Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

Another one for the Chinese Communist apologists:

A bit related to this but I noticed that India seems to have a trend of 'nationalism' (not only their leader but a portion of the population think that India can become a superpower) and there is a small tension between China & India, a rather mutual contempt/annoyance at each other.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yes, the Witcher, Jedi Survivor, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Bayek of Siwa, etc. all of them have their hero's journey, that's why we like them.

The traditional hero's journey shows love to both men and women. The feminist hero's journey is rooted in hatred; they have to show contempt for men and ridiculise them, that's why they're despicable

Heroines-journey-2-e1597778665775.jpg

My main issue isn't the feminist heroes' journey but why should I spend my time to watch it when I don't relate to it?   I think a lot of the male audience feels the same way.  Besides if they have a female supervisor/boss there is enough 'empowerment' on a daily basis. It's enough..

I do think that the traditional heroes' journey is more male oriented and deals with more male issues than female.

The Witcher's journey is not just a heroes' journey but a wisdom quest and a quest for wholeness combined.  To me that is superior to a heroes' journey by itself.  I don't know of any other franchise that has all three combined, usually they only have one.

Ciri's story in the novels/games is a female heroes' journey.

The Nolan Batman films are great to me as they are a heroes' journey combined with a wholeness quest.

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

A bit related to this but I noticed that India seems to have a trend of 'nationalism' (not only their leader but a portion of the population think that India can become a superpower) and there is a small tension between China & India, a rather mutual contempt/annoyance at each other.

Agreed, I've seen that. I don't think that India will ever become a superpower. It has lots of assets (great engineers, demographic power, growth, etc.), but lots of liabilities (bureaucracy being the worst).

It's funny to see that the Indians used a Western tool to counter China (they accused them of being racists), while China doesn't give a crap about "racism".

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Heroines-journey-2-e1597778665775.jpg

My main issue isn't the feminist heroes' journey but why should I spend my time to watch it when I don't relate to it?   I think a lot of the male audience feels the same way.  Besides if they have a female supervisor/boss there is enough 'empowerment' on a daily basis. It's enough..

I do think that the traditional heroes' journey is more male oriented and deals with more male issues than female.

The Witcher's journey is not just a heroes' journey but a wisdom quest and a quest for wholeness combined.  To me that is superior to a heroes' journey by itself.  I don't know of any other franchise that has all three combined, usually they only have one.

Ciri's story in the novels/games is a female heroes' journey.

The Nolan Batman films are great to me as they are a heroes' journey combined with a wholeness quest.

Ciri's story is relatable, because she has to go through hardships and she likes Geralt. She's not the typical Hollywood feminist that spits in the face of all the men she knows (like Captain Marvel). Ciri has huge powers, but she has to go through lots of trials. It's both her heritage and her work that make her special.

The Mary Sues in modern feminist shows are annoying because they're unrelatable (and full of misandry). Supposedly, it's to make up for the fact that women in real life were dealt a bad hand, but it's completely wrong. Women weren't dealt a bad hand in the West. They have lots of assets and lots of powers that men don't have. They're just different, but the advantages are legion and in lots of instances (not all of them), it's actually easier for them.

@Enrico_sw  This is a quite interesting response from Buffett & Munger on Woke on Corporate Boards and political controversy.  Their stance, unlike Elon is to stay out of it for the sake of employees and shareholders. This was recorded in their annual shareholder meeting.

17 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

@Enrico_sw  This is a quite interesting response from Buffett & Munger on Woke on Corporate Boards and political controversy.  Their stance, unlike Elon is to stay out of it for the sake of employees and shareholders. This was recorded in their annual shareholder meeting.

I agree with what they say. It's better for their shareholders and employees. It's perfectly rational.  However, I would judge Elon more harshly if we weren't in a world where a growing number of companies are taking extremely woke stances (Disney, Target, Bud, Balenciaga, Netflix, etc.)

Most of these companies are being taken over by a sectarian movement through the propaganda fed by "gender studies" graduates (or any other type of sophists) who entered their companies a couple of months/years ago.

Elon is trying to bring freedom in a world dominated by liberticide forces. Of course, many of those who succumbed to the voluntary servitude are angry against those who try to break shackles.

The ESG score is a massive scam that allows companies to greenwash or pinkwash their brands.  It results in the division of people. Even if the intentions were good (and I doubt that as well for many people), the results are catastrophic.

On 5/29/2023 at 3:49 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Agreed, I've seen that. I don't think that India will ever become a superpower. It has lots of assets (great engineers, demographic power, growth, etc.), but lots of liabilities (bureaucracy being the worst).

It's funny to see that the Indians used a Western tool to counter China (they accused them of being racists), while China doesn't give a crap about "racism".

