Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

Doner kebabs ‘to be outlawed across Europe’

Legislation has been put forward by the European Union that would make them illegal because of the phosphates that they contain.

The food, which originated in Turkey, could be banned because of their links to cardiovascular disease.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/01/doner-kebabs-to-be-outlawed-across-europe-7124829/

I hate it when politicians treat us like babies ......... thinking of getting 2-3 kebabs to eat after reading this  :ermm:

In the dying days of the Obama administration it looked like the goal was to placate Iran to stop its pivot towards Russia and China. I believe that was the driving force behind Obama’s negotiating the controversial nuclear deal.

In effect, Obama tried to trade unfreezing Iran’s hundreds of billions in assets held in Western banks for Iran to ignore our atomization of Syria and the creation of a complete mess there.

When you stop to think about it like that how venal are we? After putting Iran under economic lockdown, having frozen its accounts, barring them from interbank communication with customers (SWIFT removal), inducing hyperinflation to sow regime change they would agree to allowing its ally, Syria, to be handed over to Wahabist animals.

In exchange they would repudiate Russisa and be thankful for the opportunity to get their money back by signing a deal which forbade them from obtaining nuclear weapons?

The Russian intervention exposed the real roots of the conflict as well as the lengths to which our leadership would lie, cheat and steal to achieve its chaotic regional goals. President Trump is changing the direction of this ship of state, but it is a slow process being fought at every level by those embedded in departments up and down the bureaucracy.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-15/iran-joins-eaeu-45-years-us-foreign-policy-down-drain

I dunno, there's a pretty big disconnect between the headline and the content of the article, which doesn't seem to support the notion that this represents a shift in the burden of proof. The change they're referencing sounds more like a broadening of the definition to match the accepted one in the UK, US and elsewhere, where affirmative consent is quite rightly the standard and innocent until proven guilty is still the law of the land.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/sweden-rape-law-consent-new-pm-backing-stefan-lofven-a8117471.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5198363/Sweden-consent-law.html

I'm not so sure. It seems that they want to convert relationships between men and women into contract signatures between commercial partners. I don't think it's good, to say the least.

16 minutes ago, Michael* said:

there's a pretty big disconnect between the headline and the content of the article

This common practice is very frustrating to me. A headline is all about getting clicks, and is not bound to the real information of an article.

9 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I'm not so sure. It seems that they want to convert relationships between men and women into contract signatures between commercial partners. I don't think it's good, to say the least.

Honestly, it still reads to me like it has to be proven that consent wasn't given for a conviction, as opposed to the previous legislation which asked for proof of the victim saying no and the assailant understanding it. So all that's really changed is that the "she didn't say no" defence isn't going to wash any more. The problem is that the story has been reported so irresponsibly that a reasonable idea has been made into fuel for the usual fake provocateurs to claim that innocent men are being persecuted somehow.