more than an hour at a time. It's a crying shame because the potential was certainly there, the plot is very well executed and hits some in depth and very tragic notes that I dare say the bigger Wars stories would usually tend to skip over. I suppose there's a chance, if it does well sales-wise, that we may see a more polished sequel in the near future. :/

6 hours ago, Michael* said:

I take no pleasure in saying it because of how much I liked the writing, the storytelling, the acting and the visuals, but so many aspects of the gameplay were either so blatantly unfinished or ridiculously ill-advised that it became too frustrating to play for much more than an hour at a time. It's a crying shame because the potential was certainly there, the plot is very well executed and hits some in depth and very tragic notes that I dare say the bigger Wars stories would usually tend to skip over. I suppose there's a chance, if it does well sales-wise, that we may see a more polished sequel in the near future. :/

I agree with what you say, though I think I see the glass half full (probably because like many Star Wars "fans", we were craving for decent Star Wars and we hadn't had that in 10+ years).

Everybody hates EA as a company (they have been elected the worst business in the US several times). They know it. Their last experience with Battlefront was a disaster and Disney put a lot of pressure on them to not screw up this time. EA passed this pressure on Respawn (because EA does nothing :nicole: - they just count the bills). I guess the pressure was so high that they were timid on the gameplay.

If they listen to our feedback, I'm sure the sequel will be better (because Respawn is actually a decent company :thumbs_up:).

5 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I liked the game which has been the best Star Wars game since Disney bought LucasArts, but the game has no replay value in my opinion.

Yep. The collectible system is quite weak and pointless. Also, you tend to earn all the force powers very rapidly. So, the sense of progression is no that good.

But, it's true, it's the best SW's game since the "Disney events". These people know how to write a good story and it shows. It's so rare in SW these days.

1 minute ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yep. The collectible system is quite weak and pointless. Also, you tend to earn all the force powers very rapidly. So, the sense of progression is no that good.

But, it's true, it's the best SW's game since the "Disney events". These people know how to write a good story and it shows. It's so rare in SW these days.

The character needs to be more customizable how you build them either melee, force, or a blend of both. That's the reason the KOTOR games are the best Star Wars games in my opinion for that besides the equipable items that can be modded for the characters.

Story was okay in my opinion, but could've been better. The Star Wars timeline is so expansive, but they choose to mainly stay in only a 100 year block. That being said I think the High Republic Era will suck.