Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

17 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I think that what started this discussion is that PC is a soft form of totalitarianism.

And totalitarianisms love to split the population and make people fight each other. :noexpression:

That twitter informed the attitude...

The political media is in its own world at this point- about half of the US electorate doesn't care enough to show up to vote.  IMHO much less than this even follow the twists and turns.

Much of the Soviet union was either apathetic or openly disloyal to the Soviet gov't.  

Even the majority of the Nazi soldiers didn't care about politics as studied here:

518Rl6gi3IL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's always just the minority that truly care (and at a higher level, participate actively)  about politics.

Noam Chromsky- a radical left professor- has commented that he and others use college students to protest largely because 1. they are educated in the message 2. A lot of them have the time and energy that working adults don't have.

He forgot to mention the unique passion and idealism of a youthful brain.

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yes, I see what you mean. The big PC media have a huge responsability on the discouragement, and they don't even realize that. I'm pretty sure that the US people made their choice in 2016 because they were fed up with the media.

Oftentimes, PC media will state that intellectuals are more moderate. But there's no link whatsoever. Intellectuals can be extremists. In France, Trotsky is often depicted as moderate because he was an "intellectual". The truth is he was really an extremist. More extreme than many others (including Stalin at some point). He was the head of the red army and he massacred a lot of revolutionaries that were just "not enough" communists, like the Kronstadt sailors.

Most academics in the USA are liberal Democrats- which makes the frame that encases  their material to be very predictable.  Chromsky is a radical leftist.

The situation you describe was how some elements of US academia was up to the 70s.  (extremist things like apologists for Stalin and Mao, Viet minh etc.)   The fall of the SU ended discredited the remnants.  The rest were liberal Democrats.

The chasm between the USA's political traditions and West. Europe remain as they did in his time. 

16621.jpg

Americans have a traditional optimism of the individual's ability to eventually "get rich", exultation of the individual's rights, suspicion of central government and the taxes they pay to sustain it- making them considerably less nationalist than the European imperial powers.  I believe this tradition is why the West/Northern Europeans have much more faith in what they get for paying for their welfare /social justice states today.  The Gov't and corporate marketing is more effective.

I wrote elsewhere on this forum that in my lifetime, trust in the US media elite started to fall in the 1990s and is at all time low.

How do this "morality" start and spread?  The best text about it that I've personally read was this book.  This study focused on how innovations spread in a society but it can be applied to ideas, ideologies, habits, etc. all sorts of things.:

9780743222099.jpg

There is also the theory of reflexivity:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexivity_(social_theory)

Ultimately the things you often complain about- "PC" is in the interest of the corporate media and their investors today.  PC sells products and services.  It sells political advertising. This is why M.J is pushing fat women into Sports Illustrated.  That's how it is...capitalism isn't about fairness, necessarily doing things of value. ...

On the other side, "Infowars" and "Brietbart" certainly have right wing elements supporting it.

On 2/9/2018 at 8:35 AM, frenchkiki said:

I like this actor ^^ Everybody hates Chris :thumbs_up:

That's not a white woman, it's a black men!

#whiteFace:blink:

I don't like chocolate on Banana! it's disgusting.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5112144

No, it's a beautiful white woman

tumblr_mrxy1ww4yy1qbg1nso1_400.gif

I'm unhappy that the voting system was removed.

I heard that I get upgraded to a BBC if I get 100 likes :cry2:

E84LM.gifgiphy.gif