Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

I think if a person is better than others,she can be pushed.(Should be pushed)it is normal.

In VS there is always a model who is pushed more than the others.If they choose Candice,or someone else it means yes,we will see her in every kinds of thing about VS

I respect your opinion. In my opinion Adriana, doutzen, and alessandra are all better than Candice. But I know that VS has to look out for what's up and coming for VS and what will happen after the aforementioned girls leave, but to me looking at just one girl no matter if it's Adriana or Candice gets a little bit tiresome. That doesn't speak to their looks or imply they're flawed, I'm not even a fan of Erin, Lindsay, or Lais, but I just get tired of always only seeing Candice. On their flyers, their solo videos, most of the photos released are of Candice, etc. Again, I respect your opinion but I'm just making mine known.

On another note, has she done any shows after ny fashion week? I was hoping to see lots of her in Milan and Paris.

I agree with swanepoelcandy.

Candice doesn't only have the best potential among the new angels, but great potential as a model in general.

I really enjoy her high fashion work. I think it's amazing, because Candice is quite multifaceted.

I guess VS also recognized her potential. That's why VS is promoting Candice that much.

Don't forget: Candice's success is VS's success, too (in economic terms).

And I don't mind those YouTube comments.

Obviously, there are more people who like to see Candice that often, otherwise VS wouldn't feature her anymore.

But you (cherrybomb) have to admit that it calmed down a little. A year or so ago, VS used to feature her way more often. :flower:

On another note, has she done any shows after ny fashion week? I was hoping to see lots of her in Milan and Paris.

I guess lovemusic said that Candice will walk at Milan Fashion Week...?

I understand you cherrybomb

Victoria's Secret is a brand

Of course,they think their promotions..They are not in love with Candice,Adriana,Ale bla bla bla.... :laugh:

If a model promote their outfits,they pushed her(This is a job)..They did same thing for Adriana when she was younger,and they will do same thing after 20 years for another model

So we can say that in these models Candice sells their outfit better than others

I don't mean Candice is better(I think she is :heart: but everyone has different taste,so this is not about what I want to say) I mean,this is the reason why she is pushed

cherrybomb, I'm sorry if I sounded a little rough. Actually, I was just saying my opinion too, that I don't think WE would agree, so I really didnt get the point in making this comment here. But I know it's an open thread for that and I never said you couldn't have your opinion. I just happen to have mine about what you did too. It's ok :p

I would never deny an Angel her moment in the sun. But in my opinion I rather see Candice than Lily, Lindsay, or Lais or Chanel, and even Erin and Doutzen in some cases. I do miss Rosie A LOT. I do wish they would use Ale and Miranda a little bit more. When it comes to ads yes, I can see why some may think they use Adriana and Candice a little too much. Clearly those girls are doing something right, otherwise they wouldn't be featured so much. And in reality I cannot complain about that because I love them both.

Yeah, they use to push Adriana hard around 2003... I'm not singling Candice out, I guess this is more about VS than it is about Candice. And I know it's a business, obviously Candice sells and the whole point is to sell Lingerie. It's just that for the last few years it's been all Candice everywhere. I do agree they have toned it down a bit though. And I do prefer seeing her over Lily, Erin, Lindsay (but not Doutzen, Lima, or Ale lol) Miranda I could not care less about. Even with that said though, I guess personally as a VS fan, I would still like to see it mixed up. Even with girls that I don't love. As far as a lot of Adriana..I think VS doesn't use all that much of her. They love her for the events, and I can see why she has so much personality, but as for pictures of her...they were hardly releasing any until a few months ago. As for Rosie, I think she's a total hit or miss, sometimes she's outstandingly beautiful but sometimes I don't care for her. For me, her best work and looks were all outside of VS. I hardly liked any of her VS stuff.

cherrybomb, I'm sorry if I sounded a little rough. Actually, I was just saying my opinion too, that I don't think WE would agree, so I really didnt get the point in making this comment here. But I know it's an open thread for that and I never said you couldn't have your opinion. I just happen to have mine about what you did too. It's ok :p

No worries...but in the end, you are you, you don't represent everyone posting in the thread. I just don't feel that I have to take into consideration what Candice fans would think of my opinion if I wasn't bashing her. I didn't come in here ranting about her, nor did I say anything negative about her. Here's to the end of that though, cheers.

