Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

VS might not make an official announcement or give Candice a formal introduction - they didn't do either of those things with Miranda. I think she has been made one, but I can see why people would wait until it's a little more clear. I mean why would you trust a source that can't even spell her name right? She isn't listed as one of their supermodels on the All Access site yet. That's a source that can be trusted more than Facebook.

The Facebook people corrected themselves on the "new faces" vs "new angels" thing, and I don't think that would have gotten as blown out of proportion as it did if it were not for a couple of people.

The 5 new Angels thing got blown out of proportion bc facebook f*cked up not because of people on here. I don't think Candice is an Angel and if she was an Angel we would hear something from VS. I want her to be an Angel so bad and I know she will be one soon. I hope Heidi retires soon so Candice can take her place.

The 5 new Angels thing got blown out of proportion bc facebook f*cked up not because of people on here. I don't think Candice is an Angel and if she was an Angel we would hear something from VS. I want her to be an Angel so bad and I know she will be one soon. I hope Heidi retires soon so Candice can take her place.

We never had a confirmation for Kk, or Iza, or Selita, or Miranda, or Marisa or Doutzen ... Or anyone ... I don't think we're goin' to have anything official to confirm Candice as an Angel ...

Im pretty sure that she is going to be one soon...i mean shes been on all those recent tv interviews,, like the football one etc. and shes clearly not the best at press events, yet they sent her..not rosie or anything. i hope she is the next angel.. she really does deserve it !

We never had a confirmation for Kk, or Iza, or Selita, or Miranda, or Marisa or Doutzen ... Or anyone ... I don't think we're goin' to have anything official to confirm Candice as an Angel ...

For Doutzen and Miranda there was a confirmation! I remember Doutzen was announced as an angel the day of the VSFS 07.

For Doutzen and Miranda there was a confirmation! I remember Doutzen was announced as an angel the day of the VSFS 07.

From who? ... She wasn't even @ the show in 2007 & her first event as an Angel was in August of 2008 or smt like that

Anyways ... I just hope to see many many many more stuff from Candice & not only VS 'cuz i love all her work, i would love to see her doin' something like Sports Illutrated

From who? ... She wasn't even @ the show in 2007 & her first event as an Angel was in August of 2008 or smt like that

http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?s=&...st&p=992494

-------------------

About Candice, I think she'll become an angel very soon or she is already, i don't know...

Those are news from a site/newspaper/magazine ... Not someone from VS like Monica Mitro & that's what im sayin' we never had an official word from VS before

Im done w/this discussion anyways, let's wait a whole year until the next VSFS to see the Angels Line.Up b/c that's the only confirmation we always have ...

The 5 new Angels thing got blown out of proportion bc facebook f*cked up

I disagree for quite a few reasons, but this isn't the thread to go into all of that. We have different opinions on the matter.

We never had a confirmation for Kk, or Iza, or Selita, or Miranda, or Marisa or Doutzen ... Or anyone ... I don't think we're goin' to have anything official to confirm Candice as an Angel

Izabel and Selita had press releases prior to the 2005 show. Marisa had a press release in the summer of 2008. Doutzen confirmed herself in late 2007, but VS themselves never said anything. Miranda didn't get anything. Candice might get a press release or they might do her like they did Miranda. They just threw Miranda straight into doing commercials and events.

Facebook is unreliable, so I'm going to assume it's official once/if Candice shows up on the official VS All Access page. There's nothing wrong with others waiting for VS to write a formal statement and say something to a magazine though.

So much confusion is going on.

One thing is for certain: I'm not worried. Candice will be an Angel, whether now, tomorrow or next year.

But I do think there's truth to the rumors. Last time, it was 5 girls, and some of them just came out of the blue (Chanel Iman). This time, it's only Candice, and out of those 5, she's the most likely to be named the next Angel first since VS has been using her as much as their actual Angels.

She's clearly in Angel perparation. And with Heidi leaving soon and all this talk about Marisa being fired, there is definetly going to be room for a new Angel.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

All I'm saying is facebook is very unreliable like Tori said. Don't believe the bullsh*t they put on the facebook page. They cant even get the twitter pages right. I know Candice will be an Angel but she isnt right now. By the next VSFS she will probably be an Angel.

She's done talk shows, and many other things it's pretty obvious...plus they've singled her out now as an angel. Even if you take the whole facebook thing out of it, it's absolutely dead on obvious she's an angel!

They don't hardly ever announce or make a statement of the Angels being signed, Victoria's Secret never does that. The article about Doutzen, wasn't even from the offices of Victoria's Secret, it was second party information. Victoria's Secret never makes a statement who gets signed or dropped, (Gisele being the one exception) they might mention it a year later in passing like "one of our angels yadda yadda" It basically is something you have to look for. Does she do launches? yes Is she doing major campaigns? Yes Is she part of the mainstream commercials? Yes Is she doing press, interviews etc? yes. One of these by itself doesn't prove anything but all of them together do.

She's done solo interviews, interviews with the other angels, she has been singled out in her own profile launch, the people at who do the Victoria's Secret PR reels (the ones film the swimwear shoots, and all the behind scenes stuff, that's actually NOT done by VS...like they try and make it seem) singled her out to promote the Swim 2010 collection with Miranda *Preview below*

post-8049-0-1446057520-67104_thumb.png

Also she is the star of the Semi Annual Campaign this year (VS will not have a non-Angel do something so huge) I think it's past a denial point now.

Like I said take out the whole facebook thing and it's still obvious. Keep in mind the same group of people who run the facebook page, run the all access page...so you can't really trust one without the other.

Monica's office is staying kind of quite about it, last time I spoke to them they weren't allowed to say much, but they did say (in an email as well) that the angel line up would be changing. Since we know which angels are contracted for several more years that only left a couple that were on the chopping block, with Marisa gone, my guess is Candice, and possibly Rosie will step up and take a spot. I wouldn't count Brooklyn out either, because she's a big part of the Swim 2010 campaign and she's a big part of the 2010 schedule it looks like.

i would love to see her doin' something like Sports Illutrated

Ehh... I don't know about that. The lingerie-swim route is so cliche. I think she needs to do some more work wearing clothes IMO. There's no reason why Candice can't ugly it up a bit, do more fashion work. I would probably like her more as a model if she showed more of this kind of diversity instead of the "straight-forward sexy" things.

(All of the above is just my opinion. It's not meant to offend or inspire intense rebuttals. It's just what I think. You don't have to agree.)

According to what I've read, and heard Marisa is a former angel, and Candice now holds her spot as of the fashion show. so, that's why she got the semi annual sale cover. I don't know if it's true or not! but I have my fingers crossed.