Bellazon

The Next Supermodels.

Strawberry BigMac

Is the sun damage that orange tinge to her skin in recent VS pics? Because I just thought that was overdone tanning cream or something. :ninja: You see it in Ale's pics, too. But it's amazing to go back and look at the SI 2003 shoot to see how much fresher she looked back then.

Agree with that :) Marisa has a gorgeous, HOT body, but as I see it, KK is somehow even more striking and her face is more beautiful :idk: but both girls are wonderful and frankly, I love Marisa´s body more :D she´s damn devilish shaped... :drool:

that's the way i see it. Victoria's Secret had to pick between Karolina Kurkova and Marisa Miller, and they picked K.K.

I vastly disagree with this! Marisa simply isn't runway material, while KK is. Simple as that. It was never about VS making a decision to favor one, and if there was, why would they choose KK? High fashion credibility doesn't sell clothes to the average American woman, so the better business decision would be to favor the model with the bigger following.

Not to mention, besides blonde hair and cool personailities, Marisa and KK are NOTHING like one another. Marisa is very American and KK is very European, and each seems to have their separate niches for that.

And even if her career ends up "unremarkable" like Petra's, that still means she'll be far more famous among the public than the current high fashion models will ever be. :whistle:

definitely agree that they don't share the same look (American v.s. European). however, they both do present the "hot blonde bombshell" thing for VS. even within the catalogues they try to have Marisa and KK on different pages and stuff. it wouldn't fit right if they were promoting things together. i think that's why Marisa's career (*again, at least with VS*) hasn't progressed, cause they picked KK as Heidi's "replacement" instead of Marisa. and you're probably right that it has alot to do with how great Karolina is on the runway, but i definitely stand by that it also has to do with her high fashion career.

regardless, please don't read my comments as putting down Marisa. she's been very successful, and i don't think any of us have to shed any tears for Marisa Miller. she's making a fortune and is certainly more well known than 99% of the high fashion models out there. (and definitely earning more $$$).

regardless, please don't read my comments as putting down Marisa

Don't worry, I don't think that! But I still disagree with you on your points! :laugh: If VS can constantly use four brunette Brazilians, I wouldn't think they'd mind two hot blondes. As for Marisa's career not progressing with VS, she's seems to have gone as far as she can possibly go without being an Angel, which I never expected her to be since VS clearly favors foreign models lately for that. So I have no complaints there!

• 2 weeks later...

I think Chanel Iman has a lot of potential. I have to admit I didn't like her at first but she's grown on me a lot and she was the best on the US Vogue cover. My mom is not easily impressed by models and the only models she really thinks are good models are like Kate Moss, Lily Cole, and Gemma Ward. Also I've bugged her enoguh with Jeisa for her to claim she finds her to be a good model too. And when she saw the US Vogue cover she said it was boring. She said the same thing about the VS show. She only watched the 1st segment and the airline segment. She said everything was boring except for Gisele and Justin, my dad said most of the girls he didn't see how they became models (he doesn't really understand how high fashion works). But anyway my mom said all the girls on the US Vogue cover were boring and I asked who she found least boring and se kind of analyzed it and then said Chanel. She said Doutzen was pretty. She can never memorize who Doutzen is regardless of the fact I show her Doutzen all the time. She always says Doutzen is pretty but not anything out of the ordinary :/ .

Someone explain to me what is so striking about Hilary Rhoda or even for that matter Coco Rocha? Why are they considered supermodel material?

For me Caroline Trentini and Doutzen Kroes are the next supermodels.

Chanel Iman is gorgeous - she has something about her, she´s so young and getting big name in fashion every day, so I think she´ll be next supermodel for sure.

I don´t know about Coco, but Hilary is exquisite - I mean, she´s got the classic old beauty, a wise expression, something inside...she´s got charizma! SHe´s just something more than just a model, or a beauty - I´m not her fan, but I can clearly see that :D special woman ;)

• 1 month later...

omg hilary rhoda is so gorgeous...she is like marlene dietrich or something...she is just old fashion beauty ...but she is stilll modern i find. She is so much more beautiful then most people....this is her destiny.

the girls who i actually think havea shot a shot are hana, daria, chanel and doutzen....they seem exceptional and original.....errr and they actually work unlike some girl who are underated....jessica white, ujwala raut

of all the girls out there i think daria has the biggest potential to be the next supermodel if she is willing to go commercial. lets face it, this girl turned down the vs contract. so this means that vs sees a big potential in her as a commercial supermodel.

daria has all the tools she needs to be the next supermodel so all she needs to do is taking the opportunities and go from there. this girl has the personality that is required to be the people's supermodel.

i just really want to see her in the vsfs. this girl is breath taking. her lancome's ad is amazing in a commercial sense.

omg hilary rhoda is so gorgeous...she is like marlene dietrich or something...she is just old fashion beauty ...but she is stilll modern i find. She is so much more beautiful then most people....this is her destiny.

the girls who i actually think havea shot a shot are hana, daria, chanel and doutzen....they seem exceptional and original.....errr and they actually work unlike some girl who are underated....jessica white, ujwala raut

I love Ujjwala Raut, what happened to her, she was big in 2003-2004, she also did VS shows and YSL campaign

Chanel has absolutely no chance. I don't want to sound mean, but I know I will, but she has absolutely nothing special about her, she must be the least attractive model ever, I don't even know why she is a model. I am sorry but I simply can't stand her, she is unbeautiful, uninteresting, unedgy, has no personality. I have no idea why she got s popular, that's probably because she is black. But god there so many amazingly gorgeous black models, why Chanel?