Bellazon

2020 SI Swimsuit

On 7/11/2020 at 7:54 AM, Clauds said:

Say whatever you want, but if SI wasn't making such a big deal about Valentina being transgender, the odds are that the vast majority of people wouldn't even realize she isn't a cis woman, clearly here in BZ it's different but the average person has no idea who she is and wouldn't stop once to think about how much of a "real woman" she is. Which is why I have an issue with SI, they are trying so so so hard to be woke pushing shit down our throats, instead of letting it happen organically. When VS started working with bigger girls and even with Valentina, they said literally nothing about it, yet people responded to it really well. All this parading around screaming how woke and inclusive they are, to me is pathetic and it feels fake as fuck. I understand the need to raise awareness but this type of thing instead of feeling truly inclusive to me, but in cases like this it ends up feeling more of a them vs. us thing. 

That being said, Valentina does looks better than about half of the girls in the magazine. I'll take her any day over the fat ones, any fucking day.

I had no idea she was trans until I came to this board. I saw her picture on instagram (I hardly ever read captions especially from si’s account) and I thought she looked hot. On first glance I thought it seemed like a terrific choice and she would fit in with the older issues. As a straight guy her being transgender doesn’t change my opinion. It only makes me ask uncomfortable questions with myself that I have no idea what the right answers are. 

GMA is revealing the cover and it's three girls. Can't remember three girls shooting together so I am concerned it'll be three girls from the MS or three athletes o.o 

Based in the silhouette seems like no thicc girls made it to the cover

Cover girls: Kate Bock, Jasmine Sanders and Olivia Culpo

The cover is decent, they are wearing black swimsuits. I think they all also got individual covers where they are wearing white.

Bets: Will Kate Bock finally stop lying about her age now or is she really gonna do the whole press tour bullshitting? We're in the #woke era, girlfriend seriously needs to stop lying about it, it's pathetic. 

In the group cover Olivia looks best, from the individual covers I think Jasmine has the best one. But they are all pretty meh and Yu's photography is tragic as always.

EDIT: Kate's cover is absolute trash, the more I see it, the more I hate it. This may be their worst cover ever, it's horrible o.o

Kate is the most overrated SI models ever, she's a nobody and this cover will do nothing for her..hopefully now this will be finally her last year

Olivia is not a good model and her cover is terrible, she should be a celebrity at best

Jasmine, awerage model and the black bikini doesn't look good on her..and i just can't like her face

Its okay, all of the covers are low energy, the one that at least exerts some kind of energy at least is Kate Bock's single cover. They really need to bring back Ben Watts and James Macari. I wonder why they didnt have Josie shoot the cover.
Still up there on the beat meter though I guess.

They mentioned in GMA that the issue featured 33 women, the list we have is 30 models including MS search. I assume the last three are athletes but I have no idea who could it be as I really never cared about the athletes. 

1 minute ago, Sensual said:

Its okay, all of the covers are low energy, the one that at least exerts some kind of energy at least is Kate Bock's single cover. They really need to bring back Ben Watts and James Macari. I wonder why they didnt have Josie shoot the cover.
Still up there on the beat meter though I guess.

i think Ben shoot the athletes, he commented under the SI post

16 minutes ago, Schemer said:

All I can say is: Meh.

Totally agree! 

I used to get so excited about who would be on the cover each year and would buy multiple issues. Now, I'm just kinda :idk: whatever.

I will say Yu Tsai's photography isnt tragic, the really big thing that really bothers me about it is his color grading and retouching. Its terrible and jarring.