Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

This has been said over and over again. Ming was offered an angel contract, but turned it down. She's got bigger plans, namely focusing on her HF career. Which is why I'm not surprised when Ming chose to be a sub-angel instead, because there's less commitment involved with VS. Sui and Ming are very much focused on expanding the fashion circle in China,  and intends to stay that way. 

19 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

This has been said over and over again. Ming was offered an angel contract, but turned it down. She's got bigger plans, namely focusing on her HF career. Which is why I'm not surprised when Ming chose to be a sub-angel instead, because there's less commitment involved with VS. Sui and Ming are very much focused on expanding the fashion circle in China,  and intends to stay that way. 

What HF career? I can’t find it.

5 hours ago, Fuka said:

There is still a small background of racism in their criteria of beauty. There are cultural explanations but it evolves too slowly unfortunately

I don't think it's racism. It is just preference. Every country has what they consider to be the most beautiful. It's different for all countries in Asia. But China still has a preference in ancient beauty standards and practices long before Europeans traveled there.

One part of it is cultural preference, but the other 50-60% of it is really racism too. There's a reason why black/dark skinned famous figures always speak up about the lack of color. 

Which is why it's sad to see Jasmine being received with a "meh" attitude when she was in China. Some people genuinely like her, but it takes a person who can appreciate beauty regardless to like her. 

I feel like....especially when it comes to beauty....people want someone closest to what they can become with makeup or surgery.  Even if Jasmine was highly sought after in China(I won't say Asia because they Japan/S. Koreans/etc. all have diff. beauty standards)...Jasmine's beauty would be considered unattainable because of how rich and deep her color is. But I mean.....there is now a procedure that can make you "African."

Literally, they have "melanin injections" on the market. I know in Russia they have an injection/procedure to reverse high levels of melanin production in someone who is much darker than the average Russian...aka African.

I noticed the "In The Middle" celebrities like Rihanna and Beyonce draw crowds....then there is always perceived social importance of race that comes into play as well. I have that complexion and it is widely praised among Asians or at-least the ones I came across or around. It's weird but whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I still remember a clip showing Gisele and Leo in Africa and an old tribesman with all the piercings etc. was interviewed and he said that if Gisele and Leo stayed there, they wouldn’t find anyone to marry because they are so ugly :rofl:

I need to find this clip. 😂

On 9/11/2018 at 8:11 PM, VSlover30 said:

The funny thing is, last year Sui gave a interview on Chinese television, it was before the show, they asked her what if you fall during the show, she said 'I will stop modeling'    :guitar:  

That was Ming, not Sui. Maybe Sui has said that as well though (?)

On 9/14/2018 at 3:59 AM, Chessie said:

Wow VS is getting behind, they better tell Lily to do it too and broadcoast it live on TV.

Screenshot_2018-09-13-18-57-45.png

Not hot at all. VS isn't a brand who wants to be provocative like that. 

20 hours ago, medicenevs said:

Maroon 5 isn't that relevant anymore. If VS will get anyone, will be someone that is IT atm and it probably be a hip hop artist since that genre is dominating, POP IS DEAD.

Maroon 5 is still relevant enough to do VS but I don't think they make music that fits the runway.

11 hours ago, Sanni said:

The start of the downfall was probably 2009 when Behati wore sweatpants on the runway.

The show of that year was definitely a huge let-down. The collection was rather weak. Charlotte Stockdale didn't seem to have great ideas anymore and was replaced by Sophia the very next year. 

22 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

Being an Angel takes away a lot of opportunities to do other things so I am not surprised most models do not want to do it and I do not blame them. I would choose a HF career too over VS especially since being an Angel now is nothing like it use to be

Not that restrictive like you make it sound like. The Angel-contract till circa 2009 is what you call restrictive! You can tell by the rare non-VS work the Angels of that time did and also how much VS paid them. The NA get paid like 100k whereas Angels before were paid millions. Read here:

https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/victorias-secret-angels-leave-brand-2015-4

7 minutes ago, VSfan88 said:

Not that restrictive like you make it sound like. The Angel-contract till circa 2009 is what you call restrictive! You can tell by the rare non-VS work the Angels of that time did and also how much VS paid them. The NA get paid like 100k whereas Angels before were paid millions. Read here:

https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/victorias-secret-angels-leave-brand-2015-4

The only VS angels I seen on the runway during NYFW were Taylor and Lily. The rest were at exhibits affiliated with VS.

1 hour ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

I don't think it's racism. It is just preference. Every country has what they consider to be the most beautiful. It's different for all countries in Asia. But China still has a preference in ancient beauty standards and practices long before Europeans traveled there.

To deny the beauty and talent of someone just because of their skin color is obviously racism. My sister who had the chance to spend two weeks in Beijing was unfortunately faced with the racism of some people. No models with dark skin manage to be successful there ...

10 minutes ago, Fuka said:

To deny the beauty and talent of someone just because of their skin color is obviously racism. My sister who had the chance to spend two weeks in Beijing was unfortunately faced with the racism of some people. No models with dark skin manage to be successful there ...

I don't think it is about denial of talent. I think it is more about which type of beauty can be obtained through makeup and surgery which is what economically drives the beauty industry. For example, big lips and butts which were seen as ugly and ghetto on black people by the majority of white people until they realized they can either achieve that same look through surgery or working out....then it became beautiful.

There is a whole history of what dark skin means in China/Asia that is not directly related to Africans. There are racist/prejudices everywhere but there standards of beauty goes way back...........I mean Asian model markets are just not my favorite(I skip over them entirely because I am not into the teen/youth/baby face shit) but I stan for the culture because it's a past life thing.

I am surprised to see Romee there because "tanned" skin even on white people are not favored by the Chinese modeling market....at all. Point. Blank. Period.