Yea, India has massive problems.  I find it interesting that China, India, and Russia produce tons of highly technically educated people (scientists and engineering) but GDP per capita is low compared to Western countries.  Russia produces almost 50% more engineers per year than the US last I checked and that's something that most people don't know.  India and China produce many times more STEM people per year than the US.  Japan has many aspects that keep them in the first world but they hit a wall in the 1980s and haven't recovered since.

One of the things that I find interesting is what kind of culture & people can make a good society.  It seems that the society needs a well balanced mixture of different people with different traits, besides good rule of law and institutions.  Introverted and extroverted people, entrepreneural-risk taking people, people with managing and leadership skills, introverted technical people, etc. combined together.  The society can't have an excess of one type of people and lack the others.

36 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

Yea, India has massive problems.  I find it interesting that China, India, and Russia produce tons of highly technically educated people (scientists and engineering) but GDP per capita is low compared to Western countries.  Russia produces almost 50% more engineers per year than the US last I checked and that's something that most people don't know.  India and China produce many times more STEM people per year than the US.  Japan has many aspects that keep them in the first world but they hit a wall in the 1980s and haven't recovered since.

I didn't know Russia had so many engineers. I've met some of them in the past, they're good, but sometimes a bit too conservative (they rely on the fundamentals a lot). I've met Korean and Japanese engineers, I like them a lot. Very disciplined and humble.

Indian engineers are so good individually (very smart and savvy), but very inefficient when they are in a group. Taking a decision has got to get through the whole bureaucracy. And they know it ver well (but still can't fight it). Indian engineers do great in Western companies where there are less bureaucracies.

49 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

One of the things that I find interesting is what kind of culture & people can make a good society.  It seems that the society needs a well balanced mixture of different people with different traits, besides good rule of law and institutions.  Introverted and extroverted people, entrepreneural-risk taking people, people with managing and leadership skills, introverted technical people, etc. combined together.  The society can't have an excess of one type of people and lack the others.

Yeah, that's what I've always thought. It's the only diversity that matters (culture, character, etc.) These are the things that really matter. Gender, race, s*xual orientations are a extremely superficial way of seeing people.

This also applies to political parties; we need right and left (and all the other nuances - two parties isn't enough). When a party takes the supremacy (like the Left in the USA), it becomes crazy and extremist (that's exactly what's happening in the USA).

(I'll stop here, before I ramble on again :laugh:)

34 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

One of things about the US is that we have legalized corruption called campaign contributions and lobbying.  This hides what it really is.

Yes and the US has stopped to fight against oligopolies. American economists made great work and analyses on competition and they contributed to the making of great Antitrust laws. But you have stopped to enforce them.

Blackrock's CEO, Larry Fink (aka the biggest manipulator of woke mobs) says he wants companies to "force behaviour".

A century ago, antitrust laws would've been used against this megalomaniac man's dystopian company.

With the withdrawal of Wagner PMC for rebuilding, Ukraine has begun their counteroffensive at the Z-Oblast front.  So far it appears that the news flow claiming that the West ran out of reserve ammo, Western production of ammunition is poor, and Ukraine's ammunition situation is very depleted is so far evident.

There are no weeks long interdiction strike operations (instead it was the Russian air force and missiles that destroyed many targets- including dozens of warehouses and ammo dumps along with strike footage of 60 Ukrainian radar and artillery systems destroyed by Kamikaze drones )

The Ukr attack performance has been quite poor from 6/4-6/8, almost no ground gained and so far it has been a turkey shoot with high Ukrainian losses of men and material.  Russian forces claim up to 5000 Ukr casualties and hundreds of vehicles knocked out, including visually confirmed drone footage of French and German tanks.  They also released footage of over 75 Ukr vehicles getting blown up, more will certainly appear.

t14ckIUB3S4.jpg?size=1280x632&quality=95

This appears to be first stage of the offensive, and there will be a middle and final act, still to come.  What is striking however the lack of fire support, this shows that the Russian strategy to drag out the war and force Ukraine to use up thousands of artillery shells a day has had a material impact.

The big 1,000 dollar question is whether or not the USA is committed enough to self-cannibalize its own ammunition stockpiles to continue the war.  If they are perhaps Ukraine will have a nasty surprise up their sleeve in the coming weeks.  I doubt that this offensive will last more than a month and they can terminate the offensive at any time and shift to defense.

Overall, if these results continue the war may end with a negotiation in a few months due the collapsed Ukrainian ammo supply.  Without ammunition Ukraine will have to terminate the war and accept a peace deal.

It seems overall that the maneuver warfare and tanks have become terribly dangerous due to modern ISR, drones, artillery and PGM.  It's just too easy to destroy 20 million dollar tanks and other armored vehicles.