Yeah, the thing is... we never know WHY they choose them. Maybe it's even because the others can't or the contract is different, we don't know! I miss Rosie too, she was my second favorite. I'm not crazy about any other angel. I like Erin, Behati, Miranda, but I'm not in love with them like I was with Rosie and I am with Candice.

There are some girls I think would be great for an angel, like Nina Agdal. She's adorable.

I just want to say Forever Candice in all the commercials :drool: haha but is true they use her so much and I love it, I mean if she is good well then :D I just don't want to see when they stop using Candice people complaining that they stop using her <_< not a hate message or anything just saying :D

Sorry if i'm late about the topic candice exposure topic, :blush:

I think it personally depends on the model when it comes to people complaining. People never complain about adriana being shown, but then again adriana was never shown this much either. TBH in my opinion, my opinion, candice status isn't that good as an angel as the past ones when they were her age. Like someone mentioned "they did the same with adriana when she was younger" thats true, and no one ever complained. Thats why I feel it depends on the model. Imo candice is beautiful, and the most beautiful new angel but she doesn't have "IT" yet like VS may think she does. Obviously VS sees potential, I see it once the older angels leave, but right now I honestly don't get why they have to force her in this way,this much. I mean adriana wasn't even this forced in 2003. Yes adriana opened, got her two wings as candice. But VS never gave adriana her own little videos all the time, when it came to her being in commercials adriana wasn't in more than half of them neither was she included in every campaign line VS had created.

I don't even think VS is doing this just to get candice to "sell their clothes because she sell the clothes best"(imo none of the models doesn't influence a thing a costumer buys) because she is only doing videos and are in the magazines. she hasn't promoted a product in a while, she hasn't been doing any interviews for them, and you don't find her pictures in the actual stores that much. IDK why VS is exposing her the way they are but its getting under alot of people's skin. And the thing is people aren't even upset at candice its more of VS that people have the problems with. Their decisions have been OFF lately imo.

^Well you also you have to take into consideration that 1) the internet/ internet forums weren't as prevalent back then and 2) that youtube wasn't around yet. I bet you if those were around/ popular back then we would get a crap ton of vs videos featuring Adriana and there would of been people that would have been complaining about her being overexposed. But then again as you said your opinion is your opinion. But it seems that vs is doing something right considering that she has the most twitter followers out of the new angels that do have a twitter. But whatever, in about 1-3 years there will be a new girl that will be overexposed.

^Well you also you have to take into consideration that 1) the internet/ internet forums weren't as prevalent back then and 2) that youtube wasn't around yet. I bet you if those were around/ popular back then we would get a crap ton of vs videos featuring Adriana and people might have eventually complain about her being overexposed. But then again as you said your opinion is your opinion. But it seems that vs is doing something right considering that she has the most twitter followers out of the new angels that have a twitter. And whatever in about 1-3 years there will be a new girl that will be overexposed.

Ok, let me put it this way then, overall candice isn't getting the right reaction that I think VS intended it too. (Excuse me if I sound like a VS nerd, i've just been a fan of vs for a long time). What happened with adriana in 2003, is ofcourse happening with candice now, and started to happen for alessandra in 2006. Adriana's opening was significant, she was already a bit popular before it, she blew up right afterwards, I say right afterwards because immediately after 2003 she became who she is today and at the end vsfs people applauded her. Now ale didn't open til 2010, but I think at a point in time VS was exposing her more too and she got applauded in 2006 and she blew up. Candice opened and vs is exposing her in a way they never have before, as you mentioned to the technology, but its not doing anything. Candice is suppose to be out there by now and instead it just looks like VS is doing all this for nothing and people are tired of it because imo the way candice carries herself. So like I said candice's status isn't up there for VS to be exposing her like they are. They need to be slowing things down more because its not falling into order.

And ofcourse its no secret that candice may be the best of the new angels, but that's no excuse. Ale actually has the most twitter followers out of all the angels, and then adriana is one of the most liked models on fb, if not the most liked because she has over a millions likes. But when VS had the chance to use them, they didn't. Like with the vs swim, it was brazil themed but look at how that turned or is turning out, candice is everywhere. They could have used adriana and ale way more esp since they have all the popularity and are brazilian. But they continuing with candice, things like that makes me say she is being exposed to the point where its not that logical.

Usually no matter who is head angel or who is the face, VS always found a way to make things more equal with their angels still, not anymore