Bellazon

The Next Supermodels.

Strawberry BigMac

• 4 weeks later...

Okay just crossout everything I said previously...here are my thoughts now! For better or worse. :p

The Next Supermodels...imo would be

Daria Werbowy: She's the high fashion queen and has been there for how long? Seems forever. Hearing her speak you just can't compare her to other models the girl is smart and witty she can def. do promos whatsoever and speak to the public. A lot of people will say oh Daria is too high fashion her look is too weird to go commercial bullshit. Look at Linda I mean her face was not the most beautiful but it was interesting and people remembered it.

Miranda Kerr (sort of): She will gain fame maybe in the US but overseas? I don't think so. But I would never call her a supermodel simply because she's never modeled HF as far as (Paris, and Milan) week goes. But since she will have fame in the US..I guess most people will call her one. (That's beyond me. <_<)

As far as the next Gisele or Cindy? (used them as an example because they are just def. of supermodels) ....Um no one. I mean I thought at one point or another that maybe KK or Natalia V would do it..since I mean Nat..KK were all part of the Eastern European revolution in the fashion world like Gisele was with the Brasilian revolution..but they just don't want it...or in KK's case there time came and went...maybe Nat will still make it I mean the cover of US vogue. :shock: (due in large part to being wintour's pet :ninja: )

Maybe maybe..Caroline Trentini..one of wintour's current personal favorites will make it too...She doesn't have the prettiest face out there but the body! :woot: :woot: Its def. one of the best in the industry today if not the best. I mean not everyone gets Gisele's face but they still embraced her right? :D

But last but not least...maybe the next supermodel(s) will never come..like Vogue said "today girls come do there time and after they're done they go back to being ordinary...the super part is gone...its just a model." And I sometimes I believe this...even though I try not to. :cry: People just don't care. I mean honestly I today brought a magazine with Cate Blanchett on the cover over this current month's Vogue. Why? Because I love Cate and I think she's an extrodinary person..and my personal style icon. :heart: People don't care anymore about models maybe because their not as striking as they used to be or maybe because...? :idk:

their is no supermodels because they're not promoted....not promoted commercialy. they have to be relatable and HOT HOT HOT. because other wise people would rather just look at jessica abla and stuff. They have to make little boys sexually stimulated and girl envious. like cindy for pepsi.....people cared because she was a knockout....better looking then any actress or singer.

they'll be back!...headed by adri, ale, doutzen and hilary.

i also think supermodels died off because they arent as driven as they used to be. for example adri is making 6 mil a year and she barely works....the girls of the past could of never gotten away with that....they were doing new work constantly and looking for other buisness ventures to keep them relevant and paid. now a days you get a couple beauty contracts and your makin a few million but your still just a random face so i dont think they are as worried about getting mroe and more work. Their needs to be some sort of forum to connect models with uniterested parties.....VS is like the only thing and with the models they have been useing people just arent interested. They dont push the sexual envelope enough. ...However it shouldnt be all on VS and the current models need to promote themselves as hot and that they can sell commercial products and become brands themselves. They need to be larger then life.

Like Vogue said: "Who wants to be a supermodel anyway?"

and I think that´s the point... :laugh: fashion is becoming an industry in which smart models can become more than just a puppets for clothes or make up. What they can become is a business woman, and that´s much more than supermodel nowadays :idk: look at Gisele, Heidi, Tyra, Kate...they´re business women now, and really good ones!!! Supermodel era is gone, now it´s all about money, and not even beauty... :laugh: fashion is too versatile, too strong, too worldwide, too huge. It just can´t be held by few women no more...but it makes place for much more...and thatś awesome I think.

i love cintia.

yah but jennka all those super buisness women are supermodels. Supermodel'dom is sexactly that becoming so famous from modeling that your able to expand your earning through totaly different ventures.....cindy did it in the 90's and now kate's doing. The supermodels arent dead....they just stalled and were all waiting for the new crop of god's and godess'

WHAT ABOUT MALE MODELS :(.....i think the assumption is models are dumb and bitchy so whats the point in caring about them.

i love cintia.

yah but jennka all those super buisness women are supermodels. Supermodel'dom is sexactly that becoming so famous from modeling that your able to expand your earning through totaly different ventures.....cindy did it in the 90's and now kate's doing. The supermodels arent dead....they just stalled and were all waiting for the new crop of god's and godess'

WHAT ABOUT MALE MODELS :(.....i think the assumption is models are dumb and bitchy so whats the point in caring about them.

I know what you mean, I just think there aren´t supermodels no more. Yeah, teoretically, the are supermodels, but no one calls the like that anymore. They´re bussiness women, and only the fashion-fans know them still as a supermodels :idk: even Kate is rarely called "supermodel" in news :idk:

about male models - I´m sorry Straw, I honestly think there never will be an era for worship male models :no: woman´s beauty is just too...strong, and it´s in every person´s mind, that womans beauty is supposed to be worshiped :idk:

i totaly disagree i constantly hear cetrtain models being refered to as super's....infact its over used i believe.

fashion would of never flurished in the 80's like it did with out the supermodels fame. The most famous designers became recognized because of super and now they turn their backk on them lol....these girls put chanel, versace, calvin on the non-fashion map. They changed fashion.

i agree about the male models part....women's beauty is much more powerful. it sucks cause some of the guys are just as good as the gisele's and naomi's. male beauty used to be worshiped so much....maybe its just the era were in right now but i think "pretty guys"....are seen as lazy and "playboyish".

hmmmm

i totaly disagree i constantly hear cetrtain models being refered to as super's....infact its over used i believe.

fashion would of never flurished in the 80's like it did with out the supermodels fame. The most famous designers became recognized because of super and now they turn their backk on them lol....these girls put chanel, versace, calvin on the non-fashion map. They changed fashion.

i agree about the male models part....women's beauty is much more powerful. it sucks cause some of the guys are just as good as the gisele's and naomi's. male beauty used to be worshiped so much....maybe its just the era were in right now but i think "pretty guys"....are seen as lazy and "playboyish".

hmmmm

yeah, that´s the point - I mean, a common folk thinks like "he´s a model, he must be gay" :idk: